Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 119 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #1181
Jenber
Just didn't want this to fall off the front page...

-Jennifer Ehrichs

Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #1182
Angel Rojas
Well I know for a fact that she will be at the Arlington, TX NARBC show. Then she's comming here to PA, for what, I don't know. But I do know that the Hamburg show and the Repticon show will be here in PA and Philadelphia, I will be at both of them

Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #1183
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
If anything can be learned of this, it is that we MUST be more proactive, even if it can be construed as aggressive about exposing these people...

Where do we draw the line? I know I'm not going to let some other forum's TOS stop me from doing the unpopular thing and calling that person out. Especially a person as detrimental as this. We NEED to start policing ourselves, and sticking up for what's right instead of sweeping it under the rug and pretend it isn't happening. The "out of sight, out of mind" mentality is a huge part of what is killing us from the inside out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rojas View Post
Well I know for a fact that she will be at the Arlington, TX NARBC show.
Exactly what I have been saying all along. People may dislike me for being so in-your-face about stopping these kinds of people, but I do not care. It needs to stop before more people get hurt and more animals suffer.

This is also EXACTLY why I made the statement that I did. What will be done by the Texas herp community to prevent this now that the threat is known?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #1184
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rojas View Post
Well I know for a fact that she will be at the Arlington, TX NARBC show. Then she's comming here to PA, for what, I don't know. But I do know that the Hamburg show and the Repticon show will be here in PA and Philadelphia, I will be at both of them

I find it real hard to believe that Ashley is vending at the NARBC Show. What name is she vending under? One quick call to Bob and Brian will clear this up real quick. I'll wait for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post
Exactly what I have been saying all along. People may dislike me for being so in-your-face about stopping these kinds of people, but I do not care. It needs to stop before more people get hurt and more animals suffer.

This is also EXACTLY why I made the statement that I did. What will be done by the Texas herp community to prevent this now that the threat is known?
One person that doesn't even live in Texas claims that Ashley will "be at the Arlington NARBC Show". He didn't even say vending, he said she would be there. I'll contact the promoters myself if it ends up being a fact that she is vending, but I'll wait for Angel's clarification first.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:36 AM   #1185
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
I find it real hard to believe that Ashley is vending at the NARBC Show. What name is she vending under? One quick call to Bob and Brian will clear this up real quick. I'll wait for your reply.

One person that doesn't even live in Texas claims that Ashley will "be at the Arlington NARBC Show". He didn't even say vending, he said she would be there. I'll contact the promoters myself if it ends up being a fact that she is vending, but I'll wait for Angel's clarification first.
Forgive what may be an ignorant question, but, from my understanding as a non-boa person... we don't KNOW 100% if IBD can be transmitted or not through casual contact or airborn, right?

Would it be a risk to animals at the show if someone with a known IBD case handled their own animals, didn't change clothes, and went to a show? Would a situation like this where someone simply attended a show be a risk to other collectors, hobbyists, breeders, etc? Or is that "safe"?

From what I've read, it appears that we KNOW some viral ailments (like what Jen's collection contracted, or crypto in leopard geckos) can be spread this way, but it's not clear one way or the other yet with IBD? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #1186
crotalusadamanteus
True, it's not known for certain the method(s) of transmission, so IMHO, it should be assumed to be airborne, transmittable through casual contact, etc. just for the sake of safety for your collection.

As I said before, I know one person in particular that practices stringent quarantine procedures, and yet, somehow, it got by him and infected all but one of his animals. That in itself is enough to convince me that it is most definitely transmittable through casual contact.

If a transmission source can not be pinned down, then you should assume all the "suspected" means of transmission are valid IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheideman View Post
Forgive what may be an ignorant question, but, from my understanding as a non-boa person... we don't KNOW 100% if IBD can be transmitted or not through casual contact or airborn, right?

Would it be a risk to animals at the show if someone with a known IBD case handled their own animals, didn't change clothes, and went to a show? Would a situation like this where someone simply attended a show be a risk to other collectors, hobbyists, breeders, etc? Or is that "safe"?

From what I've read, it appears that we KNOW some viral ailments (like what Jen's collection contracted, or crypto in leopard geckos) can be spread this way, but it's not clear one way or the other yet with IBD? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #1187
Bighaze
I would like to think that she would be ostracized at ANY reptile show, no matter if she is selling or not. But thats just me...............I truly would like to think she would just go hide somewhere, IMO just getting her gone from the hobby is all we can hope for at this point.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #1188
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post

If you don't want to defend it in the thread dedicated to it, maybe you shouldn't keep harping on it in other threads.

This thread is about Ashley, not the state she lives in.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #1189
amercnwmn
Quote:
True, it's not known for certain the method(s) of transmission, so IMHO, it should be assumed to be airborne, transmittable through casual contact, etc. just for the sake of safety for your collection.
I've tried to explain this throughout the thread, because it's blazingly apparent she has visited various pet stores, and has other people with boas/pythons who clean cages, and help with her snakes.
Too much is UNKNOWN for anyone to make a safe assumption on anything regarding IBD.
"Better safe than sorry" should definitely be a PRIME motivator in these cases.

I don't believe she'll be vending @ the Austin show, as Tim Cole is obviously aware of the situation. I really don't see him, or any other show promoter allowing her to vend after this thread.

I hope she's not having friends try to unload them for her. She's already shown she doesn't give a rat fart for the animals, hobby, or anyone else's collections. What's to stop her from unloading through resources OTHER than shows? Pet stores?

I strongly suspect she'll make an appearance at several of the shows, but as far as vending, I don't see it happening.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #1190
KelliH
Nah, she's not going to be vending there, and, "the Texas Herp community" and/or anyone else for that matter, really cannot keep anyone from simply attending a show.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd