Miss you little Sis-R.I.P. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
reptilebreeder
Unhappy Miss you little Sis-R.I.P.

Didn't know where to put this, but it is a lonely heart post of a different kind, so I decided to post it here.

My little sister passed away 2 years ago this Feb. 6th, and I was going to change my sig a day or two ahead to reflect this, but I put it up a little early, because I have the date set in my phone calender, and it is set to go off every year as a reminder, not that I would forget, it just seems kind of tangible to have it "in" my phone. Anyway it's set to notify me (alarm) one hour before, yet not to sound like some paranormal freak, it goes off several times a year, and tonight was one of those times. I know it sounds freaky, but I have many other reminders (herp shows, B-days etc) and it only does it with this one. I like to think that it is her keeping in touch with me.

I was a Paramedic for a little over 7 years, like many I suffered from "burnout"......... to much death, way to much. As a result of that I got to thinking about Death and how fragile life is, and started worrying about who I know that would be the first to die. See even though I saw so much death and dying, I never really knew someone close that died, and never, thankfully, experienced it on a family level because we never knew our Grandparents. Everyone knows the day would come, and I have dreaded it more than I think is normal, because of my experience as a Paramedic. Your mind "expects" a certain order ie. in order of age starting from like Grandparents or even great-Grandparents.

That day came for me (us-our family) Feb. 6th 2003. To this day, and I think (God forbid something happening to my Daughters) forever, it will be the worst day and time of my life. Never in my wildest nightmares would it be my little Sister taking her own life.

The ironic thing relating to Fauna Classifieds and me posting it here, is that she was the first and biggest investor in my breeding business, and I never got to fully pay her back.

Even though it is effecting me recently more than I think last year even, I still worry that someday I might "forget" her, and I don't want that to ever happen, even though inevitably one starts thinking of things like this less and less.

Sorry if I dragged anybody down.

Kimberly Kellar 8-01-69 / 2-06-03 I got your "message" today. Miss you.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Lucille
I know this must be a difficult day for you; I am so very sorry for your loss. I am glad you had the courage to talk about it here, sometimes expressing our sorrow helps us to bear it.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Wilomn
Hang in there man. The watch thing is odd but in a cool way it's also pretty neat. I'm sorry for you loss too. What you said is true and I know from personal experiance that you'll never forget but that remembering will get less painful.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
ms_terese
I'm sorry that you've suffered such a loss. A member of my family took his own life as well recently, and I can relate to your devastation. It's hard to not dwell on the "what if's" and "if only's", but those will fade in time.

Keep her alive in your heart, your memories, and even in your reptile project that she believed in, and remember that the only thing we never lose people, only the vessel that they embodied on this planet. It ain't Avon calling your phone, you know!

Old 01-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
Traci1
This breaks my heart, I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you, your family, and your sister. I am glad you were able to come here to share your feelings.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
jglass38
Sorry for your loss and for the pain you must have endured. Losing a loved one is never easy.

Jamie

Old 01-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
mmfrankford
My prayers for you. Hang in there.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:38 AM   #8
robin d.
i mom passed away very suddenly 6 years ago (this coming march) a week shy of her 59th birthday and a couple of weeks shy of my folks 40th wedding aniversary. People say it "will be all ok" but its not ok. I worried i would forget my mothers face or her voice and even though i havent seen or heard her in 6 years, i dont forget them. with time it gets easier but it takes time. I had never even thought about my parents dieing.. to me they were still to young... 26 years old and losing your mom, its hard. the only thing i tell people is not to let little things or big get between you and your loved one, take the time to tell them you love them, say your sorry, take the time to truely appreciate them or whatever because you might not ever get the chance.. i didnt

Old 01-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Sasheena
Aw Robin, your post put tears in my eyes. My mom will be 59 this year, and in two months will be finishing her chemotherapy for her fourth bout with cancer. Only this latest bout, with my mom sick to death (almost) have I really been able to shed the childish feelings I'd had towards my mother, and learn to love her for the flawed but wonderful person she is. My sister, at the same time, made some awful choices in her life, and was not there for my mother (they are much more close normally than my mom and I). It's been a turbulent year, but with my sister changing her ways and turning herself around and becoming a pleasant person to be around again, it has brought me a lot of joy to have this closeness to both of them, albeit across the continent.

Losing a loved one leaves a permanent empty hole. It heals, but never closes completely. Three or four times a year I think of my brother. Since he died in his sleep, I am not tormented by "might have beens". I just think sadly on the adult person I never got the chance to know.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:43 AM   #10
Bringerofdoom
wow, those are some sad stories everyone. i really want to add my own story to all this, but i feel with the trolls looking to pick apart my post i will not post about it. I know if they tried to use to fuel their pety fires i would be the first to get the $100+ fine and sepension.

I will say this though, you will never forget, no matter how long they are gone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!