So....Who is going to screw up first? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Actually, upon further thought, I realize that the above isn't true...they could order a burm, and intercept the shipment - is that considered entrapment??
I am sure that someone could try to claim that it was entrapment but, under the situation you mention, it would not be entrapment since the seller is only provided with the opportunity, to break the law, but is not persuaded/influenced, by agents or officers, to do so.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
burm_daddy
since when is it against the law to ship a snake from the north part of a state to the southern the only thing thats law is it cant move out of the state i am correct on this right

Old 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by burm_daddy View Post
since when is it against the law to ship a snake from the north part of a state to the southern the only thing thats law is it cant move out of the state i am correct on this right
Everything goes to/through either Memphis, or Indianapolis no matter where you're shipping it.

Technically, you'd be sending the animal across state lines.

Best just not to offer or seek shipping for these animals. If it's within your state, do a meet up to pick the animal up.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
Yup Shadera, that was my thought too. No packages could be shipped at all. Still, not as many know about the law change, people who visit snake forums know, but not even all forums are as up on this news as the snake specific communities.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
burm_daddy
well im sorry but i know for a fact me shipping a snake from vegas to reno its going to go to Tennessee and it wouldn't be against the law if i had the same state shipping to and from if the shipper takes it out of state they cant arrest me i didnt ask it to go out of state

Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
burm_daddy
i have shipped about 25 to 30 snakes and only had about 4 go to tennesse and those were going to the east coast and i see where the packages go i look at the tracking thing every few hrs when i ship a snake

Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
.... The animals are NOT supposed to cross state lines if it is a commercial sale or purchase, Just because the SHIPPER does it does not mean you are not responsible.

Where do you get your logic that its not "against the law" if it says the same state. IT STILL LEFT THE STATE.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
burm_daddy
since the ban i haven't shipped anything that left the state and im not disagreeing with u i actually agree with u but what im saying is how can i be doing somthing illegal if i dont know that the package will go out of state when i ship it cuz im shipping it to the southern part of the same state im in ?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
Shadera
But, now you DO know that it's going to leave the state if you do that. It's one thing to claim ignorance, and another to know, then do it anyways.

Seriously, if your packages aren't going through the 2 cities I mentioned above, you're not shipping FedEx overnight. (For some reason, I'm doubting you ship air ...) The only shipping methods I've ever seen stay in-state when I'm shipping stuff to a pal nearby is ground. And you shouldn't be sending animals that way.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
burm_daddy
ok well i have a question for u are u saying that when i ship my clutch of king snakes from vegas to my buddy in northern california they are going to go all the way to Memphis?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!