Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
Shiacolyte
Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles

((NOTE, this is my first post on fauna SADLY it had to be in this format and in this section.. that being said if there are any violations I will be more than happy to fix them after being addressed, also I am in NO WAY a professional breeder thus, I cannot say that I know everything including how to fix situations regarding problem feeders I know they exist.. and I know they suck, but its something you have to encounter/deal with in this hobby/profession))

On to the matter at hand...

In the middle of February (I would post MY screen shots of the text messages but I have since gotten rid of that phone).. my wife and I began to increase our snake collection in the process of working towards breeding projects. While searching through craigslist one day (have since became very wary of this website haha) we came upon a person selling a "2000+ gram normal female, for $150.00". After having just picked up a 1600 for $60.. thought this was a pretty good grab and went for it. Having been in contact with the seller for a week or two (I honestly don't remember how long it was) my wife and I made the decision to drive up to Flagstaff to pick up this female ball python. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very happy Samantha Walters who to us seemed to know what she was doing because she had some good ideas with heating the room the snakes were in instead of a direct heat (which to us was awesome, being in Phoenix its not hard to keep a room at a certain temperature, and cheaper) SO after a little bit of time and being partially rushed after a 2 hour drive we purchased the female for $160.00 because she didn't have change (no big deal, we got ourselves another girl for the collection). We drove all the way back home and put this new girl into a 41qt rubbermaid tub with aspen bedding at the time is what we were using, and into the quarantine room where she patiently waited for about a month, at which point we moved her into our racks because she showed 0 signs of health issues or mites (kudos for a clean snake IMO).. and then it began, this poor thing refused to eat. We began to seek advice from other breeders in Arizona asking for hints/tips/tricks to getting problem feeders to eat, we tried rats.. we tried mice.. we tried ASF's.. heck we even tried a gerbil (trick I heard works after having worked in a reptile shop) all this to NO avail. At this point I began to contact Ms. Walters and try to get more advice FROM the source figuring she would have a much more extensive experience with this exact snake. ((INCOMING LONG COPY AND PASTE))

(((CONTINUED AFTER ALL ATTACHMENTS)))
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
Shiacolyte
(((CONT)))
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #3
Shiacolyte
(((Welcome back)))

So after all of that, my question for Sam is since she can't seem to own up to anything, was this just a bum deal gone south? are you flipping snakes for a profession now? what's going on.. you repeatedly ask me what I've tried and I repeatedly tell you!

TO ALL THE FOLLOWERS OF THIS THREAD

we have had this girl for going on 5 months now, I DO NOT expect any sort of financial or monetary reimbursement, I do not give up on MY snakes that easily, I will keep this girl till the end.. HOWEVER what I am looking for is some sort of an explanation on the apparent flip done by Ms. Walters as well as some sort of public owning of what has happened. IF that doesn't seem too far fetched, opinions.. thoughts?

((Again, if I have violated any terms or rules please feel free to let me know so I can fix them asap.. I'm not trying to burn anyone at the stake, I would just like to see more people in this hobby take accountability for their actions, as I am not too fond of getting the preverbial shaft))

Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
Shiacolyte
((EDIT EDIT EDIT.. sorry it's not BAD GUY.. it should be BAD GAL?))

Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #5
Shiacolyte
What I really can't understand is all the time jumbling that is going on here, clearly she states in the second attachment that the longest this female has ever gone without eating is 5 months, now I'm going to assume that this isn't 5 months of being under Sams ownership, but then she goes on later to tell me that she only had this girl for 6 months and that she ate 3 times before we picked her up.. each 1 time 1 week, a small rat.. no matter the time, I've never heard of a BP gaining 1000 grams in a period of 6 months on small rats.. eating off and on and not regularly??

Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
A&S Reptiles
This is ridiculous. I'm getting a bad guy because I sold a problem feeder? Having her for 6 months is not flipping. I bought her and another normal that was a proven breeder from the breeder Dan Solis. Both ate fine in his care. Then the smaller normal (the one you bought) hadn't eaten. She gave me problems and being a college student I didn't have time for it. I wanted her to go to somehow who had the time and resources to get her to eat regularly. Flagstaff is a small town and it takes 10 minutes to drive from one end to the other. I don't have access to mice or asf. Hence selling her. I don't understand how I am getting a bad guy thread for selling a snake I didn't have the resources for. And no, Dan Solis will not be involved in this. But we bought them In August/September and the other girl is currently back on feed from her clutch a month ago.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 AM   #7
Shiacolyte
A "bad guy" for selling a problem feeder and not making it known to the buyer at the time, sadly I don't have the same phone that I had at that time or I would take screen shots and post them, however I can tell you that we (my wife and I) have no recollection of her being a problem feeder made aware to us.. I personally wouldn't have made the 4 hour drive and paid extra money on top of the selling price for another snake that I would have to pull my hair out with.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #8
A&S Reptiles
Funny because me and my boyfriend Aaron remember exactly telling you that she was a sketch feeder over text and in person. We were totally going to give you her feed card but sadly we forgot and Aaron was in a rush and he was late for work because he wanted to meet you two. Ask any person I have sold snakes to, I give them their feed cards. Even shipped one with a snake before. We just spaced out yours and I apologize. As I said we were in a rush getting Aaron to work on time. Over those 5 months I didn't considering her "feeding" because she had a rat here and there. That's not feeding in my opinion.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #9
ballchick90
I have been in this situation a couple of times, being sold a non-feeder or sporadic feeder and was not told so. The thing of it is, who WANTS to buy a non-feeder? Other than people that buy them to get them for a discount...you should have told him up front. And I agree there is no way she gained 1,000 grams on a few small rats in 6 months...you didn't tell the buyer everything he needed to know, straight up lied to him, and danced around him with a bunch of different explanations and dates...it's all very confusing. Doesn't seem like a very good seller to me.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
Shiacolyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
Then the smaller normal (the one you bought) hadn't eaten. She gave me problems and being a college student I didn't have time for it.
are you not trying to sell a butter female Sam?.. Another problem feeder that you take the time to shove food in her mouth? is the quality of one snake not as important as the quality of another snake when they come from YOUR name.. YOUR business.. YOUR reputation? I appreciate meeting your BF, he was/is a nice guy. However you say you made it aware, and as someone has already said most people dont usually buy problem feeders unless they are at discount, I would've remembered being told about a problem feeder.. all we were told is that she didn't miss meals and ate fine for you, why on gods green earth would anyone want to spend $160 on a normal female.. on top of a tank and a half to get to there and back?

BTW, does this apply to problem feeders? do you guarantee that they are going to continue to give problems to the new owner? or how's that work exactly? Just curious...

http://aandsreptiles.weebly.com/terms.html

Guarantees

We guarantee the health, sex, and eating habits of the snake. We also guarantee live arrival. If your snake is dead on arrival you must notify us within an hour of receiving the snake. The health guarantee is good for one week. After one week we are not reliable for any deaths. If the animal you received is sexed wrong we will pay to ship it back and either refund you or replace it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!