liberty's last stand - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
r.k.c.
liberty's last stand

The other day i googled the phase: commentary on exotic animal laws, when the results popped up i was both utterly astounded and angry. page after page was websites full of anti-exotic pets proponents. the usual criminals were listed,PETA,HUSUS,ASPCA etc. and several newspapers,politicians(both state and local) and one new ordinance after the other. my conclusion is that me and others like me, who support ones right to own an exotic animal are truly outnumbered like Crockett and Travis were at the Alamo! i am truly afraid that the outcome for all us herpers and keepers of other exotics will be the same. I know that we have allies like USARK and others, but the economic side of exotics is ALL that's keeping the Lacey act and other bans from being made law. and i truly believe that eventually even the economic side will not be able to hold the hordes off any longer. i don't mean to sound like a defeatist, I'm not, but i am a realist. i commend USARK for their fight for our right to keep herps and they have used the economic side to stave off anymore legislation,(for now) but to me it is not about economics it is about RIGHTS,PERIOD! remember, every new law is a freedom you do not have anymore. i do believe that someday things can change, but not until the people of this country have had enough with the animal rights idiots and of both political parties and their tyranny! southern patriots-"fighting terrorism since 1861"

Old 06-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
TryntK
As far as I can throw them....

I support our government in it's respect to keeping us safe and keeping order but there are moments when I want to slap the shit out of our policy and law makers. I wish, just for a second, that they would think of something other then themselves when making decisions and pull their heads out of their asses when reasonable information is presented to. This whole constrictor battle is enough to make my blood boil because I feel we have a factual and legitimate argument that simply trumps their own but, they refuse to admit it; being that they are the law makers, not us, it doesn't matter what we say because simply, it's not about what we can bring to the argument, it's about how the officials feel about it.

HSUS and PETA are absolute pieces of crap. I wish people would research them before getting involved with them. We have the USDA and the AWA, we do not need help from those goobers(HSUS/PETA.) I work at a veterinary hospital and whenever we get HSUS blankets donated to us, I take every single one, put them in kennels to get shit on and then throw each and everyone away. Other technicians even ask what am I doing and why, I simply reply, "do your research on HSUS and then tell me why not."

I will jump through any hurdle, law, permit, license, or mumbo-jumbo the government and local officials throw at me as long as I am allowed to keep my snakes. If, for some reason, I cannot keep my snakes, the second amendment will take it's place.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
r.k.c.
TryntK, well said my friend!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!