Instructions followed. Thumbnail not working. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
kookootegu
Instructions followed. Thumbnail not working.

I really didn't want to add to the abundance of 'Thumbnail not working' threads but seeing as how I followed the instructions posted in the Announcements and am still not having the image show up I really don't have any other choice but to ask if I'm uploading the attachment wrong or if it's just a fluke.

At first I thought it was because I also had photobucket images in the thread but seeing as how there are threads with attachments and photobucket images also, I assumed that wasn't the case.

If I am missing something pointed out in the announcements it would really help if someone singled it out for me because I honestly don't see what I am doing wrong and would appreciate the help. Sorry if this bothersome.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
hhmoore
I'm not sure that the thumbnail feature accepts .png files.
Try loading that one as a .jpg

Old 10-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
hhmoore
So much for that idea - I just loaded a test ad with a PNG file, and the thumbnail worked perfectly. Going back to your ad for another look.

I was right the first time...sort of. I copied your image, and ran a test ad with it as a .PNG file, and the thumbnail didn't work. I resaved it as a .JPG file, and the thumbnail did work. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the image itself; since I saved a photo as a .PNG file and it worked fine. Anyway - just redo it as a JPG, and you should be all set.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
kookootegu
That's odd but not unheard of to me. Some sort are just weird about certain image file types. Thank you very much for the help!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!