Worst Craigslist ad ever.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Lucille
Worst Craigslist ad ever....

I was looking at CL and saw this, it made me sick to think that there is such duplicity and evil:

Pet removal services offered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-893517317@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-25, 6:21PM CDT

We will come to your home to pick up your pet and leave your wife and children thinking it is going to a loving home. We will present ourselves as upscale pet lovers to make your family feel at ease. Your pet will be humanly put down using our state of the art CO2 gas chamber.
The charge for this service is only $99.
Travel charge outside the loop only 50 cents extra per mile
No size limit on animal, we take them all HOME

Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
KelliH
Oh my gosh, that is awful. :-(

Old 10-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Wolfy-hound
Scary thought.. do you really think they'll just put them down? That would mean they had to do something with the bodies..
What kind of horrible things could those pets go through? How horrible.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
akaangela
That is down right sick. I also wonder what they do with the bodies. I doubt they would get much biz. I can't belive how many "I must find new home ASAP" with a 100 "rehoming fee"

Old 10-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
xanaxez
i would send the ad to your local authorities and your local spca. regardless not wanting a pet these people cannot just put down unwanted animals. it is against the law and is animal cruelty. i would contact local authorities and let them contact these people so they can come out then arrest them.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Shadera
That. Is disgusting. I hate this throwaway society we live in.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
AmandaTolleson
That makes me sick to no end. Ugh.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #8
Nirvana
I think that's probably a "joke" ... A pretty sick, disgusting joke, but a joke nonetheless. (Could be intended as a commentary on aforementioned throwaway society...)

Craigslist, at least the one in our area, is pretty heavily policed by animal rights-type folks that flag *everything* (not just pet "sales") -- my guess is that that add was written to try and fire them up.

Are there 400+ angry replies? If so, the guy has accomplished his goal ...

Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Wolfy-hound
Unfortunately it's also indicative of people HAVING to get rid of pets, because the economy is making it too expensive to pay the bills and feed Fido. Of course, the person should at LEAST take the pet to the humane society rather than handing them to a unknown person. Even if they ARE put down at the humane society, it's better than whatever that person has in mind.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
Lucille
I'm thinking that there is a Houston Craigslist troll because there have been a series of really awful ads. Here's one from today:

houston craigslist > pets

donate your dog to science!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-903153242@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-02, 3:59PM CST

Animal testing saves lives!

If you donate your dog this month we will put your name in on a drawing for a $1000 shopping spree at Walmart just in time for Christmas.

Respond for full details

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!