Call To All members here.... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #51
gnkreptiles
hope i wasnt to late

I posted on the site and voted to oppose, i really hope we win...

Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #52
Ken Foose
Well, the bill passed the committee with an amendment to include boas and anacondas. There's still time to fight, but it's getting to look pretty bleak right about now. The Senate and the House still have to have a conference committee meeting to bring the two bills together. The two bills are very different from each other, and our best hope now is that in the compromise the final bill ends up looking more like the House version. Of course we still have the Senate and House floors where debate could go in our favor. This is when it will be very, very important for each and every one of us to contact our Representatives and Senators for our homes to speak for us on the floor of the Congress.
To pet stores: contact all of your customers. They are the ones that will be directly effected. To pet store customers, tell your pet stores that you shop at to contact all their customers and tell them to act when the time comes. All herp societies please contact and get your members active. If we don't all band together now it will be too late. Forget about the voting sites on these silly blogs, they mean nothing. Congress doesn't read them, so stop wasting time. Write your congressmen. In your own words. No form letters. Be original. Call your congressmen when the time comes. USARK will inform you of the best time to do this. Email your congressmen. Fax them. We have to bury them all with our objections. It's the only way they will listen to us. We are outmanned and outnumbered about 1,000 to 1. This might be our Alamo if we don't get up and fight now.

In the meantime, I'm getting my breeding groups of pythons and boas together.............just in case. I'll at least be assured that I have boas and pythons to sell within my state. If this ban becomes actual law, I predict that internet sales will be somewhat lacking.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #53
allreptiles1966
i oppose it!but has anyone seen that stats on the caught ones in fl. due to people not being responsible owners and dumping them in the glades?
i have a cousin that works there and they have caught alot of big released pythons and boas.
sorry if i offended, but releasing them into the wild is a big problem in the warm states!
there needs to be some kind of law to stop this!
permits or something.
yes,i have 10 adult boas and would not like them taken away because of some idiot that throws them in the woods.
pepole take them and just dump them when they are either too big or dont want anymore!
we as breeders are the cause of the over population of snakes.again,sorry but its the truth.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #54
Ken Foose
Rich, first of all, thanks for buying into all the propaganda that our enemies are spewing. The pythons in the Everglades have little or nothing to do with people letting them go. 99% of the feral snakes in the Glades came from the flattened wholesalers caused by Hurricane Andrew. Second, the pythons that are loose in the Glades have nothing to do with the bill now evolving in Congress. Third, voting on the blog won't do anyone any good. You need to voice your objection to Congress, not some sight on the internet. You can read my last post to get an idea of what needs to be done. Fourth, if the bill passes as it looks right now, it will not make your snakes illegal on a federal basis, and as long as your local law doesn't change, you can keep them forever and ever......unless you move to another state. If that happens, you can't take them with you. This bill if passed in its present form will effect
Pet stores that don't breed their own pythons and boas
Private people that want to purchase over the internet
Reptile shows that depend on out of state python and boa vendors
Reptile breeders that depend on interstate sales of pythons and boas
People that own pythons and boas that plan on moving from one state to another.
People who sell large cages for snakes
Manufacturers of large snake Manufacturers and supplies
and the list can go on and on.
Time's up. Time to act.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #55
T-rex
I can't find anywhere that says it has passed the committee.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
T-rex
I would like to know where Ken Foose got this info.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #57
Goombas Reptiles
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just read that the Humane Society is actually pushing for this ban to go through to the fullest? Are they serious? Is this some kind of ploy to eradicate their "competition" and drum up business at the shelters or make people who want pets limited to cats and dogs??? I'm totally confused. I do know that whatever the case may be, we need to boycott them if they choose to support this bill. This is wrong and they know it.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #58
Ken Foose
S373 limited to the 9 only. Still completely unacceptable! Will post language of ammendment tonight.
26 minutes ago from txt PR: Python Ban Moves Forward Despite Questionable Science - http://usark.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
about 5 hours ago from web S373 amended to include 9 constrictor snakes. Amendment passed. S373 passes out of committee. Inhofe votes no. Wants to address on floor ...
about 6 hours ago from txt Sen Inhofe wants changes re property rights
about 6 hours ago from txt 10 members r now present for mark up
about 6 hours ago from txt Boxer says not enuf members to do mark up today. They are trying to round up another member
about 6 hours ago from txt Senator Bond makes fun of climate study. Not worried about burm expansion.
about 6 hours ago from txt Senator Cardin pushing HSUS talking points. Wants to amend the bill to the 9
about 6 hours ago from txt Senator Inhofe calls for changes to S373
about 6 hours ago from txt S373 Senate EPW Committee Hearing has begun.
about 6 hours ago from txt

Now it appears that what I have read has been corrected. It looks like it only covers 9 snakes. I'm not sure which 9 snakes that is, but it appears that the smaller pythons such as balls and children's and such might be off the hook. You should really go join USARK to stay updated.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #59
eagles20jon
I am totally against this ban on pythons the market is way to big to just end it. Plus for all the breeders that do this as a job they are all out of business which is crap so i hope it doesn't happen

Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #60
Ken Foose
To eliminate confusion, I posted the above from the USARk twitter thing. Read it from bottom to top. You can do this also. Go here >>> news@usark.org As for the USHS, aka the Humane Sociaty, they are the ones responsible for almost all of this. They want to make us stop keeping reptiles, all reptiles. They are using this case to take away our boas and pythons. They will never stop. Not until there are no more pets at all, period. USHS = PETA. They are two different groups with the very same agenda. Do not support USHS or PETA, ever. More info can be found here:
http://www.rexano.org/. This is a great site with tons of information about how Animals rights people are against us and what they are doing and planning on doing. Keep informed. We need to fight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!