animal planet - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #61
gsrept
one more thing about reptile nation as the usark logo says, United we stand

Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #62
Fireside3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptileman81 View Post
So didnt your last message say that you know someone that found 6 in one day. Is it 6 or 7??? I think you are talking out of the brown eye man. So you talk to some people on the phone and know some people. Big deal. I know lots of people and talk on the phone all day. Does that mean I know everything that is going on in every city of every state of this nation??? Hell no I dont!!! I think all you know is the propaganda you are reading and watching and that is it.
I expect nothing less than more lack of due diligence from you in quoting facts or statements. Show me the post where I said six before? Could be the reason you didn't "quote" me on that was because it doesn't exist...

Who is pulling stuff from their ass again?

Oh, I guess now in your logic one must know what is happening in EVERY state and EVERY city before it's an acknowledged problem ANYWHERE!

Your responses I really am finding humorous and grabasstic.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #63
StrictlyExotics
Mick, Mike, whatever... You sure are arrogant arent you. Are you so arrogant that you are "above" reading through the TOS of this site and posting your full name? Just curious so I know who I am bowing too

Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #64
Fireside3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Secondly, YOU point out that WE are all at fault here, well, everyone but you.
Hmmm...show me the post where I named any of you are said you were personally responsible for an invasive species issue? I said irresponsible ownership and importation was.

Your opinion and attitude does serve to discredit the hobby though, because you are serial deniers and playing hypersensitive politics, and it shows that a majority in the hobby can't adopt a responsible opinion on the matter to correct it.

That's why you will only continue to loose ground in the future...More and more laws will be passed because just as you prove here...you refuse to address anything honestly if it impacts your wallet...

Quote:
Thirdly, just because the general populatin of reptile keepers do not believe in all the "hype" of what our govt tells us, doesnt make us naive.
No...you are naive I can see for many reasons.

Quote:
You come here and single out my post citing propaganda when, in the very definition of the word, is a factual statement no matter how you wish to twist it.
Just one example of how you are naive.

You assume that an episode on animal planet is a conspiracy which animal planet is complicit in with the government. I thought I had seen some kooks, but that is an extreme reach.

You make no allowance for the fact that if some academic researcher states numbers you don't agree with, that perhaps animal planet decided to use data from the academic herpetologist's work instead of consulting you about it. Maybe they felt the researcher was a better source than you?

Even if the data is not accurate...you assume that

#1 it's intentional and a lie on both the researchers part AND animal planet...
#2 that animal planet is part of a government conspiracy to take away your business and hobby...

My question for you is...are you also a 9-11 "Truther" nut?

You discredit yourself intellectually because you claim "propaganda" about something you don't know to be an intentional lie, first of all.

Secondly, I don't think you have the facts to claim that you know the data to be in error either.

Quote:
You act like we DONT think that there are problems in the industry...
No, based on your posts, I don't see a lot of acceptance of the problem. Not in this case, nor with the one with USGE. It's all made up conspiracy to you.

Quote:
Ive owned reptiles for over 20 yrs now and even had an interest them for 30. I dont sell much and I even offer a buy back program so people like you dont end up with my animals.
Yes, because someone like me who would actually put the animals needs and qualifications of the keeper first...and do an adoption rather than sell to who had the money first....that would be bad right?

Quote:
I didnt want anyhting to do with the animals in the raid. I would have declined had someone even asked.
And I've heard that opinion from several hobbyists who would not have been approved to get the animals in the first place...so if you don't want them, why do you bitch that nobody you know got any?

Quote:
I would prefer to keep myself out of the back pocket of the HSUS, PETA, as well as the ASPCA.
I'm not in their back pocket and the way I handle my process is much different from theirs. I've voiced my criticisms about how they were handling the herps to the point they threatened to yank me off the project...so bite me.

Quote:
I dont think anyone here in this thread has said that they wanted those animals as well. Dont even know how that was brought up and for what purpose.
If you couldn't see the relevance to the topic about the problems in the industry/hobby...then buddy, I don't know what to tell you except your hopelesly lost when it comes to honest or lucid discussion.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #65
Fireside3
Quote:
Mick, Mike, whatever... You sure are arrogant arent you. Are you so arrogant that you are "above" reading through the TOS of this site and posting your full name? Just curious so I know who I am bowing too

Of course you would claim I am arrogant for my opinion wouldn't you?

Hmm, lets see. This isn't BOI...and I don't spend most of my free time here as many of you do...so tell me has there been another rule change which requires me to post a full name in this forum?...and if so...I WONDER DID YOU CALL OUT ANYONE ELSE WHO POSTED IN THE PREVIOUS SIX PAGES WHO DIDN'T SO SO EITHER!?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #66
Fireside3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Fireside3 - I think you should read this very good article written by Dave and Tracy Barker over at VPI. The python problem in Florida is not due to irresponsible pet owners releasing animals into the wild, but a natural disaster, a hurricane. There is not one recorded case of someone being caught releasing snakes into the wild in Florida. Know why? Because people spent money on the animals and are far too greedy not to try to sell them when they get tired of them.

http://www.vpi.com/sites/vpi.com/fil...compressed.pdf
Yes, I know...nobody ever releases a Burmese or Iguana when they get tired of it do they?...People who think they will be "greedy" and sell certain things quickly find out they aren't worth much, or that they can't give them away. Your opinion shows a lack of experience in this area, or you would know better.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #67
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside3 View Post
Of course you would claim I am arrogant for my opinion wouldn't you?

Hmm, lets see. This isn't BOI...and I don't spend most of my free time here as many of you do...so tell me has there been another rule change which requires me to post a full name in this forum?...and if so...I WONDER DID YOU CALL OUT ANYONE ELSE WHO POSTED IN THE PREVIOUS SIX PAGES WHO DIDN'T SO SO EITHER!?
Mick, let me go ahead and point out to you since you are so very observant that EVERYONE's full name is in their sidebar, unlike you

Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #68
Fireside3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
hey mick do not talk about what you do not know first of all i am a lisensed rehabber in the state of nh i am also a master falconer and a reptile lover the only one i see on the defense and getting heated here is you. what do you rehab stray cats and dogs most of my rehab experience deals with raccoons,fox, deer,grey and red squirels as well as nonnative exotics, my raptors are redtails which infact were released last season back into the wild with telemetry to track and be able to study the population in the state. so i do not know what you do in Texass but stop blaming the reptile hobbyists for the problem in florida, i am not saying there are a few bad apples that would release into the wild. but what about your other problems down there like overrun with chickens, stray dogs , cats these are not native species lets ban all the dog and cat breeds in fl. or is that going to far because there a pet. they also make inpacts on the enviroment lets ban oil drilling o yea obama just gave a open season on oil drilling that is more of a enviromental problem. any who good luck with your rehabilitation of dogs and cats.
Great. You say your a rehabber. Wonderful. I'm wonder if you make excuses to not release small mammals so you can train your raptors in your hobby instead? I'm sure I deal with more wildlife diversity down here than you do in NH. Just try to use some proper punctuation in one post will you? You don't even have the respect for yourself to capitalize first person personal pronouns....geez

Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #69
WingedWolf
Animal Planet needs to be boycotted because its programming has gone down the toilet, period. Hopefully, loss of viewers will teach them that they've lost touch with their target audience.
Nat Geo Wild fills the void nicely.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #70
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside3 View Post
Yes, I know...nobody ever releases a Burmese or Iguana when they get tired of it do they?...People who think they will be "greedy" and sell certain things quickly find out they aren't worth much, or that they can't give them away. Your opinion shows a lack of experience in this area, or you would know better.
Show me the proof that someone has released an animal, will you? So you're telling me that Dave and Tracy Barker don't know what they're talking about? Please. Give it up already. I think where the animals come in should be moved to a different location, i.e. somewhere cold where if something does happen to escape, it won't thrive. But you'd be silly to argue with EXPERTS like Dave and Tracy Barker about where the animals came from. The only people at fault here are the ones who are spreading false information, which would be Animal Planet and the media.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!