Bad Guy Urban Albino guarantee/worthless - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #81
Fangthane
I don't know of any reason why the fact that it was a deli cup should come into play, but I personally think that the sizing of said cup had to have played some part in it. The only reason I can come up with that someone would use something that small is that it allows for a smaller box to be used, hence lower shipping price, which amounts to greater profit. I hope that this all wasn't brought about over someone saving $10, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the first time.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #82
chadharper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I don't know of any reason why the fact that it was a deli cup should come into play, but I personally think that the sizing of said cup had to have played some part in it. The only reason I can come up with that someone would use something that small is that it allows for a smaller box to be used, hence lower shipping price, which amounts to greater profit. I hope that this all wasn't brought about over someone saving $10, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the first time.

Which is why the seller would have covered the amount he paid for shipping.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #83
PoohMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
IMO deli cups are ok if they are large enough but they should have some paper towels inside to absorb any mess. I'm not expert but I would say the small size of that deli cup could have contributed to its death. I noticed the seller said he put a heat pack in, I'm wondering if it was the correct type or if a heat pack was needed since most of the US has been experiencing way above arverage temps. I also think shipping a snake that you recently feed and feel could regurgitate is bad practice. All this combined could have easily done the snake in.
I've shipped out hundreds of ball pythons in 2011 and current with no issues. I use ReptiZorb 4.5 (black or white absorb discs) on the bottom instead of a paper towel. I normally do not ship out when a ball python has just ate but he wanted him shipped the next day. That is my fault and I should have insisted on waiting a few more days for the pied to digest his meal. That is not a normal practice for me but some customer want their snake shipped out right away next day. I know from this point forward I won't do that and Its a Hard Lesson I've learned. Superior is were I get all my shipping reptile supplies. 30 hr heat paks

I've been breeding for a long time now but you always learn something new and I'm going to continue to use deli cups because they work great for me but any hatchlings above 200grams I'll use snake bags or a bigger deli cup.

Thanks for the feedback

Michael Castillo

Old 03-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #84
PoohMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharper View Post
The deli cup or the size of the box had nothing to do with getting more profit. I promise you. I don't use the smaller version 7x7x6 boxes I only buy the 8x8x7 and the 12x9x6. Should I have used a bigger cup - maybe- I use that same size on a regular bases but in my last post I going to start to use a bigger deli cup or snake bag for any hatchlings that are over 200 grams. If you factor in the cost of the box, heat pak/cool pak, packing tape, packing paper, deli cup 9 times out of 10 the shipping is way more then the 50.00 I charge a flat rate of. Don't forget the 3% paypal. There is no profit is shipping.

This is my 1st DOA a very long time can't even remember when.

Hard Lesson Learned.

Michael Castillo

Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #85
PoohMac
Quote:
Yes, sent the refund request with shipping being refunded also. Full Refund.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #86
chadharper
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohMac View Post
Yes, sent the refund request with shipping being refunded also. Full Refund.
I dont mean to sound like im bashing you. just wondered why you covered the price of shipping in the first place. I did side with you in a previous reply so please dont think I'm bashing you. I would certainly purchase from you in the future based on the fact you admitted the mistake and took care of it.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #87
PoohMac
Quote:
I dont mean to sound like im bashing you. just wondered why you covered the price of shipping in the first place. I did side with you in a previous reply so please dont think I'm bashing you. I would certainly purchase from you in the future based on the fact you admitted the mistake and took care of it.
No worries, Its all good.

Michael Castillo

Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #88
Show Me
It's nice that your answering everyone's questions and have a great attitude even under pressure. For what it's worth I don't feel your a bad guy..you just rushed your order and made some mistakes and since your now taking care of the situation in the right way I feel this will not negatively effect your reputation.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #89
Focal
I think the deli cup is fine and in some situations, safer than a bag. Some of my balls stay in hides smaller than that deli cup for days.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #90
canzoman
Just wanted to add that I purchased a female pied from Michael Castillo and had no issue with the deli cup I received it in. It was big enough for the baby. Glad to see that he refunded because he could not find a picture. I can see other sellers not going that far and push back more on the buyer. Good job all around guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!