WANTED: any unwanted Boas or other Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
fruitychick
Lightbulb WANTED: any unwanted Boas or other Reptiles

Spiral Tail Ranch is a non-profit organization that rescues all reptiles.

We have a reptile vet that is always availible to treat any ailments. When the reptiles are ready, we help find them new homes.

We are well knowleged in the needs of many species, and we always have proper caging, lighting, and food availible to accept any reptiles. Please look at our website http://www.geocities.com/spiraltailranch

We always accept any reptiles, reptile products, or even donations. If you do donate, we send you a picture of the reptile, that you helped save and keep you updated on their progress.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Emily or Anthony at spiraltailranch@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time!
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
Lucille
O meetoo, donate your boas to me and your reptiles and stuff, that way I don't hafta save up from my paycheck to get them. But they got to be nice boas.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
Sybella
LOL!!

Old 05-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
Stacey
rescue??

Maybe it just me, don't get me wrong but if i was the one running a rescue sight wouldn't it be better to offer your animals up for adoption and not For Sale. I'm not saying it is wrong but just odd. Heck i'll rescue all the animals that need recuing too!

Old 05-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #5
fruitychick
Angry To all of you

You know, I didn't post that to get ridiculed. There are many people who have reptiles and don't take care of them.

We don't do this just to get "free stuff." We do this to help mistrated and unwanted animals. So if you are in it just to get free stuff, and make money off of it, or poke fun at us for trying to care, than we are not interested in hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Emily Farren
spiraltailranch@yahoo.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-17-2004, 05:02 PM   #6
fruitychick
Thumbs down Stacy...

Stacy?

What is that supposed to mean? I in no way said anything about sale. We don't care what type of reptiles they are either. They can be injured, deformed, so what. thus the word RESCUE. If you don't understand yet, than you can contact me personally and I will explain it to you further.

Emily Farren
spiraltailranch@yahoo.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM   #7
KodiakWood
Question

Emily Dont get upset but your new to this site and I think what Stacey ment was we've seen people offering to rescue animals and then turn around and sell them at least thats what I remember happening JMHO Billy

Old 05-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #8
JungleHabitats
just FYI since you are new to the site

There is a adoptions forum for the solicitations ....

the point the others have made is many poeple come here and say they are "rescuers" to only weeks later post those animals for sale at market values , while i understand the need for people to run a rescue operation if you notice most operations such as this only aske for adoption fees NOT the total costs they have to rehab the animals what im saying most as a flat fee of $ amount of money no matter what the animal was brought in with . to nurse a animal to health and then want market value is one thing .that why the " donations go for to rehab the animals .not so people can house them to resale them for market value .

Old 05-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #9
Sybella
Uh...that wont work. She can't post this in the adoptions section. The adoptions section is for advertising animals in need of homes, not for solicitation purposes.

Emily...I've been a member here a long time now and I've seen that 9 times out of 10, people advertising that they'll take in rescues are just looking for free animals. I'm sorry your offer here wasn't taken in the best of spirits but once you've been here a while, you'll understand. Therefore, whenever someone advertises, people assume the worst. If you're genuine, I'll be the first to apologize.

I take in rescues too but I don't advertise online. If someone has a problem and I know I can help, I'll offer but that's it. I feel that the needs of my local area need to be covered first. There are no official reptile rescues here. I am the reptile contact person for our local shelter, they call me when anything comes in and I pick it up that day. I keep rescues for several months and then I adopt them out, only charging shipping and a shelter donation. It's a loss-loss situation for me, as I make nothing back for what I do, but I do it for the love of the animals. I have my hands full on a regular basis and just the thought of openning myself up to animals from all over the US, due to internet advertisements like yours, makes my head spin!! Are you sure that is what you want to do?? I'm pretty sure it's not too late to delete your posts! LOL!!

Old 05-17-2004, 05:57 PM   #10
ms_terese
Quote:
Spiral Tail Ranch is a non-profit organization that rescues all reptiles.
Emily, a rescue is an honorable thing to do. However, please verify that you possess a 501(c) certificate before stating that you're a non-profit organization. I wasn't able to verify that through your website.

Alan, just a correction: The Adoptions forum is NOT for soliciting animals for adoption, it is only for listing those that are for adoption.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread