Their @ it again.. buyer beware. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 AM   #21
sschind
Hey Ritchie, read the last sentance, I already said that

On another Topic. Seems some poor rich oil feller keeled over in France or somewhere. I feel sorry for the executrix of his will. She has tried for years to find any living relatives but has had no luck and so she chose me out of the billions of people in the world to split the money with. I was so overjoyed that I accidently deleted her email before I could respond with all of the information she wanted. I haven't been so upset with myself since I accidently shredded that 10 million dollar check from Ed McMahon.

Steve Schindler

Old 07-06-2004, 07:26 AM   #22
Steph Scranton
I have gotten those e-mails before. Somebody with the same last name as mine, died in _______ (pick a country), they can't find a living relative...yadda yadda.

One of these times, I might have to e-mail them back. I could use the ten million dollars

Old 08-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #23
Robert Baker
Scammer- be aware - Robin Water

Here is an example of what I recently got on email along with my friend. Also, the scammer sent us both checks from 1st Community Bank out of Texas - made out for $3500 a piece. Both had the same check numbers. I turned my information in to the fraud department at my bank. Let's catch these guys.

By the way he called and left a message on my cell phone recently - he has a heavy accent and defiantly does not sound smart.

Enjoy.......

" I suppoe you should have received payment by now, but i have not heard from you lately since i asked what the animal has been feeding on. i have been on a conference, I truely appreciate your effort and patience towards this transaction. Payment has been made and i guess you should have received it by now, Please i dont want this to come as a surprise as the amount on the check is different from the amount you asked for the animal, reasons are that my daughter mailed me while in the conference that she needs some money to settle her academic needs. That was why the payment was made to you with the trust i had in you right from the start of this transaction.
As soon as you receive the check i will like you to go ahead and cash the funds likely from a check cashing point, deduct your own part of the funds and send the balance to my daughter in the UK, she needs it to settle some of her academic needs.I suppose it would be cheaper for me if you send the animal to my contact in America though i have a shipper in Canada and that would be after you have have deducted your part of the funds and on receival of the check. I will forward my contacts information to you as soon as you have cashed the check. Help keep everything intact so that nothing will go wrong anywhere, do send the funds via western union money transfer or money gram to my daughter's guardian in the UK, as soon as you lay your hands on it. Here is my daughter's guardian information he provided me :
NAME : Antony Williams
ADDRESS :40 Charlecote Road
CITY: Essex,
ZIP CODE: Rm8 3LD
PHONE NUMBER: +447960147849

EMAIL ADDRESS georgewilliams2009@yahoo.co.uk
I would also implore you send the following information to my mail box as soon as
you send the funds to him ok?
SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS
TEST QUESTION (WHAT YEAR)
TEST ANSWER (2004)
MTCN NUMBER AND
AMOUNT SENT AFTER WESTERN UNION CHARGES.

I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR SOONEST RESPONSE WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION. I AM ALSO AWARE OF THE WESTERN UNION CHARGES THAT SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM MY FUNDS AND NOT YOURS. LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE FAVOURABLE TRANSACTIONS.

Regards
Robin."

This is also what my friend got on email from the same guy the same day.

"Thank you for notifying me on receival of the check, the payment was from me, i really appreciate your patience and trusthworthiness towards this transaction i will like you to go ahead and cash the funds likely from a check cashing point, deduct your own part of the funds and send the balance to my daughter in the UK, she needs it to settle some of her academic needs.I suppose it would be cheaper for me if you send the animal to my contact in America that would be after you have have deducted your part of the funds. I will forward his contact information to you as soon as you have cashed the check. Help keep everything intact so that nothing will go wrong anywhere, do send the funds via western union money transfer or money gram to my daughter's guardian in the UK, as soon as you lay your hands on it. Here is my daughter's guardian information he provided me :

NAME : Antony Williams

ADDRESS :40 Charlecote Road
CITY: Essex,
ZIP CODE: Rm8 3LD
PHONE NUMBER: +447960147849

EMAIL ADDRESS georgewilliams2009@yahoo.co.uk

I would also implore you send the following information to my mail box as soon as
you send the funds to him ok?

SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS
TEST QUESTION (WHAT YEAR)
TEST ANSWER (2004)
AMOUNT SENT AFTER WESTERN UNION CHARGES.

I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR SOONEST RESPONSE WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION. I AM ALSO AWARE OF THE WESTERN UNION CHARGES THAT SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM MY FUNDS AND NOT YOURS.LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE FAVOURABLE TRANSACTIONS.

Regards
Robin. "

Old 08-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #24
Hawkeyeherps
These guys are fun

I've been playing with one of these guys (Andy Rolland) for a few weeks now. His poor wife is in the hospital so I told him I would forward the whole check to him, wthout cashing it, and not take out any money. THAT freaked him out. After the $7000 check came I told him I would hold it until the shipper comes for the snakes. He demanded that I send the money immediately and said he had a bad feeling from the start that I would try to STEAL HIS MONEY!!! LOL!!! I think I scared him away. Darn, I wasn't done wasting his time yet. That check is going to look good on my wall

Old 08-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #25
The Reptile House
Got one today for my dragon

Dear Sir/Ma,
I am a Veterinary Doctor From Africa
with clients all over West African countries and UK
cities, we also run many zoo in some African cities
and London towns. I have Clinics in most west African
and UK Cities. I can assure you that your pet is not
going for experiment or going to end up in Lab.
testing. I have a client who's interested in your
lovely pet and also willing to pay me anything i
charged to bring it to his lovely home, he's a pet
lover and we pay him visit every week for treatment to
all his pets. I will need to know some certain things
that gets the pet anoyed and things that gets it
aggressive.
Although I'm ok with your price and Inrespect of
payment i have a client in the USA who he has agreed
to procure a check or postal money order for ($9,500
US) which he's oweing me to you. All i need to do to
make payment easier and faster is to instruct him to
procure a cashier's check or Postal Money Order and
mail it to you on the address and name you want on the
check or Postal money order. But i would want to know
if i can trust you to send the remainder of the funds
to my shipper via Moneygram or Western union Money
Transfer, as soon as the check or postal money order
get cashed so that my shipper will make arrangement
for the pick up at your location. I will like you to
mail me asap to enable me arrange payment.
Furnish me with the name you want on the check or
postal money order, your home address as in
zipcode,city,etc and your contact phone number, so I
can forward it to my client who will purchase the
check or postal money order for the payment.
If you have any question or enquiry to make about
this.
You can reach me on phone number +234 803 3682168
Thank you
Dr. T Brown

What are these people really thinking?

Shanell Sepulveda

Old 09-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #26
ShannanD25
The latest in Nigerian scams

I have received two scams this week....Here are the responses I sent along with their email. Just a heads up.
This guys email was animalcare@linuxmail.org
The second ones email was smith_george@outgun.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response-

Oh gee, another reptile dealer from Nigeria. Why don't I just give you my bank account info to make it easier for you to steal from me?
I'm posting this message and your email on my web site and other reptile sites as a scam.
Get a real job
----- Original Message -----
To: scdo2@msn.com
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 8:14 AM
Subject: Live Animal/price list

Good Morning to you.

Let me give a brief introduction of myself. I am from Animals Care Nigeria Limited. and I've got your email address from your homepage. We would like to know more about your company. Please kindly give a detailed introduction on your company.

Regarding our company, we would like to introduce to you that we are exporter and wholesaler in all kinds of Cites and Non Cites Reptiles, Mammals, Amphibians, Tropical fish in Nigeria. Our location is at 20 James Avenue, Alexandra way Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria. 234-8028498218.

As for detailed descriptions, we have got over ten years of experiences on exporting Reptiles fishes and other to many types of countries. We have packed reptiles fishes and sending it to other countries. These includes: Arowana, Cichlids; Guppies; Platy; Swordtail; Tetra; Catfish; Puffer; Crab; Shrimp and more. It includes a lot of variety of fishes. We also export marine fish and aquatic plants.

We are trying to expand out business network and building up relationships with your company. With that, I believe that you could get many healthy Animals and fishes from us. Our price list of reptiles and mammals is attached.

We are sincerely looking forward to your valuable orders and reply.

Yours Faithfully,

Smart ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd scam
My response-

Let me guess, you are located in Nigeria?
Why don't I just give you all my bank account numbers now to make it easier for you to steal from me?
I'll be posting your email address and this email on my web site as a scam and also on other reptile chat sites. Get a real job.
To: scdo2@msn.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 3:12 PM
Subject: Price List

Dear Shannan,

Here is our full price list.

Waiting for your urgent responds.

George smith.

Tel: 234-14331818.
Cell: 234-8028498218

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:15:59 -0400
To: smith_george@outgun.com
Subject: RE: LIVE....ANIMAL

> Yes you can send me your price list.
>
>
>
>
> >From: "smith george" <smith_george@outgun.com>
> >To: scdo2@msn.com
> >CC: dfiedler@houston.rr.com, info@herpbreedingresearch.com
> >Subject: LIVE....ANIMAL
> >Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:30:10 +0800
> >
> >hello,
> >
> >WE ARE GIANT DEALER OF LIVE BIRDS, Cite and non Cites REPILES, Mammals,
> >Aphibians, Aquarium FISH FORM WAST AFRICA. WE ASSURE YOU THE TIMELY SUPPLY
> >AND HOPING TO RECEIVE YOUR ORDER VERY SOON. TERMS AND CONDITIONS / SHIPPING
> >AND GUARANTEE POLICIES Can we send you our price list.
> >THANKS IN ADVANCE.
> >Regards,
> >george..........
> >

Old 09-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #27
bcfos
Shannon thanks for posting that post with the telephone numbers on it. I am now going to have some fun of my own with this character if the numbers actually do work.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #28
jnsdragons
Hey tried getting me 5 minutes ago

These dummies tried getting me too. I will paste their emails as well as what I sent them.

From: "allen dave" <god_time2004@racemail.com> Add to Address Book
To: "Jimmy Swearengen" <jnsdragons@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:44:14 +0800
Subject: Re:_custom cages for a great price

Hello
thanks for the mail and for your quick responce i will like youto know that i am located in west africa moreso i will like you to tellme the kind of cage you have and the size of it so i want you to get back to me so that i can arrange the payment asap,
thanks

--
~MY Email to Him~
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Jimmy Swearengen" <jnsdragons@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re:_custom cages for a great price
To: "allen dave" <god_time2004@racemail.com>

It is a wood cage 4ft x 2ft x 2ft. The price is $75.00 for the cage but it will most likely cost an arm and leg for shipping. Let me get your info and I will get an exact shipping price. Thank you.

There are more in the next thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:06 PM   #29
jnsdragons
more

From: "allen dave" <god_time2004@racemail.com> Add to Address Book
To: "Jimmy Swearengen" <jnsdragons@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:12:02 +0800
Subject: Payment and shipping details......

Hello ,
Thanks for the mail,i am o.k with your price.In respect of payment i have a client in the U.S who is owing me and he has agreed to issue a cheque of 3,500 .All i need to do to make payment easier and faster is to instruct him to procure a certified cheque and mail it to you on the address and name you want on the cheque. But i want to know if i can count on you to send my balance to my shipping company via Western Union Money Transfer as soon as you receive the check,so that they can start to process the SHIPPING DOCUMENTS, .so Mail me asap to enable me arrange payment.I will like you to get back to me, so I can forward your infomation to my client who will issue the cheque for the
payment. Thanks and God bless,
Regards.
PS... MORESO I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM LOCATED IN THEN UK SO I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS IN WHICH YOU WILL USED IN RECEVING THE CASHIER CHECK AND PHONE NUMBER IN OTHER FOR ME TO CALL YOU ASAP, HOPE DOING BUSNESS WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE......

Me

NO U will not get the cage and NO I WILL NOT BUILD and SEND you a CAGE. You have tried to pull this one on me before as well as a ton of other people. I would like to see you defend yourself, but I know a LOWLIFE like you will never do that. SO take your Cashiers Check and SHove it!!!!!!!!! Have a great day

Oh and another thing first you say your in Africa and now your loacted in the UK. Man you don't even know where you live you are soooooooooo sad.!!!!!

To the webmasters here I am sorry if I have done this wrong as it is my first time copying and pasting.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:07 PM   #30
ShannanD25
What was the guys email address?
Sometimes I get bored and like to send nasty grams to mean people....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!