Bad Feedback - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:10 AM   #21
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Any chance she shipped off to FaceBook and suddenly remembered that negative karma that just NEEDS to be addressed here right now?

Now where did I put that gallon jug of troll-b-gone? No relation to this thread, of course, just a random thought I just had.
I've actually no clue. I don't have anyone from the forum on my FB, nor am I a member of any other um... Wannabe facebook groups. (I'm slightly out of the loop on that, thank goodness!)

I betcha you put it in the garage...or next to your haterade. HAHA!

Old 10-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #22
Helenthereef
I believe a stone best unturned was just dig up and dropped on the OP's foot with something of a clunk...

Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #23
Helenthereef
(*dug up)

Old 10-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #24
Dennis Hultman
Barbara, I have some answers for you just give me a minute.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #25
liltemptress7
Relax.....I'm just sayin the bad karma on my page was given by people that didn't fully understand what was goin on.

Whether or not u agree with what I had to say is irrelevant. I told people what I knew of the 2 people in question saying they were "good guys". The reply after me was from someone out of state not knowing anyone personally & I'll admit it did trigger my nerves. I didn't condone any behavior that may have come off overboard by either of the 2, but I've done business with both, everything went well & all animals were healthy.

Sometimes I just feel if you try sticking up for someone that other's are arguing with, people gang up on you. I'm sorry I didn't have bad experiences & can't contribute to the other side of a discussion. It's not just me, I've had other people tell me in the past that they rather not contribute to the BOI with their experiences because the don't want to get caught in the crossfire.

I'm not losin sleep over this, I was just curious how people could give negative karma while not being sure of the facts & still asking questions. I only sign on here every once in a while but was looking through my account today & noticed it.

There's no need for attitudes...like I said, it was over a year ago. I just thought it was bogus karma.

Since people are looking back on this thread, did you see that there WAS a James involved & I DID say I have done business with both? If you see it, it just shows that whoever gave me the bad karma didn't read everything. I don't mind taking bad karma for "throwing insults", but I was accused of being part of "a motley gang of cyber bullies" LMAO. So ridiculous.
(I was only involved with the conversation pg 25-27)

Old 10-01-2014, 01:27 AM   #26
liltemptress7
Ok Dennis.
(Saw your reply after I posted)

Old 10-01-2014, 01:54 AM   #27
Dennis Hultman
When I first noticed this thread a few minutes ago my first reaction was to state what do you mean people shouldn't be allowed to tarnish your "karma".

What is Karma? It is basically stating "Hey, I like your post" or "That sucked"

Has nothing to do with your reputation. It's just acknowledging the individual post.

So do you know which posts you received the bad karma for?

Let's address it to set your mind at ease.

I read that whole thread. I posted on it several times.

When I first came to that thread I believe I was responding to a reported post.

The same one Brandi just pointed out
Quote:
Ok, in that thread you're calling Harald antagonistic, and saying that the mods will give you an infraction for speaking your mind and just in general being a pain in the butt, and you wonder why random people gave you negative karma? Really?! And then you're going to say that it's totally unwarranted?! You even decided to tell off the admin/owner of the site and tell him that his own words should be an infraction on his own site. Real smart... Yet you want to gripe about what negative karma you got from said thread?!
I read the reported post first then went and read the thread.
Quote:
But regardless, why should my karma be tarnished by someone that clearly doesn't understand what is being said in a discussion? They're asking questions & making assumptions. I think if they have questions, it should be asked through PM rather than giving bad karma, asking questions after the fact & not being able to answer.

It's obvious they don't know what is going on....it's a shame you give people the power to give bad karma to other users just because they feel like it or lack the capability to following & read a thread thoroughly.
I didn't need to read the thread to know what was going on to decide that I thought these quotes sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltemptress7 View Post
Just sayin....I've known James for over 4yrs, he's a close friend & I've met Artie at the Hamburg show in the spring...both are good guys. Personally I think if you haven't done business with OR met someone in person for yourself, you shouldn't be allowed to comment on a BOI thread. These threads are permanent & can tarnish a reputation because people are nosey & feel like commenting because they're bored at work. (General statement).

It's unfortunate that the BOI which can be a great tool, is going to crap because random people get involved. If you have nothing factual to contribute, leave it alone...no one cares about opinions....we're only interested in the facts.

This will probably get me an infraction of some kind because a moderator doesn't like what I have to say, but the moderators are too strict on here as well ...my parents weren't even as strict & my mother is a Sunday school teacher!!! As you can see from my stats I have decent karma for someone that's not on here too often. Just think its time to put this thread to rest....this is really ridiculous. People don't need the stress of online nit-picking.

Anyways, sorry if I made any typos lol

Have a nice weekend EVERYONE! =)
Then I read the following two posts

This one,

Quote:
With that said, I have better things to do than hang out on a forum all night involving myself in others' affairs. Hope you guys find cures for your boredom...mine is a night out with Apple Martinis.

Enjoy!
and this one with you targeting Harald.

Quote:
This doesn't really seem like moderating, but more or less pot stirring. As a moderator, don't you enforce the rules, not make public suggestions? Being suggestive would make others question your authority/ position.

Emphasising "THAT" & saying it "doesn't surprise" you. Almost sounds personal. If it is, the professional thing to do would to be to recuse yourself from this thread.

Hope I don't get infractions out of spite for this....I was not disrespectful & nor did I swear. =S
That's when I decide to give you that little red square. Not for anything about the topic but for attacking In general, those that participate on the BOI and BS you were saying about us giving infractions to people because we simply disagree with them.

I stated to you on that thread that the

"majority of the body of your post was mainly to be antagonistic to the site, and to target the postings of a moderator. Neither have any place in this thread. "

That's what I dinged your karma for.

You were told several times that the discussion of how the site is run doesn't belong in that BOI thread. It belonged here in this forum but you didn't let up.
You went on to state that you were in hot water with infractions and weren't going to respond to my post to you.

The fact was and still is you never received any infractions in that thread. You received a warning for something unrelated to the BOI in the classifieds two years before that thread.

So yes, I didn't read the thread at the time I gave you one of those red dots. The Subject in the thread title was
Anyone done business with Laura (Burmbreeder5@aol.com)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=james&page=8

So I didn't know yet at that point James was involved. That doesn't matter because you didn't receive it for your position on the subject in the thread, your opinion of the situation, who your friends with, Nope you received it for bashing this site and the moderators instead of addressing the topic of the thread.

When I actually gave my opinion as member towards the end of that thread we actually agreed on some of the on topic points in that thread.

But what is the fuse? I strongly disliked those posts. I may like a different one of yours and hit you with some positives.

Why are you so uptight about people disagreeing with you and letting you know?

Same thing with the infraction system. Some people really get bent out of shape when they receive a infraction. What is it and what does it do to you?

It's a warning to stop a action. To correct a behavior. It doesn't do anything to you. No big flag for people to see you have done something wrong. The trouble comes when you ignore those warnings then real action is taken and you are banned.

Heck, I was given one before I was a Moderator. That sure doomed me.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #28
Dennis Hultman
So, I hope that puts your mind to rest about why you received one of those dots. I can't answer for the other person.

I take each topic as a individual event. I might like what you have to state in one and not in another. No loyalty when it comes to what I think is right. I'm going to state it.

Most of the time it involves no karma points, good or bad. But, if you are attacking this site without merit in a hostile way instead of constructive criticism, I'll probably ding you for that post.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #29
hhmoore
Quote:
Heck, I was given one before I was a Moderator
Guilty as charged - and I fully agreed with what you said in that post, Dennis.
(That was back during what was derisively termed "pay to play" - when Endowment and Benefactor level members were allowed to participate in the moderation)

If this IS (there's that emphasis thing again) related to the Facebook stuff, I've got to look at it from an entirely new perspective. I really hope this doesn't spin into one of those foolish forum wars in which people start popping up with a bunch of antagonistic crap just so they can get banned. It's happened a few times now, and it has yet to start making sense to me. If somebody likes it "over there" better, why can't they just go "over there" without the fanfare. Is there some sort of benefit to causing drama and getting kicked off a site?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:58 AM   #30
Dennis Hultman
I would also add that I have been given bad karma before and I have never thought twice about. If anyone doesn't like what I have to say when I'm posting as any other member of this site feel free, if you feel strongly enough about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!