Beardie health problem?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Chris Steele
Stop! Beardie health problem??

I just noticed today a patch of scales at the base of my dragons tail that are white... does anyone have any idea why they would have turned white or what I should do? I can post pics if you need. I also thought I should mention that they do not seem to irritate her, even when touched.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Robust_Beardies
One of our dragons has something that sounds similar. We posted about it not too long ago. Maybe it's the same thing. Check out http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=88123.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Chris Steele
Thanks Tigres, I think I may have the same 'problem.' I also thought I would mention that when I pull out my tub of mealworms the dragon runs into the glass of the cage after them even if they are 10 or so foot away haha. Is this normal or is she a mealie fiend?

I have heard of superworms as a staple diet. I assume they are much harder to raise than mealies?

Old 10-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Robust_Beardies
From our experience that is pretty normal, especially if your dragon is still fairly young. Mealworms/superworms are like candy bars; they're especially yummy! We use superworms as treats and our dragons just devour them up. They aren't all that hard to raise either. It just takes a little bit of time for the colony to start up. But after that, there is a constant supply.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Chris Steele
What do you use as a staple food?

Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
Robust_Beardies
We use crickets as our staple insect along with mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens and various squashes in our salads. We use superworms as an insect treat and berries as a salad treat. We are currently trying to get a cricket colony going as well. Hopefully, soon we won't have to buy our feeders from any outside sources.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
Chris Steele
Can supers be the staple insect for adults though with mealies and crickets as treats? Is that bad for them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!