Becoming Published... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:15 AM   #11
Sasheena
Well I am pretty well versed in legaleeze myself and did read through the entire contract. If I didn't understand what a paragraph was saying, I would re-read it. Took me the better part of an hour to get through the three-page contract properly. To me it seems as though it is a "standard" contract for a royalty-free publication, that if I use plagiarized work, they'll blame me, if they want to sell it they can, and I can't produce a competing work and sell it, which is fine with me also. I had one paragraph I didn't understand on the first read through and which I understood well the second time around.

The saddest part of everything involving the arrival of the contract is that my "parenting crisis" reached a Mt. Vesuvius critical mass point when I should have been celebrating and enjoying my new success. So it's been a bit sad that my "moment of triumph" was overshadowed.

I feel confident enough of my own read-through of the contract to sign it. The measly $400 that I'll get for the job doesn't make it worth hiring someone to give it a read through.

I sent a small sample of my work to the publishers today (they hadn't even seen ANY of my work when they sent me the contract!) and they were very excited about what they saw. I'm pretty happy myself. I figure I'll get the work in to them two to four weeks early.

And I believe that in the end it's the beginning of what may end up being a very good professional relationship.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:28 AM   #12
Wilomn
Cool but what about my kids?

Old 02-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #13
Sasheena
Well if your kids need math help, you're welcome to create a "MATH" thread where they'll post their questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:54 AM   #14
Sasheena
I just GOTTA share.

Today, finally, I received a check for $400 for my writing. I said to my husband, "I'm not sure that I've ever been paid nearly this much for my writing," and then I thought about it, and realized that I've probably never been paid ANYTHING for my writing, period.

The neatest thing is that the publishing company has also asked me to be one of their editors of the text. (I told them I could not do this until I had received payment for my first work) and I believe they will have me working on a few other items as well.

While things aren't perfect in my universe, I truly don't recall being quite so consistently blessed.

School (with the kids and all) starts tomorrow. I'm feeling very very peaceful about my life and about the things I do on a regular basis. I had to share my happiness and good fortune with those who care.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 AM   #15
LakesideBoas
I missed this thread originally, but--Whoo Hoo! Good for you!

We can say, "We knew her when..."

Old 08-10-2005, 02:21 AM   #16
Sasheena
I must confess.... (upon re-reading my post)

Half the feeling of peace... is the Vicodin I needed after the dentist today. Must be honest.

But the other half of the peace, that's from the good things in my life.

Nothing like a big ol check for your writing to make you feel good!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:22 AM   #17
DAND
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
Nothing like a big ol check for your writing to make you feel good!
I'm sure the Vicodin contributed to the good feeling (or lack of feeling ).

Congrats again!

Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #18
Ginger Ambrose
Congratulations, and keep going, blessings will abound. Seems the happier you are that things just seem to run more smoothly. Or maybe you are happy because things
are running smoothly. hhhhmmmmm ??? oh well we never know.
Ginger

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!