Feeding day??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
hhmoore
Feeding day???

Apparently this guy thought so, lol.
I saw him watching me as I went throught the nearby rack, changing paper and water bowls - but I didn't think anything of it. When I popped his box open and reached in to get him, he was already launching. He extended and latched onto my forearm...and stayed stretched like that until I removed him. He hissed as I pushed against his body to get him out, and tried to push my hand away, so I figured I would just set him down...the thought being he would realize I wasn't food and let go. Silly me, lol. He took the opportunity to bury himself. Recognizing the situation for what it was (PHOTO OP!!!), I walked over grabbed the camera and took a few shots. I did get tired of waiting, though, and unwrapped him - taking one last shot as he let go.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
HA HA HA HA.. THAT is what happened to me.. just the other day..

Silly snakes.. when they gonna learn the feeding schedule.. Sheesh.

ha ha.. Looks like a good chomp though Harald.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
OMG...

Only a true snake lover would compose themself long enough to see a photo op in this before trying to extricate themselves . Very cool. Did you dig any teeth outta your skin?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
fuscusking13
See I wish I had thought of the camera when my little 6 foot retic girl got me and coiled. Instead I finished cleaning her cage and went outside to show my friend who was next door. I should have taken a picture instead, its more fun. Perhaps I will think of it next time. Nice pics, and beautiful snake lol!!! Mine arent on a "schedule" they eat whenever, and everytime lol, so I am always fair game when I open the cage, keeps life exciting, you know? Take care, Dan M.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragginDragon
Only a true snake lover would compose themself long enough to see a photo op in this before trying to extricate themselves . Very cool. Did you dig any teeth outta your skin?
What do you mean compose myself?? You think I was running around screaming like a girl? I've been bitten by bigger and badder than that guy...it takes a lot to get a reaction out of me that way (except for the all in fun dramatic squeal I sometimes used to let out if there was somebody around, heheh). As long as I see it coming, I just don't care...and don't even bother to move unless they are pointed at my face.

No, no teeth - one of the occasional benefits of not pulling away, and letting them let go by themselves. I kinda like when the skin heals over the teeth, and they start to push their way out...a little scratch, then a squeeze, and they shoot across the table

Old 06-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
homegrownherps
Now thats one thing I don't have any photos off .........YET.
So far I am still faster than they are, but I think I should probably start bringing my camera out into the snake room.

Lately I have been getting a little slower, and the fact that one of my fingers looks like a nice fat mouse does not help at all.

I fractured my finger , and its all wrapped up, so it looks like a mouse.
Nothing like painting a target on yourself.

Those are great pics Harald.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
ha ha, yeah, once you been bit a few times.. its just routine. HA HA HA. My hubby freaks out.. It is funny !!!

When I got bit last week, my girl wrapped me.. so getting her loose myself wasn't a nice option. (since she had me on the knuckles, digging into a nerve, which made my whole arm react for the day)

so I called the hubby who was downstairs on the cell.. Hey, I need a hand as soon as possible please... he took his time.. till he saw the blood.. lol.. then yelled at me for not taking it more seriously..

silly non snake people. HA HA HA HA

Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
wcreptiles
I keep a spray bottle of water filled for just this occasion, a few squirts reminds them my arm is not food. I have a young ball python and new carpet python the will bite me about half the time if it's anywhere close to feeding day. Everybody else is well mannered. I'll have to take a picture next time, I bleed a lot everytime.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!