Reputation Poll (more than 1 OK) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: How do YOU choose who to purchase from? (More than 1 OK)
Walmart has very few reptile items but a good return policy, I shop there 4 12.50%
I appreciate, and check out the BOI Good Guys, when I want to buy 21 65.63%
I just get whatever is cheapest and do not check reps 0 0%
I always search the BOI and consider the experiences of prior purchasers 24 75.00%
If I see someone has screwed up once but come clean and make amends, I will give them a chance 12 37.50%
I check reps out closely, my hard earned $ does NOT go to slimeballs 24 75.00%
I talk to the vendor and use personal intuition 19 59.38%
I've been burned and I am VERY careful of who I purchase from 13 40.63%
Hey they SAID it was a het....must be true, right? 0 0%
After a few bad experiences I only purchase 'in person' 0 0%
Wow this guy offered me a foreign cashier's check for $5000 and I get to keep the change! 0 0%
I put the check in the mail and then pray 1 3.13%
I sent them a money order two months ago and still no snake, what's up? 1 3.13%
I only order from personal friends 3 9.38%
other 4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
Lucille
Reputation Poll (more than 1 OK)

What with the advent of The BOI Good Guys Certification Forum (which helps take the risk out of transactions by allowing identification of those with good reputations), and what with clear evidence that there are still scammers extant both lurking and plying their scams and ripping people off, I was curious as to how y'all made your purchasing decisions?

Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #2
shrap
It depends. If I am buying online I ALWAYS come here first. I try to buy everything from folks who support Fauna and have good reputations.

Now when at an expo, you have to trust your experience and intuition. Yet even then I try to do business with people I have built relationships with and know to be good folks.

I am not a deal hunter. I have no problems paying the extra cash when the animal/supplies/caging is worth it. Most of my snakes came from Mike Wilbanks. He cut me a hell of a deal on my albino, pied and hets for both. I did not get them from Mike becasue of the price, I got them from Mike because he is a good guy with excellent snakes. My racks come from Jason at Jasons Jungle, again a good guy. Half of my Leos came from Shelley at Lizard Lair, my gutload from Cody at ProGeckos, my feeders from Grubco, all 7 of my cages are from Boaphile, etc, etc. See a pattern? Good folks with high quality animals and products. Quality of the product/animal and the quality of the individual I am buying from means much more to me than saving a few bucks.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Cat_72
Foreign guy with a cashier's check....

Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
robin d.
..... i shop at walmart......

Old 04-20-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
DAND
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
..... i shop at walmart......
You're lucky. We don't have a Herp department in our Walmarts up this way.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
robin d.
neither do we!! i buy my water and food bowls there and fake plants and vermiculite and spagnum peat and SAND!! among other things... like i said i shop at walmart. i didnt say what we got. wally world kicks ass

Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
reptilebreeder
Seems we all voted on the same four
I'm quoting shrap, because that's about what I would have written myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
It depends. If I am buying online I ALWAYS come here first. I try to buy everything from folks who support Fauna and have good reputations.

Now when at an expo, you have to trust your experience and intuition. Yet even then I try to do business with people I have built relationships with and know to be good folks.

I am not a deal hunter. I have no problems paying the extra cash when the animal/supplies/caging is worth it.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #8
Karen Hulvey
I consider the Rubbermaid aisle at Wally World the "Reptile Dept" LOL.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
robin d.
LOL yeah forgot about the rubbermaid section!!!

Old 05-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #10
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
LOL yeah forgot about the rubbermaid section!!!
Kinky.

Actually boycotted walmart years ago...they tried to strongarm an anchor store here, and resorted to some fairly underhanded means...scumbags. Unfortunately, they ended up winning the land, and the monstrosity is under construction.
I like to support small businesses (owning one, I understand the work load)...but I do use the boi to check out any potential sellers/buyers...even though my last purchase was made from a seller no one here seemed to like...worked out well, guess I got lucky.

greg

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!