getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #181
Tim Cole
Sounds like a deal...

Vinny won't talk about his bites and we won't mention it. Lets have no more

Old 04-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #182
old guy
Well.,,,,I AM old and

wondering how this all got away with these NUMEROUS post that I made thread wise originally ! LOL ! Seriously though > some of you keeping , wanting to keep or whatever on venomous doesn't or won't even be a part of that equation at least in my state because the bill has been passed as to BAN the keeping of hots I just found out. So...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
Tim, i understand that, but im not going tell people wrong information. i am all about safty in venomous snakes since my accidents. do you people really think i am that stupid come on really. and like i said i dont have hots or work with them as of now, since im going to school. so why dont we just drop all of this. and talk herps, because i have listned to most of your information. and all the talking down on me is just getting old.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #183
Tim Cole
Venomous ban in Kansas...

Mike,
Will that effect the Rattlesnake Round-ups in Kansas? Any excemption clauses or permits available?

Old 04-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #184
Tim Cole
Also back to the original question...

"kicked out of some zoo related jobs while on duty or can get you FLUNKED out of some herp classes/schools/colleges while attending. Anybody know or is aware of this ? We have a private school in the KC area that use to auto flunk you in the advent you got tagged while in class or field trip. I don't know if it could happen while not attending class or the above, let's say at home or whatever. I do know that while the class was down in the Yucatan Peninsula that the Professor warned of such and one in particular individual got reprimanded for picking up a small snake without edifying the species which happened to be a micrurus ( coral snake ) of non normal micrurus coloration !"

I do know of a Texas University Professor that tells his students that if they get bit in the field they automatically fail the class.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #185
old guy
One word > NO ! And it just got worse..........

From the last several years to my knowledge ! The up coming event of the Sharon Springs Rattlesnake roundup : Special event hunting date > 4/15 through 5/14 with festival on 5/13-5/14/06. Open area for commercial basis that allows snakes < ? and parts to be sold ( to whom and for what reason ? Back to the event ? ) This is very vague or I'm having a reading/sight/understanding problem. The permit allows 10 Prairie rattlers ( I'm sure in the past several years it was only 5 ) per day. Any other species will not be allowed < oh >! If I read it right and knowing the years past > a special permit ( cheap ! ) is available for the event and leading up to it making the normal resident and non-resident hunting license not necessary ( if I read it right ). This was an update just recently on the state wildlife web-site.
As I have stated on several herp web forums, try to find out about the recent ban and the leading proposal before passing of the ban of keeping hots in Kansas ! it's there but a normal or even above normal intelligent herper can't find it on the wildlife web-site even as a proposal regulation or even updated regulation/bill presented/ passed. This is what really p****s me off !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
Mike,
Will that effect the Rattlesnake Round-ups in Kansas? Any excemption clauses or permits available?

Old 04-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #186
Vinny D
Venomous Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
wondering how this all got away with these NUMEROUS post that I made thread wise originally ! LOL ! Seriously though > some of you keeping , wanting to keep or whatever on venomous doesn't or won't even be a part of that equation at least in my state because the bill has been passed as to BAN the keeping of hots I just found out. So...............

I think their were so many posts. Because it took a long time to TRY and get my point across. And about the banning of venomous reptiles in some states. Right now me my mom and the curator at the zoo, are trying to get a bill pased, so that people cant just go to a show, with no venomous reptile experience at all. And buy a death adder or something. That will cause almost instent death with out the proper AV and you cant get death adder AV here in PA. last year at the Hamburg, Pa show i witnessed a 16 year old kid bought a fremale north Australian death adder, i asked him if he had ever worked with venomous reptiles before. His answer was no so, i had him take the snake back to the seller. And i told the seller that he was only 16, and you think a death adder is a good first hot? it made me feel good because if i wouldent have said anything, and that kid went home and it seemed nice and went to hold it and it nailed him. and i read about it in the papper or news. i would have felt really bad.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #187
Rockford
Awesome.....just what experienced and responsible hot keepers need.....more legislation.

YOUR ACTIONS ALONG WITH OTHERS WILL DEFINITELY LEAD TO FUTURE LAWS BANNING COMPLETE POSSESION BY EXPERIENCED AND RESPONSIBLE KEEPERS AS WELL.

Great job Vinny..........

Old 04-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #188
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
And about the banning of venomous reptiles in some states. Right now me my mom and the curator at the zoo, are trying to get a bill pased, so that people cant just go to a show, with no venomous reptile experience at all. And buy a death adder or something. .
Like I said before, Vinny, you are our worst enemy. Not only did your carelessness, irresponsibility, (and ,yes, stupidity) earn you two venomous bites (or do we count that shed fang incident as a bite, too?), but now you are turning into the legislative poster boy??
Don't get me wrong, I understand your mom being upset about your bites (I'm sure they cost her a fortune, both financially and emotionally) and wanting to turn this into HER cause; but WTF are you doing there. Let me guess, if you (the great and experienced 19yo "herpetologist") cannot manage to keep himself out of range of fang...how can a lesser mortal be expected to do so.

Just remember Vinny - once you set the wheels in motion, they spin on their own...you can't control where they go, or where/when they stop.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #189
Scott Ashton
Vinny and his mom are poster children for legislation/regulation.

They need the government to protect them due to their lack of the ability to make intelligent, informed decisions. And if Vinny and his mom can't negotiate daily life without guidance from the government, how could anyone else?

Its people like the Dragos that suck the teet of the government raw and empower politicians to protect us all.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #190
crotalusadamanteus
Vinny Vinny Vinny, We don't need any more legislation involving reptiles. All we need is EDUCATION. If people would use there head, and learn about something FIRST, before going and obtaining it, (includes handling, restraining, husbandry, available antivenins, etc) and then treat it as a responsibility, (which any pet is) we would not be reading stories about 16 yr olds getting themselve envenomated. Either by S.F.E. (stupid feeding error), S.H.E. (stupid handling error), or self impalation of shed fangs.

I am starting to believe you are one those who is real hard to learn, for the simple fact you BELIEVE you know more than you do, and so don't take criticism well. Criticism is how we learn and get better at things. Or at least ONE way. LOL I am not saying it to come down on you either. Just saying, sometimes we ALL need to step back and take a look at what others are saying. Especially if a lot of it is pointedly directed at You.

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!