First hatch from Iris's 06 clutch. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
thesnakeman
First hatch from Iris's 06 clutch.

Wooopydoooopy!!!!! Maybe more tomorrow!
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
BWSmith
Congrats! More pictures are of course required.

Your mission is to pick out a nice female, get her feeding, and bring her to the Gopher Tortoise Survey on Sept 16

Old 08-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
indigoman
Congratulations!

Looks like a keeper. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to part with, after such a long and painful birthing process. I bet you feel hes part of the family at this point. I hope the rest go soon. Great snake.
Jeff J.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
thesnakeman
Two more out, and two more pipping.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
Eric East
Congrats dude!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #6
matt rand
Go Tony, Go!

awesome news. we're hoping for the best news possible.

matt

Old 08-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
thesnakeman
Thanks all! And thanks to our creator! The forces which flow through us, and bind us have delivered into my care 7 new beautiful, mostly black, and purple blue, baby indigos. this year with incubation temps maintained at 2 degrees lower than last year, I got about another week out of the incubation period. And of the eggs which survived full term, the babies look much fatter, and more developed than last year. They seem much calmer, and less spooky than last year. Very mellow. They also seem to have soaked up more yolk than last years batch.

We started with 12 eggs like last year. Right away, it was apparent that 2 were infertile. A little more than midway through the incubation period, 2 more collapsed and shriveled up. Then at the end of pipping, I opened the last egg, which was slightly collapsed underneath. It looked fully developed, but it was dead, and the egg yolk was half dried, and congealed. Next time, I will try to suspend the eggs over water with no substrate, and lower temps another degree or two. Although mold was present on the unicolor eggs, I saw none on these. No clue why. If anyone would like to study this last dead in egg baby, I would be happy to send it. Perhaps some young veteranary student, or researcher would like to take on the task of determining cause of death.

If you want to see these kids, I'll be at one or two of the St. Louis Shows this year. Thanks for all of your support! Thanks for keeping this forum alive! See you at the shows,...I will also have my artwork for sale. So please come and keep me from being a "starving artist".
T.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #8
BWSmith
Great job. Now photos are required

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!