more bull stuff - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
hhmoore
more bull stuff

I started pairing up my bulls some time ago - starting with my male whitesided (supposedly a multi het). I put him with a female hypo, then (what looks to be) an albino whitesided. Back and forth, 3-7 days in either box. Didn't see anything. Meanwhile, I delayed putting my male snow in with females because he went opaque, then never shed...about 3.5 weeks later, he went opaque again. And shed, finally. In with my female albino he went, and wasted no time getting to it. A few days later, I put him in with a normal & he was right on top of things. Still no sign of anything from the whitesided. Finally, I just separated them all. The snow's girls are getting close to laying - one shed a couple days ago, the other is just going opaque. Just for giggles, I put the whitesided back in with the hypo...and he wasn't taking no for an answer. Since she wasn't particularly cooperative at this point, he grabbed her by the head to slow her down a bit. Didn't even care when I moved them to get a better pic. Looks like late babies again this year, lol (darn Jim's are hatching all over the place, and I don't even have eggs on the ground yet, lol)
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
homegrownherps
Better late, then not at all.

Those are some great pics.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
WOOT! ^_^ Better late than never right harald!?

Congrats though! Hes a looker!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
constrictorcrazi74
Im picking up a big mean female white sided and a big mean albino male this saturday im excited lol . Awesome pics

Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
garweft
Any later and those babies will be `08's.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
hhmoore
Hey, Jim... I know I'm WAAAAAAAY behind, but I finally have eggs on the ground, lol.
As anticipated, the first clutch came while I was in SoCal last week. 13 eggs from an albino x snow pairing...definitely smaller than my big eggs from last year. Looks like the albino whitesided x (?multihet) whitesided will be next, followed by a normal x snow, then the ones from the photos above (and maybe one more normal x snow)

Old 05-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
ok, maybe its just me, but I find it HILARIOUS that they are doing the deed on the devil. lol. I guess the devil made them do it?

I dunno, I am easily amused.

But congrats!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Hey, Jim... I know I'm WAAAAAAAY behind, but I finally have eggs on the ground, lol.
As anticipated, the first clutch came while I was in SoCal last week. 13 eggs from an albino x snow pairing...definitely smaller than my big eggs from last year. Looks like the albino whitesided x (?multihet) whitesided will be next, followed by a normal x snow, then the ones from the photos above (and maybe one more normal x snow)
ok - I was wrong.
The mother of the big eggs from last year shed first. (normal x snow)
The whitesided x albino whitesided will be next.
The above pictured...ummm.....engagement with the female hypo must have been a matter of convenience, lol, as she is now fully opaque.
The last normal x snow will be a surprise if it happens. I hadn't planned on breeding her (though she was definitely big enough), but put the male with her just before I left for SoCal. She was with my male hypo last year and produced nothing (I don't remember if I ever verified her being a female...if she doesn't lay eggs this year, I'll have to take a peek under her skirt)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!