Good Guy Matt and Jessica Harmse/ Nuts Over Chameleons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
DSHULD
Matt and Jessica Harmse/ Nuts Over Chameleons

I became interested in getting a chameleon in Sept of this year. I did several weeks of reading between here and chameleonforums.com after seeing that site mentioned to another member. I am so glad I found that site! They have been a wonderful resource and that is where I was recommended to check with Matt (aka Matt Vanilla Gorilla there) on availability.

I contacted him via pm on 10-3 and was given his number to text for more information. We spoke 10-4 via txt about his availability and the fact my time frame for actually wanting to purchase wouldn't be until towards the end of Oct. I had checked here on the boi but came up empty on searching his name which did make me a little nervous at first. But, he came highly recommended on cf and the more we talked the more I understood why.

Matt and his family truly care about the chameleons they sell and the customers they deal with. Despite knowing I was not really going be ready until the end of October Matt continued our initial conversation unlike what encountered when I inquired with ours. He showed me a male and female nosy be he had available. My wife and I fell in love with male and me with the female. We decided to just go with the male since the female is his sibling and Matt was very understanding.

Since I wasn't going to be ready until the end of October but we wanted the male dearly I nervously approached him about a deal to go ahead and make the purchase but Matt hold him until I was ready for him to ship. He had no problem with doing that for me and we had a deal. As I set about drawing up my cage plans I bounced ideas of Matt and changes were made here and there and all the while we talked daily. So much so that I've come to consider him a friend, not just a breeder that my beautiful new chameleon came from. I don't know how they do it but some how him and his family manage to work normal jobs/ go to school, keep up with their chameleons and talk day and night with customers.

Over the last month I've received picture and video updates of our baby boy. I thought I had been downloading the pics as they were viewed but sadly I wasn't. Matt was kind enough to resend the original pics along with a bunch going back when he was a baby still showing his greens and grays. Matt has gone above and beyond what anyone could reasonably expect a breeder to do in helping me does my best to make sure it would be as smooth of a transition for blue lightning as possible. He has arrived in excellent health and extremely active. I can't begin to explain how happy my wife and I are with our new baby boy. So, I felt Matt was due to have good guy posting here in case anyone like myself searches in the future. I'm currently waiting on his next clutch to hatch in Jan/ Feb so I can hopefully get my unrelated female from him and his family middle of next year .

Old 11-03-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
DSHULD
Here he is right after getting him out of his shipping bag.

And putting his pjs on about 30 minutes before bed time.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #3
Katacara
Talking I could not agree more!

Hello all I am also a member of the Chameleon Forums, and am one of the people that recommends Matt and Jessica to anyone looking to purchase a chameleon!

From my first communication with Matt I knew that I had meet a person who was honest, trustworthy, and who would go above and beyond for his customers. I also knew that I had made a friend. Now I am happy to say that not only Matt, but his whole family has become apart of my family for life!

I was blessed with 5 of Matt's precious chameleon eggs. He has been there for every step, from choosing an incubator, to the correct temps. As well as answering any question I had/have about care, no matter how "dumb" or silly the question may seem to me. He is always available no matter the time, as I live on the east coast, and he live on the west.

I don't know how he balances everything, but D*M does he do a GREAT job!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!