Bad Guy Michael Cardell (Mike C) NY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
scaledverts
Angry Michael Cardell (Mike C) NY

I contacted Michael Cardell (mikec205@live.com) on 22-April-09 regarding the purchase of a pair of Puget Sound garter snakes from him that he had posted on kingsnake he responded that same day with more information.
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM
To: scaledverts@gmail.com

The male4 is the smaller and the female is larger.

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:52:27 -0500
To: Mikec205@live.com
Subject: Message about: 1 PR Puget Island Blue Gartersnakes
NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hello - I am extremely interested in your Puget Sound garters. can you send along picture of the snakes please. Thank you in advance for your time in this matter.

Kyle
----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=680252&cat=6
He originally posted the pair for $200 shipped. After a total of 2 more emails each regarding the animals and asking for pictures, we agreed that I could purchase the animals for a total of $175 including shipping. I Paypaled the money to his e-mail address as requested (mikec205@live.com) on 22-April. Mr. Cardell then sent an e-mail to me regarding shipping information and providing me with some pictures. He then sent me an e-mail saying that he could not ship until Monday 27-April to which I replied that was acceptable to me and asked for a tracking number when he did ship the animals.
Quote:

K M <scaledverts@gmail.com> Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM
To: Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com>
Ok, that is best for me also. Let me know when you get a tracking number for the shipment.

Thanks again,

Kyle

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> wrote:

I will not be able to ship untill monday.
Later in the evening of 22-April Mr. Cardell sent me a message indicating he had given me the wrong paypal address and saying he had refunded my money, and asking me to send a payment to a different e-mail address (outcast44@hotmail.com) (in this email he refers to me incorrectly as “Kara”)
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Kara I made a Mistake I gave you the wrong paypal address. I just refunded your money. Just pay me what you get refunded they charge something for it. Send the paypal to outcast44@hotmail.com I am very sorry for the inconvenience Don't send me the $200 because they will charge something for the refund. So just send me what they send you back. Please email me when you do this. Sorry once again
Mike
He then proceeded to send me a number of e-mails within a 2 hour period the final email again confirmed our previously agreed to $175 shipped deal but was clearly attempting to go back to the $200 shipped he had listed in his add in spite of agreeing to my offer. Notice the time stamp on the e-mail (12:30 am), I personally think this is kind of shady to send an email this late in the evening saying that the offer is only good until tomorrow morning.

Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM
pic#28 is the male pic number28 is the male pic #39 is trhe female. You can't beat the price for $200 shipped but if you buy them tonight I wu=ill do them for $175. fed ex overnight to your door. MY paypal is outcast44@hotmail.com This offer is just for tronight and backj to $200.00 shipped.
He sent another e-mail requesting that I send a second payment to him and telling me that he was refunding my original payment. At this point I checked my Paypal account and found that there was a refund payment pending.
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM
MIkec205@live is not working send the money to outcast44@hotmail.com. If yoiu already sent the noney to mikec205 I will refund it ans send it outcast44@hotmail.com
I emailed him saying that I had sent the new payment to him. Notice the time stamp on the e-mail (2 am), I just happened to be up late that night and got him the second payment as soon as I received his e-mails.
Quote:

K M <scaledverts@gmail.com> Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Money has been sent to outcast44@hotmail.com.

Kyle
I had not heard from him regarding the second payment in 3 days so I sent an e-mail asking if he received the other payment, to which he asked which account I sent it to. At this point I became slightly more suspicious because Mr. Cardell seemed to not be very well organized. After a series of e-mails in which Mr. Cardell’s lack of organization became apparent, he sent me an e-mail indicating that he had a conflict and would not be able to ship the animals out on Monday as previously agreed upon.
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Hey I got the payment. But I have a little problem. I am a Police officer in NY. I got called in to work special duty starting at midnight tonight. So I cant ship tomorrow. It will have to be Wed or Thurs. Let me know which is better for you.
Thanks
Mike
At this point I was very suspicious of him and asked some questions regarding shipping etc. I also told him that shipping out on Wednesday, 29-April for Thursday arrival was fine with me. I did this because of the extenuating circumstances. In spite of my suspicions, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Where in NY are you an officer? My girlfriend spent her early years in various parts of NY. I really want to get these snakes ASAP. Would if be possible for someone to drop the snakes off tomorrow for you? If not, Wednesday for Thursday delivery is best for me.

Thanks,

Kyle
On 28-April-09 Paypal sent me an e-mail telling me that the refund payment that Mr. Cardell had agreed to provide to me had not cleared his bank and therefore was canceled (note in this e-mail that the name on the email address is different (Veronica Cardell) in spite of Mr. Cardell responding to me from this e-mail (see other e-mail messages)
Quote:

service@paypal.com <service@paypal.com> Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM
To: Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com>
Dear Kyle Mara,

The refund sent by Veronica Cardell (mikec205@live.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Veronica Cardell regarding this refund.
I immediately sent an e-mail to Mr. Cardell communicating that the refund had not gone through and provided him a copy of the Paypal e-mail. I also requested that he again send the refund payment and provide information regarding the shipping of my snakes.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Cc: outcast44@hotmail.com
Hey Mike - Now I have a little problem, the refund from Mikec205 failed. Paypal says that is did not clear your bank account. See the e-mail below from Paypal. Please make a payment to my account for the 175. I really need this money back as right now you have 350 total of my money. Also, please let me know as soon as you ship out the pair of garters tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------
Dear Kyle Mara,

The refund sent by Veronica Cardell (mikec205@live.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Veronica Cardell regarding this refund.
I sent a series of e-mails asking Mr. Cardell when he was going to ship out the animals and again requesting that he refund my Paypal account the money he agreed to refund to me.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Mike - When tomorrow are you shipping out the garters? Please send me a FedEx tracking number when you ship them. Also, I have not heard from you regarding the paypal refund from mikec205 to kylemara@hotmail.com for $175. I am a student and this is a considerable amount of money for me to have in limbo.

Thanks agian, I look forward to completing the transaction with you,

Kyle
--------------------------------------

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Mike - When did you ship out today? I am kind of anxious to get the tracking number to make sure that I schedule my day around it tomorrow. Please let me know ASAP. Give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx to let me know, e-mail is so hard to keep up with.

Thanks,

Kyle

--------------------------------------

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:04 AM
Did you ship out on Wednesday? I still have yet to hear from you regarding the tracking number or if they are even in transit. Please let me know ASAP!

Kyle
At this point, having not received the shipment or any correspondence from Mr. Cardell in 4 days, I communicated to him that he must ship the animals to me by the next day (1-May-09) and that he must refund the money he agreed to refund to me. I gave him set deadlines to do so before I began the process of filing claims against him for the money. I would normally not be this worried about shipment of the animals. However, he had $350 of my money (half of which was supposed to be refunded but did not clear his bank). The fact that the refund did not clear his account told me that he took the money out of the Paypal account before attempting the refund! He had also had my money for over a week now and I had no snakes.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Michael - I just got off the phone with our receiving department at the university. They told me there was no shipment from you for me. I am curious as to why you did not ship out on the date that we had agreed to. Did you ship to the Paypal address despite my instructions not to? If this is the case, I need to know immediately so that I can make arrangements to pick up the shipment. At this point, I must insist that the pair of Puget Sound garter snakes get shipped out today (30-April-09) for a Friday morning arrival. Secondly, I still have not received the $175 refund that you said you were going to give me because you had me send money to the wrong Paypal address. I have had no contact with you since Sunday night, even considering the special assignment, this is unacceptable. If I do not receive a refund payment to my Paypal account (kylemara@hotmail.com) by 8 pm tonight (30-April-09), I will be forced to file a claim with Paypal to get my money back. Again, this is a significant amount of money for me to not have access to. Secondly, if you are unable to provide me with a tracking number for the shipment of the pair of garters that I paid for by 8 pm tonight (30-April-09), I will again be forced to file a Paypal claim for the total of $175. If this is a misunderstanding, please let me know how you plan to rectify the situation as communication from your end has been very poor and you have had $350 of my money for greater than 1 full week. I very much want this pair of garter snakes, however they must be delivered to me by Friday 1-May-09.

Kyle

I sent him a series of e-mails telling him that I was being forced to file claims against him through Paypal, my credit card, and kingsnake.com. I heard nothing from him until after I began the claims process at which point he miraculously contacted me saying he had an emergency.
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:10 PM
I had to leave town on an emergency I just got back a few minutes ago. I can ship on Wed if that is ok with you.
I do have to say that I was surprised to hear from him. I indicated to him the amount of crap that I had to go through and made it clear that if I did not really want these animals I would not be continuing to attempt to resolve the issue.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Mike - I do have to tell you that I have gone through a ton of crap over the last week trying to determine what happened to the $350 and the animals. As you have read in my previous e-mails, I have had to initiate claims with my credit card company, kingsnake, and Paypal. To be honest with you, if I did not really want this pair of snakes this would not be worth the stress that this has caused me. I DO still want this pair, however I have to have you send them off tomorrow for Wed arrival so that I can cancel the claims that I have initiated. I MUST do this ASAP to ensure that nothing gets mixed up with the money. Send me the tracking number as soon as you put them in the mail. Please do not delay this any further, as I MUST cancel the claims that I have initiated immediately.

Kyle
At this point I called the credit card company and Paypal to let them know what was going on. I did not cancel the claims as I did not trust that Mr. Cardell would actually deliver the merchandise to me. I was told by the credit card company to wait until he actually sent the animals and then they would re-bill my account. He sent me an e-mail saying that he could not ship out on Tuesday and that Wednesday (6-May) for Thursday delivery was the earliest he could do.
Quote:

Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:31 PM
I can't send the tomorrow I have to be in work early. Wed for thurs is the earilest i can ship. Let me know. what you want to do.
To which I replied that if Wednesday was the earliest he could ship, that would work for me and asked for the tracking number.
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM
What time is last pickup in NY? I think I can ship out as late as 5 pm for overnight delivery from here. If that is the earliest you can ship, I am ok with it. Send me the tracking number either way. I will begin the process of dealing with my credit card company, kingsnake, and Paypal.

Kyle
I sent an e-mail to him on Wednesday asking for the tracking number (at this point I had ZERO trust in him).
Quote:

Kyle Mara <scaledverts@gmail.com> Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM
I eagerly await a tracking number from you so I can plan my day tomorrow. Let me know as soon as you ship it and get the number.

Thanks,

Kyle
He replied that he was shipping Thursday (7-May), NOT Wednesday.

Quote:
Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:42 PM

am shipping tomorrow.
At this point I sent him emails asking why he AGAIN broke terms that he agreed to and did not ship when we both agreed for him to ship! Well today (Friday 8-May)) comes around and guess what..................... NO shipment. I just informed him that this was ridiculous and that I would be posting about his business practices on Fauna classifieds.
I truly do hope that this is just a horrible misunderstanding. I do not feel that I am being unreasonable and I feel that I have been more than accommodating to his schedule. I cannot wait any longer to post this information. BEWARE of buying from Michael Cardell (Mike C on kingsnake classifieds). My dealings with him have turned me off to dealing with people via the internet. I know not everyone is bad but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
ForkedTung
Wow, Sorry to hear about this. It looks like you were more than patient and it looks like he is a scammer. Any update on this?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
laterob
Agreed

Kyle - you did a great job walking us through your experience. I agree that you have been more than patient enough, and he is giving you the runaround (likely scammer).

I hope that you have no trouble getting your funds back (seems like you've done a really good job in tracking the correspondence back and forth, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Please keep us posted, and thanks for the advisory.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
LauraB
Quote:
I do not feel that I am being unreasonable
You are absolutely not being unreasonable. Buyer beware!

Best of luck in getting ALL your money refunded.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
scaledverts
Quote:
Michael Cardell <mikec205@live.com> Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Hey I got the payment. But I have a little problem. I am a Police officer in NY. I got called in to work special duty starting at midnight tonight. So I cant ship tomorrow. It will have to be Wed or Thurs. Let me know which is better for you.
Thanks
Mike
The part that kind of surprises me about the entire situation is that he claims to be a cop. If he is, this is a problem. In any case, the current situation is that my credit card company has filed a chargeback claim on Paypal (and he knows it, we were both sent e-mails about it on Friday 8-May). Other than that kingsnake has locked his account because I filed a complaint on the internet crime reporting website. Whatever happens do not purchase from Michael Cardell (Mike C). I know he uses at least two e-mail addresses mikec205@live.com and outcast44@hotmail.com. I will post the finial resolution to this situation as soon as I hear something.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Wolfy-hound
I'm not saying he IS a scammer, or is NOT a police officier, BUT..
A lot of scammers will claim to be cops, becuase some folks will hesitate to take any action against a cop, even if they seem to have scammed them, or lied.

He might not be a cop at all, keep that in mind. I hope it's some sort of minor misunderstanding and you get the snakes and the refunded extra money as well.
Good luck.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
scaledverts
Credit Card Refund

Well - After all the crap I went through to try to get these snakes, it appears that the refund process was much easier. My credit card company refunded my money. This is exactly why I chose to use a credit card through Paypal and not trust their guarantee. I actually called Paypal and they told me they could only refund me the money if it was in the seller's account because it was not an ebay purchase. So use credit cards when paying through paypal as an added layer of protection against scammers.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
scaledverts
Update with a New Alias/Email: Xavier Cardel (lireptile@hotmail.com)

So it appears the ridiculousness of Mike Cardell, has gotten much more interesting. I had not heard much about this deal since the last time I posted in this thread, which was some time ago. The only thing that has happened in the interim is that kingsnake contacted me to ask if Mike made good on the issue I had with him because he was asking to be reinstated as an advertiser there. I told them that he had not and explained that I had to get the money back from my credit card company.
I’m going to include every different email that he sent me in this latest string for completeness. It should also be noted that these emails were all going to my spam folder and I did not get them immediately. Here goes, hang on this guy is really a piece or work.
On June 29th and I get the following email from a “Xavier Cardell” from the email address lireptile@hotmail.com asking me to tell kingsnake that he did send me the money back when he most certainly did not. He also attempts to bribe me into telling kingsnake that he made good on the deal. Which after our previous transaction I had ZERO intention of doing. Because well……he didn’t!

Quote:

From Xavier cardell lireptile@hotmail.com
To scaledverts@gmail.com
Date Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Subject kingsnake

HI I know we hadea problemwith a deal for some gartersnake. But if I renber corecrtly i sent you your money back. that deal is keeping from the kingsnake. have `red garters getting to beborn and all sorte typs of hognoes if tou cou could kindly tell them I sent youe moneyback I willl give you a free pait of het hognose or apair a pait of garters. Pleras kakeit kindely tate it in your heart to wright and said i sent your money. Back i would also be up to sendinsyou $100.00 for your trouble.
thanks so much
Xavier Cardell.
When he got no response from me, he sent the following

Quote:

From Xavier cardell lireptile@hotmail.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

HI I thought I had sent your money back. lletb me know how mubh.i owe and i palpay and i will get i wiwww get the the money right to youas long as you tell kingsnake .that I took care of the money .so thier will let me backon the.so thier let me bck on the cite.
thanks in advanec
XAVIER CARDELL
This kind of threw me off because he obviously knew some details about the deal he scammed me on but the email, name, and general typing style were not the same. He sent the following email the next day.

Quote:

from Xavier cardell lireptile@hotmail.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com,
Xavier cardell
date Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM
subject Deal gone wrong

HI we had a deal going foe some pudget sound gardersabout 2 y.miptile peoplel bid on the same amnaislscott B bid first but I did not read. When I founf out that mutpile pepole bid on the the pair if snakes I sent everybody thier money back. If you thinkyou were wronged
i woulde gladely send you back doublryour maney backfor getting me renenstatedas i have a lot of aninals and nothing with. i can't afforde to feed thenunless i sell sell.so i don't want to loose them,.than pleras have me reinstated. and im would send would doubleyour money back
thasnks
XAKIER CARDELL.
Here he basically tells me that he’ll give me money to lie to kingsnake. He also mentions something about a “bid” which was never mentioned during our original transaction. He also attempts to play the “my animals are dying, don’t you care about them card.” The next email was on July 1st.

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM
subject deal gone wrong

I don't want any money from you sust email king snake and telll gthem it was a mistake and andto open my account again andin the near future I will havegaeters hognose barrons racers. A nd a bunch of other snakes uou can pivk fgron. Just emailthem and get me and get me reiinstated.
THanks
so much
XAVIER CARDELL
Next, he gets an email from kingsnake saying that I have to contact them and say our transaction has been rectified.

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM
subject Please help me out

In this instance the complainant is Kyle Mara
> > (scaledverts@gmail.com) Once he has contacted us and informed us
> > that the complaint has been resolved, your advertising account privileges
> > may be re-activated.
> >
They want an email from you saying I sent your money back.And I will send you apair of baby het hognose.When they hatch out.please just wright then asap I beg you
Thanks
Xavier Cardell
Next, he tries to tell kingsnake that she (me….male) is ok with him posting again even though I have not responded to a single email from him……

Quote:

to communityreview@pethobbyist.com,
scaledverts@gmail.com
date Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM
subject Deal gone bad

I havebeen email her back and forth. She realised it was a mistake and that I sent her money back. o she would have no problem with me posting again. so please take it in your heard and let me start posting again.If there is a problem with my screen name let me know and and I will change it.
Thanks
Xavier
He then forwards me kingsnake’s response to him

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:32 AM
subject FW: Deal gone bad

To: lireptile@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Deal gone bad
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:32:05 -0600

Hello,
You need to ask the person to contact me at the address I am using now and let me know that he has received his refund. Once that has been done, we will reinstate your username.

> From: Xavier cardell
> To: communityreview@pethobbyist.com, scaledverts@gmail.com
> Sent: Sat, Jul 2, 2011 15:14:37 GMT+00:00
> Subject: Deal gone bad
>
> I havebeen email her back and forth. She realised it was a mistake and that I sent her money back. o she would have no problem with me posting again. so please take it in your heard and let me start posting again.If there is a problem with my screen name let me know and and I will change it.
> Thanks
> Xavier
Over the next few days he forwards me the message 2 more times. Then on the 7th I get the following,

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM
subject please help me out.

Can you please email kingsnake and let them know that I sent your money back. Untill you do that I can't post
Thanks
Xavier
A few days after that, notice he is now Mike again……

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM
subject kingsnake

Hi it is me again. How much money do you want to email kingsnake and tell him that I gave you your money backon last years deal.
Thanks
Mike
2 days later this email comes.

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM
subject RE: Deal gone bad

Please wright him or if you want more money to do it let me know and I will send it .I an swimming in aminals and have nothing to do with them. Thet are all going to start dying soon because I can't afford to feed them all. So please find it in your heart to do this for me and if you want money I will glagely send you some. I have no other alternative .I am going to have to start freezing them Thanks
Mike
Again the attempt to get sympathy from me. Like he didn’t screw me over once before.

On the 14th I get this email where he contacted kingsnake to try to get around me not telling them all was well. I should also mention again that his messages were all going to my spam folder, not that I would have replied anyway…

Quote:

to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM
subject FW: Kingsnake.com Account

kingsnake and that I sent the money back. and tell then that I send your money back. If you you want more let me know and I send it you because i am jammed up with about 100 snakes and more comming. I can't feed all them and they are going to start dyeing soon.please thell kingsnake that I sent your money throght paypay. I will send you extra ot a pair of snakes.but it has to be soon the are going to start dyeing they don't hhave I have been spending my whole paycheck just to fed them. Thanks in advance.
Mike
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: Kingsnake.com Account
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:36:25 -0600

Who are you trying to make good with? The person that has a complaint against is not a woman, but a man. Here is the persons name and email address agai:
Kyle Mara
scaledverts@gmail.com
The email address is current for this person.
>
> ---------- Forwarded Message -----------
> From: Xavier cardell
> To:
> Sent: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:44:36 -0400
> Subject: RE: Kingsnake.com Account
>
> Idon't think are members any more I even offered then $200.00to give them a call whan the deal was only for $100.00I have sent them about 20 emails I dont think they are menbers anymore. I don't know what to do. MY aminals are hatching and I have nothing to can you please contact them for me. MY hands are Tied I never had anybody trouble Whem I was NEW YORK REPTILIA Can you please help me out
There was also a fair amount of information about our original deal at the bottom of this email that I cut off because it has already been posted about. Basically it looks like kingsnake figured out that Xavier Cardell = Mike Cardell and denied him making a new account. He also mentions “New York Reptilia” as a former business name, so add that to the list too.

I get the following email from kingsnake asking me again if Mike made good on our deal. Also forwarded in this email is another email Mike sent to them. He signed it Mike but the email is Xavier….

Quote:

from phclassifieds phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com
date Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM
subject Fw: RE: Kingsnake.com Account

Dear Sir,
Have you had any contact with Mike Cardell and did he refund your money?
Thank you,
---------- Forwarded Message -----------
To:
Sent: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:01:04 -0400
Subject: RE: Kingsnake.com Account
I have sent him about 20 emails he has not has not ancwered one maybe he is not reading kingsnake anymore can you include his phone so,I can call him personaly.Because I gerton awncer with the emain. He might have another emain mthat he uses. please try to help me out. I sent him his money back and not I have a lot of aminalssthat I have a lot of anmils that I have to get rid of or they are going to die o stareation because I cant afford the food.can you please do sonething for me
thanks Mike
I then replied to kingsnake about this with a detailed response.

Quote:

from Kyle R. Mara scaledverts@gmail.com
to phclassifieds
date Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM
subject Re: Fw: RE: Kingsnake.com Account

Thank you for your email. The last contact I had from Mr. Cardell regarding our transaction was quite some time ago and was before I filed the IC3 crime report and reported him to you guys for non-delivery. I just double checked my junk email and it appears I have received a few emails from a party named Xavier Cardell from a different email address from the ones I previously had. In at least two of these emails, I noticed that Mike/Xavier tried to tell you that I "understood that it was a mistake." To be perfectly honest this appears a blatant attempt to lie about his contact with me regarding this transaction. Mr. Cardell never contacted me regarding the refund for the animals that he never sent me. As I mentioned to PHClassifieds some time ago, I had to resort to filing a credit card chargeback to get my money back from Mr. Cardell.

I feel that Mr. Cardell has no intention of conducting himself in a professional and honorable manner. I have no intention of telling you how to run your website, however, in my opinion he is a scammer that will use any means necessary to attempt to take advantage of people (his current tactic is to play at my/our love of animals by saying he has to sell them because they will die otherwise). He made zero attempts to contact me to resolve the issue after he had my money. Furthermore, in one of his emails he claims it was a bidding war and this is simply a lie. In his emails with me, he never mentioned a bidding war nor did my offer increase on the snakes once we had agreed to a price.

As I have said previously, I have purchased a number of animals from reputable breeders through kingsnake.com. Furthermore, I currently have a classifieds account of my own and have dealt with many people that conduct themselves in a very professional manner. I feel that Mr. Cardell is not one of the good guys out there and I will continue to advocate his continued ban from advertising and selling animals because I feel he will attempt to scam someone again.

Kyle Mara (scaledverts)
I then received the following email in return.

Quote:

from phclassifieds phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com
to "Kyle R. Mara"
cc Account Review
date Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM
subject Re: Fw: RE: Kingsnake.com Account

Thank you for contacting me. I was aware you are currently an advertiser with us, that is why I knew your email address was current as he claims that it was not.
Many things do not seem right with this issue with him and you have just confirmed one of those issues.
So it looks like he is still out. But be on the lookout because now he has at least one more name and email address he is using: Xavier Cardell (lireptile@hotmail.com). I know that was a very long post only to show more emails but I wanted to show what kind of character Mr. Cardell has since he tried to lie to kingsnake about contacting me and then tried to basically bribe me into saying he made the deal right. Although it might appear he is trying to make an effort to make the deal right, based on my previous dealings with him, I don’t think that is what is going on at all. I don’t doubt for a second that if I had taken him up on any of his offers and contacted kingsnake that he would actually come through. He also doesn’t seem to get that at this point it is not about the money (I already got that back from my credit card), it is about him scamming me and me doing everything in my power to keep that from happening to others. I have not yet responded to him and am debating doing so as I type this.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
ForkedTung
Good for you Kyle and that was a well written, concise and professional response to KS.com...that's also pretty cool that they have thus far banned that scammer.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
NIGRO51
By far the best BOI post I have ever read!

I'm happy to hear that this scammer is gonna be out of commission for a while.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!