Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
TakinANapster
Here was his response: (keep in mind all shipping would be on ME):

"
Joe, they are a sexed pair. I guarantee it. I'm not willing to pay the $40 to have them probed. If you are unhappy with the snakes, please send them back and I will give you a full refund for the price you paid for them. Or, send them back and I'll probe them for you, put them in separate container and send them back to you, which would cost more then the probing a vet would for you. I'm at a loss as to what else to suggest, except perhaps have one of your friends that knows reptiles to probe it for you. It only takes 30 seconds. Or I can sell you a set of probes and mail them to you.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
"

Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
Here was his response: (keep in mind all shipping would be on ME):

"
Joe, they are a sexed pair. I guarantee it. I'm not willing to pay the $40 to have them probed. If you are unhappy with the snakes, please send them back and I will give you a full refund for the price you paid for them. Or, send them back and I'll probe them for you, put them in separate container and send them back to you, which would cost more then the probing a vet would for you. I'm at a loss as to what else to suggest, except perhaps have one of your friends that knows reptiles to probe it for you. It only takes 30 seconds. Or I can sell you a set of probes and mail them to you.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
"

This e-mail seems very reasonable and is what most breeders would probably say. He offered your money back if you didn't like them or didn't trust him to sex them properly.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
Kristi23
Since they are kept separately anyways, you should be able to learn how to sex them well before breeding age. Even if they were in separate marked containers, they could still be sexed wrong. You never know for sure until you check.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
TakinANapster
Yes Kristi....

I'm just saying, I paid for sexed snakes, I should have got clearly marked sexed sakes and I did not.

And his off of return stinks. I'd be out $50 with absolutely noting to show for it and he would have his snakes back and be out absolutely nothing. I DON'T consider that to be AT ALL FAIR!

I don't know how you ad such a good experience. Every email and every phone I had with him was sarcastic, mean & hateful! He compared himself to a New Car Salesman....and he hit it right on the head.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
TakinANapster
offer of return* (sorry)

Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
TakinANapster
From Ken GREAT Customer Service....demeaning and insulting...again:

"
You have a sexed pair. I'm not sure who you are polling, nor does it really matter. I am sorry that you can't sex them. I don't understand how you will perform your "breeding projects" without knowing something as basic as sexing a snake. Obviously emailing back and forth is not going to do us any good. They are great snakes and should make great breeders, if you can figure out how to do it. I won't be responding to your emails anymore. Take care.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
"

Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
JennyBell
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
Yes Kristi....

I'm just saying, I paid for sexed snakes, I should have got clearly marked sexed sakes and I did not.

And his off of return stinks. I'd be out $50 with absolutely noting to show for it and he would have his snakes back and be out absolutely nothing. I DON'T consider that to be AT ALL FAIR!

I don't know how you ad such a good experience. Every email and every phone I had with him was sarcastic, mean & hateful! He compared himself to a New Car Salesman....and he hit it right on the head.
Something doesn't add up here. Ken acts like sexing them is no big deal and would take him a few seconds. Fair enough. So why would he guarantee they are sexed but not label as such? Are you sure these snakes actually came from Ken? Are you sure he didnt have some other company ship for him and thats why they showed up in the same container? Can you go back and track the package to see if it was actually sent from Ken in Nevada?

Jennifer Bell

Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
VegasBilly
These are juvenile Rosys right? They won't figure into a breeding program for a few years. Keep them separate until mature and the spurs on the male will be evident. when it's REALLY important to know you will be able to tell.

Probably just me but I don't see the immediacy in knowing the sex of a juvie pair. I was in Ken's office while this was going down. I have a clutch of really teensy Zonata he popped for me as my eyes completely suck these days and they were just too small for me to see. It took him no time.....I'm sure you have a pair. You say you "paid" for him to sex them.....was this a separate line item above and beyond the prices of the animals and shipping? Never seen a "sexed" or "unsexed" pricing differential.

So Ken had a mental lapse and put them both in the same container, not sure any of this warrants a Bad Guy post. Maybe an "Indignant Buyer" category could be created? I was new to popping Coubrids and merely went online and saw Kathy Love's excellent YouTube video on popping Corn Snakes.....bought a lighted magnifying glass/stand ($19.95) used for fly tying and other detail work....allowed my crappy eyes to see well enough to pop my larger species of hatchlings no problem LOL.

'Course you had no part in your friend subsequently placing a large order on various pairs of animals...making Ken go through the effort of sexing all of them....then him stating "after learning how you treated my friend on the Rosys I'm taking my business elsewhere"? I'm paraphrasing here but y'all should get the picture. This keeps up and the only vendors left on forums such as this will be the jobbers as most breeders will opt to wholesale their production and let someone else deal with the pettiness.

Bill

Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
JCCS
If they have mites, that sucks and he should be responsible for that. As for the sexing of them, yeah it wasn't the greatest idea to pack them in that manner, but you claim that you've bought from breeders on 17 occasions. That tells me that you're not a beginner, maybe it's time to learn to sex the species you work with so you don't have to rely on other people or pay a vet to do it.

I don't completely trust anyone over sexing, I have gotten incorrectly sexed snakes from people who should have been able to sex snakes before and am sure I will again.

Like I said, good luck on the mite treatment, hopefully you quarantined and will only have to treat the new ones.

Chris Canada-Smith

Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
TakinANapster
Good point JennyBell, I definitely wouldn't put it past Ken drop-shipping them from aother location and had never actually seen the snakes. I'll check into it.

And Bill....If you were in Ken's office, I see you as VERY BIAS in this whole matter! Your friend has poor packaging techniques, period....which led to my learning of his other bad qualities as a businessman.

I feel it my duty to at LEAST warn others to watch it when dealing with Ken, "if" you choose to deal with him. There are many "reputable" breeders out there, why go for the New Car Salesman?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!