Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
TakinANapster
Thanks Chris! Yes, I quarantined ;-)

Old 10-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #22
VegasBilly
Bias has nothing to do with it. We live in the same town and he was nice enough to take the time to help me out. I would not hesitate to call him out if warranted. Now, Jenny and you have taken this to a whole 'nother level implying Ken could be possibly selling other people's snakes as his own? A huge reach bordering on the paranoid and a tangent that blurs the initial complaints.

Cruised right by my comments on having your buddy make Ken jump through hoops sexing a big order merely to exact a small measure of glee as some form of payback. Speaks volumes to me. Do some research and learn how to sex them yourself, it will benefit you greatly in the long-run.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
deborahbroadus
I am going to go beyond the word "pettiness."

This is an unbelievably whining post! :lol:

Whinnnnne : He didn't put them in two separate bags after sexing them!! Whinnnnne because he didn't bag them separately, I had to pay a Vet to sex them (because I turned down his offer to return things for a do-over at my expense because I don't know how to sex, yet).

I think the breeder handled it professionally and I would do business with him if I were into Boas.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #24
LadyReptile
My husband bought 9 adult pacman frogs from ken last winter. I had a shipment of 5 and then a few weeks later a shipment of 4. It was less than 20 degrees when the frogs arrived with over a foot of snow on the ground.

Every frog lived and were warm in the box. I have never had a problem with kens packing or shipping. I know he doesn't drop ship. We buy from the same wholesalers so I would know.

If you have a problem with sexing the two rosy boas go on YouTube and type in snake probing. It will show you how by some of the top breeders. It's not hard at all. He may have thought you were experienced and put the snakes together. When you deal with wc and cb animals in the Same facility it is hard to keep mites away all the time. It does occur and its treatable.

You will need to figure out how to probe before you start producing babies because buyers are also going to want guaranteed sexes. So, the headache that Ken may have caused you can be looked at as a blessing in helping you down the road.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
deborahbroadus
I'm not going to touch the "mites" incident. Unless the breeder admits the possibility, it's entirely possible that the mites came from the buyer's own collection.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
hhmoore
I have paid for specific gendered snakes, received them in individually marked containers (bags, or delis), and found them to be wrong.
I have paid for a single, specific gendered snake, on multiple occasions, and found some to be wrong.
I have purchased multiple snakes of the same species, and some have come packaged singly, while others were packaged in groups.

In other words - if you care about the gender of the snake, always double check; and packing them together isn't the worst thing in the world.

I've purchased from Ken a couple of times; with varying levels of satisfaction with my purchases...though I will state that the one time there was a real problem, Ken made it right without hesitation. I honestly can't recall if any of the snakes I received from him had mites...and, while I won't go along with the statement that they are a typical part of buying snakes, I will agree that every new acquisition should be treated as if it had them.

In closing, I feel comfortable stating that you would be hard pressed to find any breeder/seller that would pay a vet fee for you to sex get your purchases probed. I'm not going to knock the fact that you haven't learned yet; but if you have breeding projects, it's time for you to learn.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #27
David Reid
I do not think Mites are ever acceptable, and would not consider complaining about getting mites whining. I ship my hatchlings in seperate containers, for a variety of reasons. Cannot think of one good reason to ship two snakes in one container, maybe lazy, maybe wanting to save money using one container and not two? If Ken admitted sending you mites, and brushed it off, I would say that is a good reason never to buy an animal from him.

Dave

Old 10-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
Wolfy-hound
You paid for a sexed pair of snakes and you got a sexed pair of snakes(the term doesn't mean the snakes will be labeled as which sex, it means that you recieve a male and a female, checked by the seller to be the correct sex). Unless you prove you did recieve a missexed snake, you have no case there at all.

All the emails seem fine to me. Nothing seems rude, insulting or degrading at all. The worst I see is his comment that he was unaware you could not sex. You must have a extremely thin skin to think those were insulting and demeaning.

Shipping in the same container would seem to me to be up to the shipper, although I prefer individual containers and most of my animals have arrived in individual containers.

However, mites are never acceptable. Not ever. I don't care if you have two snakes or two thousand snakes, CBB or imports. You should never ship out an animal infested with mites. RI is also treatable, and that's not acceptable, why should the fact that mites are treatable mean it's acceptable to receive an animal infested?

Please post your vet paperwork, or proof of the mites. You did say you have the new animals quarentined, but is there any other animals in quarantine also? Four days is a long time to not notice any mites.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #29
reticguy76
harald nailed it, i dont care who i get snakes from, i ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS double check sex. whether the snake(s) are from bob clark or john smith, you should always double check. and probably learning how to yourself would be very beneficial

Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #30
reticguy76
and the mites thing, it is not, nor should it ever, be a part of the hobby and buying an animals. if an animal has mites, you either take picture/video proof immediately and address the seller/breeder, or you suck it up and quarantine them (as you should anyway) and treat them yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!