Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #41
JCCS
Other than the snakes supposedly having mites, which I'm really not convinced of at this point, what did Ken lie about here? I don't see what Ken did intentionally wrong that you would doubt the snake's bloodlines. He overrated your knowledge of and experience with snakes, that's all I'm seeing. You've done nothing but try to cause harm to his business by talking about things that you have no idea about or evidence of.

Honestly, if you ever email me about a snake, I will politely refuse the sale, just not worth the trouble if you are offended by some minor oversight if I happened to make one. Everyone is human and makes mistakes, but I don't see any egregious ones here unless he did send you mites. After your snide comments on here, my confidence in that is pretty low.

Chris

Old 10-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
hhmoore
I ask these questions with all respect and seriousness....
- If they had been packaged separatedly, and labeled, would have taken his word the gender...or had them checked at some point?
= If you were going to take his word for the fact that they were male and female, how was that changed by not having them labeled; other than not knowing which was which NOW? (you've stated that you planned to learn how to probe, anyway; and that the vet doesn't charge you extra for charging extra snakes....it seems that you would have had ample opportunity to resolve the questions prior to them being bred)
If you were not going to take his word for it, again, what has changed by them being unlabeled?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand your frustration - probably better than most, considering the number of missexed snakes I've received over the years, and the number of times I've received mites - but I'm just not getting the fuss over the lack of labeling.

I would imagine that the prosthetic arm makes sexing snakes (along with numerous other things) a bit of a chore....and it certainly makes your reluctance more understandable.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #43
JCCS
You make a good point about the prostethic arm, Harald. On that note, I will take back my comments on the lack of experience deal, I'm sorry for that.

I still stand by my comments on the snide remarks about the possibility of drop shipping and such though.

Chris

Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #44
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
The only thing it had to do with this thread is Deborah called the issue petty. I don't call $40 petty. It's enough for me to eat on for a week.
I respectfully suggest that you give the snakes back and get a refund. Since I do understand the human need to eat.

I wouldn't be dropping money on snakes if my pocket wasn't deep enough that I had to worry that the lack of 40.00 would have me going hungry.

Come to think of it..snake food can cost that much!

I do get where you are coming from. I am not making light of the situation but there is NO situation. People pack their snakes according to their own procedure, and unless you asked SPECIFICALLY for them to be separated by sex then you have no case, imo.

Again, not touching the mite issue as it is unproven and I tend to need evidence in order to believe what people post on a forum.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #45
TakinANapster
It was not me that broght up the possibility of drop-shipping, I just said that I wouldn't doubt it, and I still don't. After speaking with Ken and trading emails with him....NOTHING would surprise me!

All this can be stated in one sentence:

Old 10-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #46
TakinANapster
"He messed up in shipping and would not fix the problem"....PERIOD.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #47
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
You make a good point about the prostethic arm, Harald. On that note, I will take back my comments on the lack of experience deal, I'm sorry for that.

I still stand by my comments on the snide remarks about the possibility of drop shipping and such though.

Chris
Sorry, I have friends in wheelchairs, with prosthetic arms, legs, etc. So, I am not going to view having a prosthetic arm as a extenuating circumstance. In case it hasn't been considered, I want to point out that he would still have to struggle with sexing any hatchlings that were produced.

If he feels that it's an issue (he might since he is the one that mentioned it), he may want to consider that he's in the wrong hobby.

Whatever you decide...good luck.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #48
TakinANapster
I can't afford to give them back. He wants ME to pay the return shipping of $57....

Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #49
deborahbroadus
Then apparently, I called it correctly in my FIRST post. But keep on, soon enough someone may offer to give you the money. lol

Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #50
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
"He messed up in shipping and would not fix the problem"....PERIOD.
No, he didn't package them the way you wanted...there's a difference.

You received a male and a female, there is no problem to fix. No, they weren't labeled; but that doesn't entitle you to ship them back for free. Had you received 2 males, instead of a pair, that would be a different story.
Sure, it would have been nice if he could have told you over the phone (or via email) which was which; but I would think you'd rather have the honest answer of I don't remember over him just randomly designating one based on your description. For all we know, he could have sent out several pairs, making it quite difficult to say which of them was the female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!