Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 AM   #61
Lucille
I think there's a fine line. We certainly don't want to chase people off. If the function of the BOI is to give readers choice, then sometimes all that is required is to provide a link to bad guy threads on the good guy thread they started. I've done that.
Sometimes you just know that readers will connect the dots, and if some buyer knowingly buys from a bad guy and you provide a string of bad guy links, you know that readers are going to think that buyer is an idiot.
Gotten flak from minions for doing links, don't care. Providing links to other bad guy BOI threads on a good guy thread (on the alleged good guy) is absolutely fair game. And if the minions start trash talking just over a link, then they are not some innocent, and my response can be more direct.
Some good guy threads are actually the bad guy himself in disguise, you know, the 'one post wonders' who come on here and say that the bad guy is the best seller ever. I've always felt that a little more direct response is permissible in those circumstances as well.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #62
Wilomn
mr. scalero acts the way he does, hounding those who dare to expose his crappy animals until they just give up. He's good at it because he has had to do so many many times. He counts on him being so unpleasant that people stop reading his stupid, and I mean stupid with all caps, excuses. The man is an idiot. This isn't an attack, it's plain and simple statement of fact. He's proven it himself time and again.

As far as folks not wanting to post for ... fear of whatever, well, sometimes life sucks. If you're too chicken to stand up to a cowardly thief like mr. scalero, then I guess you don't really deserve the help of those who would gladly be of assistance to you. If you've been wronged, stolen from, had you entire collection wiped out because you bought sick animals from mr. scalero, and you can't take the heat he and his cronies will give you, then this is not the place for you. No one can help you if you won't first help yourself by sharing what happened.

mr. scalero has not changed in over a decade. If anything, he's gotten worse.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #63
WebSlave
If there were to be a restriction against "bad guy" links or statements placed in a "good guy" thread, then this would also mean that there would necessarily have to be a restriction against "good" guy" links or posts made in rebuttal to a "bad guy" thread. So, would anyone REALLY want that? Suppose someone posts a completely bogus "bad guy" thread about YOU and no one would be allowed to dispute it within that thread. How are you going to feel about that turn of events?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #64
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
My only point is the way he goes after people. Almost to the point of making people not want to post due to his nonsense.
I'm not supporting bad guys but I won't stalk people who do.
I understand your point. sometimes an overly aggressive attack can be more of a detriment to the case and make people write that person off as a "troll," even if the attacker is not a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
I want to make clear the only Dan's a good guy poster I had a problem with was Kingpin. Mike knows full well about Dan and still deals with him on a large scale. I have considered buying from him on occasion and after reading this thread am so glad I didn't.

About the bullying thing, I just don't see it. If someone says they know someone's rep and still deals with them I think we should be able to ask them why. What constitutes an attack anyway? Pointing out Scolaro's many bad guy threads? Posting links to them? In other words, how far do we go to coddle people? The day someone like Scolaro is able to have unquestioned good guy threads on here is the day I'm out of here. (I know who cares, lol!)
I agree with your beef here. This is exactly how devastating diseases spread.

I don't agree with any sort of bullying, BUT, questioning why someone would deal with a person like Dan does not equate to bullying if done in a diplomatic manner. Avoiding (or recommending people avoid) someone who does business on a regular basis with a known bad guy like Dan does not equate to bullying either, it is quite the opposite; it is really like saying "this person may be selling illnesses purchased from Dan," better be safe than sorry.

Just an observation: If even the mention of Dan Scolaro brings out the worst in even the best of people, Why even consider buying from him?

Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #65
David Scarboro
Quote:
You seem to troll people who don't agree with you.
It's not your money so not your problem.
Everytime i read a post your there moaning and groaning.
Why not shut up about people spending there money how they choose.
Actually, it seems like you are doing the moaning and groaning here. You obviously have no comprehension of how the BOI works. Maybe no comprehension at all. And as far as shutting up,,, not gonna happen. Now crawl back off to where you came from.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #66
WebSlave
Warning: Cut the crap, please. You know who I am referring to.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #67
koboko
I have never had a problem with Dan and would recomend him any time.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #68
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Just so we are clear here, Dan Scolaro has been caught DOZENS of times. He sells sick animals, wild caught junk and parasite ridden animals. His responses to anyone who has a problem are legend. Please tell me how you could read all of his bad guy threads in which he hangs himself over and over and still buy from him?
Everyone get's it you don't have to keep repeating your tired complaining about people who bought from Dan or other seller's.
Last I checked this was the place for people to leave feedback be it good or bad on there transactions with others.
If you don't like the fact that people post their opinion then stop giving yours.
Yes I know you will have something to say but you'll get over it.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #69
jusmebabee
Quote:
Everyone get's it you don't have to keep repeating your tired complaining about people who bought from Dan or other seller's.
Last I checked this was the place for people to leave feedback be it good or bad on there transactions with others.
If you don't like the fact that people post their opinion then stop giving yours.
Yes I know you will have something to say but you'll get over it.
I copied and pasted from a old comment my apologies.
Not the first time and still can't figure out how i do this.
Nonetheless It's here for all eternity

Old 03-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #70
David Scarboro
Quote:
I copied and pasted from a old comment my apologies.
Not the first time and still can't figure out how i do this.
Nonetheless It's here for all eternity
If you are too stupid to do this right, maybe you should refrain from posting. I had left this thread, and you have dragged it up for what reason? It is obvious that you are trolling, so how about just put me on ignore and forget my name. Deal?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!