Bad Guy Dylan Henrich - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
Vithaxton
Dylan Henrich

Hi! I bought a baby retic from Dylan Henrich for $300 and looked it over and saw no mites, scale rot, or mouth rot and she looked fine but was very limp and sluggish. The owner called me when I was on my way to pick her up last minute to tell me she might be sick with a respiratory infection and that she wasn't the best eater. The owner had to swim to safety with her through the Houston hurricane so she'd been through a lot and was pretty stressed. She didn't have heat for a day of two until I bought her and housed her in a proper enclosure. When I got home and handled her I noticed a large bump in her back. It was hard to find so I didn't notice it at first. You can't even tell it's there except from a side view. It feels like hard bone. I called the guy back and he told me it was an enlarged vertebrae that she'd grow out of and wouldn't effect breeding or eating. I had never heard of this and was puzzled. I could tell it wasn't a kink because I've seen super cinny's and felt their kinks. Of course he didn't tell me about it till I noticed it. I asked for the breeders info so I could speak to him directly which he then replied he got her from a friend. But I've seen many posts of retics and Burmese on his Instagram account so I know he has to buy them from someone. After a couple days I talked with a lot of retic breeders that told me she would be unbreedable and she would not grow out of her back issue and it was most likely a birth defect. I made a post about it on Facebook and the seller responded and was hugely upset with me. I gave him almost 3 weeks to come up with the $300 and he said he would refund me and then he changed his mind and said he wouldn't refund me because he was not a breeder or seller. He told me in person he bred snakes and I saw his baby blood pythons as well. I'll send some pics of our messages so there is proof of what happened between us! I don't want anyone getting ripped off like this. And to put a cherry on top he made me drive to him during the hurricane to pick her up because he threatened to sell her to other people -.- He's been ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Vithaxton

Old 09-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
Vithaxton
Had to repost this since I forgot to list the sellers name in the subject even though I listed it in the post. The original post is locked even though the administrator could have simply unlocked it and I could have edited it so I didn't have to go through such lengths to download all the pictures over my cellular data. I swear sometimes it's more of a hassle to report being ripped off then just not telling anyone

Old 09-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
Vithaxton
Actually admins can't edit a post apparently so I had to repost it. I'm just really frustrated with this whole situation.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
I hate to add to your frustration even more, but you will need to attach all images via the attachment function to avoid an infraction. We aim to keep these things permanently in the site record. This enduring feature of the BOI means it is available long into the future instead of being at the mercy of an external host's fluctuations.

Instructions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 09-18-2017, 12:00 AM   #6
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I hate to add to your frustration even more, but you will need to attach all images via the attachment function to avoid an infraction. We aim to keep these things permanently in the site record. This enduring feature of the BOI means it is available long into the future instead of being at the mercy of an external host's fluctuations.

Instructions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Lol I'm on it!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
Vithaxton
Unhappy

After reading all those steps and having no clue how to do any of that just delete this post and let him keep ripping people off. Its not worth all of that. I don't even think I can do that on my apple laptop. Plus I have to post all my pictures through tap talk for them to even show up on this site. Uploading pictures on to the site doesn't work on any of my computers which is why I got the app tap talk. If anyones willing to do that I can send them the pictures if not then its just not worth the hassle at this point.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #8
tlmoon
So the bump was hardly noticeable - it sounds like you checked the snake over first and didn't see it? Is it possible that the seller was not aware of it either? I can see your frustration since you want to breed the snake, but not all sellers are like walmart - if you've been notified up front of problems with the snake (he told you about the other issues) and you have inspected the snake, they may consider the sale to be final.

I agree that if a breeder purposely hid a back problem from you, that is not ok. However, it sounds like he told you about the other issues so why would he lie about the back problem? I'm just wondering if he knew about it, since it was so hard to discern and I can imagine he was distracted by being flooded out by a hurricane.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #9
Vithaxton
He told me that the snake might have a respiratory infection or be sick when I was 10 minutes away from picking her up and that she was barely moving and hadn't had heat for a while. I thought that was a red flag but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. I've rescued snakes before from near death and have always had great success so I figured this wouldn't be hard to deal with and it wasn't. The back issue however was fully ignored in her list of problems and he knew she had the issue he just didn't mention it. Once I noticed it I informed him about it and he said the breeder told him it was an enlarged vertebrae and was nothing to worry about. I didn't trust him at this point and asked for the breeders info so I could message the breeder directly. He never replied and when he did he said he got it from an old friend but it had originally come from a breeder. He told me the retic would grow out of the enlarged vertebrae and would be fine to breed. Which isn't true. He then went back on his word and said he never told me she would grow out of it. Another thing is when I asked him about her back he said it could have happened in the storm when he was leaving his house even though he had told me she was born with it. I understand not all breeders are walmart but your telling me if you wanted to buy a snake for breeding purposes and found out you paid for a snake that would never be able to breed and you wouldn't get a refund you'd be ok with that?

Old 09-18-2017, 01:24 AM   #10
Vithaxton
Long story short this entire issue could have been avoided if he had been upfront and told me about the back issue or even posted it in his ad. I never buy snakes with kinks or birth defects personally and would never consider breeding them. Personally I don't think it matters if its barely noticeable or largely noticeable a defect is a defect but thats just me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!