How do you leave feedback for someone? Trader Rating not working - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Yaz23
How do you leave feedback for someone? Trader Rating not working

I recently sold some cages to someone and we are both trying to figure out how to leave feedback for one another but when either of us tries it won’t allow us. I'm referring to the 'trader rating' when you complete a transaction you can leave the person a feedback. It's not working for me and the buyer. When I click her ‘trader rating’ link next to her User ID name and then click “submit feedback for …” so I can leave her a feedback, It says this:
Yaz23, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can anyone help?? I have no idea whats going on. Thanks so much!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Mistyck
You have to be a paid member in order to leave feedback or trader ratings.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Yaz23
Ohhh ok, thanks! How much do you have to contribute? Is it just one time or is it a requirement to do it every month or anually or something? Just trying to grab some info, sorry : )

Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Yaz23
K, got it. Thanks so much for the quick responses! : )

Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
RJK890
I understand that having the trader rating system "pay to play" is an attempt to encourage members to contribute to this site.

However, I would like to point something out.
I just completed a transaction with a Contributing member.
He left me positive feedback in the trader ratings.

I have not renewed my paid membership at this time and can not leave him positive feedback in the trader ratings.

That just seems bass ackwards to me.

I am able to be left positive feedback, and receive trader rating points as a non contributing member.
The contributing member, that paid his dues is not able to get the credit that he deserves for our transaction.

On a whole nother' subject:
Has anyone else noticed that Chris@TSE still has the #4 all time leading trader rating?

The trader rating system could be improved, IMO.
(Especially if the BOI goes away.)

Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
I understand that having the trader rating system "pay to play" is an attempt to encourage members to contribute to this site.

However, I would like to point something out.
I just completed a transaction with a Contributing member.
He left me positive feedback in the trader ratings.

I have not renewed my paid membership at this time and can not leave him positive feedback in the trader ratings.

That just seems bass ackwards to me.

I am able to be left positive feedback, and receive trader rating points as a non contributing member.
The contributing member, that paid his dues is not able to get the credit that he deserves for our transaction.

On a whole nother' subject:
Has anyone else noticed that Chris@TSE still has the #4 all time leading trader rating?

The trader rating system could be improved, IMO.
(Especially if the BOI goes away.)
Sure... So tell me how well the trader ratings would work if ANYONE could vote on it simply by registering here. How would you like it if a single person with a gripe about you registered 20 false names here and slammed you with 20 negative ratings. Who would you come to wanting to fix THAT problem?

Thanks, but no thanks. The way it is now is not perfect, but so far any alternative considered would be even less perfect.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
RJK890
"I see, said the blind man."
That makes perfect sense Rich.

I would suggest that anyone could leave positive feedback, and only contributing members could leave negative feedback, but it is not hard to see that method being abused in order to pump up trader ratings either.

I guess someone would really have to be pissed at another member in order to pay to register 20 names and tag their trader rating.

I guess although it has the down side of non contributing members being able to receive positive feedback, and not for contributing members to be able to get the credit that they deserve from non contributing members, it seems that you have it set up the best possible way.

Sorry for taking up your time.
Thanks,
-Rob

Old 09-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
WebSlave
This sort of thing is what the Feedback Forum is for.

Seriously, though, I do try to thoroughly think through anything I do here. But realistically somethings are completely unknowable in advance and just have to be tried and then review the results. Some will work, and some won't. Those that don't work get changed or discarded. Anyone who has been here for a number of years has witnessed this process taking place.... And certainly it's not over with yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!