Reticulated With Care - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #21
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNTItRUST
Thanks for proving my point Will, you just proved that their are more children in the "professional Herp world" then adults. If the animal was not up to par then why take it? Why not report it to the person in charge of the raffle. It goes back to my point is there something personal against who put the snake up? How do YOU know that there was not a perfectly good snake taken and the one pictured is different? You don't, you go off of the word of others. I merely pointed out that there is 2 sides to every story. And if you look closely one is nearly a lavender retic and one is orange and the pixelation is way different, but then again, it does not matter because the negative opinions have already been formed. So in that case, Laura "keep up that banter!!!!" because we are in an adult world here.....
Well Rob,

First, I don't think it is a coincidence that you are from So. Cal and here defending this snake. Second, how did I " prove that their are more children in the "professional Herp world" then adults"??? Last time I checked I am 9 years older than you. Are you saying Michael has a personal vendetta against the person he got the snake from? Are you offering a second side to this story? If you are, then speak up and quit beating around the bush. Was this your retic or a friends? If you look at the patterns on the neck of the snake they are identical in ALL OF THE PICTURES!! You are not talking to people that decided to wake up and be snake experts for the day!

Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #22
Bill & Amy
By the way my name is not Will!!

Old 01-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #23
Rakshasanyc
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point Will, you just proved that their are more children in the "professional Herp world" then adults.
Hmmmm...

The OP said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyard
Pet America in Fullerton, CA. They donated him. When I am truley satisfied with his health and growth I will be sending them pics and info, along with my thoughts on them pawning off a snake in this condition to someone else. I think the little guy is happy I took him.
Then "Rob" shows up and starts implying that Junkyard is lying, that these are two different animals, etc. "Rob" has never posted anything else before; he joined a few days ago and seems to have found his way to this forum. I suppose that "Rob" has nothing to do with Pet America in Fullerton, California -- even though he just happens to be in southern California.

*sniff* *sniff* Methinks I smell a sockpuppet here.

Me also thinks that this thread may belong on the Board of Inquiry, so that people can see Pet America in action for themselves.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #24
Bill & Amy
Quote:
I have done a lot of purchases with herps and I lose some and some live, it kind of goes with the way the world turns. (i.e. some animals and people live and some don't per say)
I can't say how much this quote ps me off!!

Old 01-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #25
aNTItRUST
Dont remember calling anyone a liar, but you can read into it howvever you feel... Matters none to me, and as I stated in all of my post 'William" I am merley trying to have you people look at both sides of the story. I have "0" affiliation with any place, anyone or anything and could really care less about what upsets you, it happens to be fact and thats the way the world turns. Whoever has the grammtical issue and is playing with their sock puppet should really do whatever they feel is right. I stated this whole time I am not taking sides I am just trying to show that everyone was going off of one side of the story. Unless I am brought back into this thread I will generously leave with this last question.. Laura stated that there should be more members like "junkyard" is it in the SCHA, I guess, so why would she allow an alleged unhealthy snake go out, tell me..... WHO HAS THE VENDETTA???

Old 01-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
How do YOU know that there was not a perfectly good snake taken and the one pictured is different? You don't, you go off of the word of others.
Well, I have to give you that one... I was nowhere near that auction, or Cali for that matter. But for what reason would Michael post pics of a different snake? He wasn't trying to get his money back, he wasn't here bashing the company that supplied it to the auction, he wasn't doing anything that would provide cause to question his motives. Your motives, on the other hand, I have to wonder about - you have 4 posts since registering, all of them in this thread...what made you pick this one to offer another side of (for our enlightenment, of course)?
Quote:
And if you look closely one is nearly a lavender retic and one is orange and the pixelation is way different, but then again, it does not matter because the negative opinions have already been formed.
I don't know anything about pixelation, but I did go back and take a few good long hard looks at the pics...lavender?? orange?? (psychodelics??) The colors match, the pattern matches - to my eye, the photos are of the same snake. But you are almost right - I am starting to form a negative opinion here

Old 01-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #27
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Dont remember calling anyone a liar, but you can read into it howvever you feel...
Did you or did you not say the snakes in the pictures were not the same snakes? What does that imply to the person that posted the snakes and said they were the same?

Quote:
Matters none to me, and as I stated in all of my post 'William" I am merley trying to have you people look at both sides of the story.
Then why come here and not give a second side to the story? You obviously think you know more than whats being said.

Quote:
Laura stated that there should be more members like "junkyard" is it in the SCHA, I guess, so why would she allow an alleged unhealthy snake go out, tell me..... WHO HAS THE VENDETTA???
This to me says you know who Laura is and possibly even Michael. So to answer the question I would say YOU DO!!

Old 01-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #28
Rakshasanyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I don't know anything about pixelation, but I did go back and take a few good long hard looks at the pics...lavender?? orange?? (psychodelics??) The colors match, the pattern matches - to my eye, the photos are of the same snake. But you are almost right - I am starting to form a negative opinion here
According to "Rob"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antitrust
The idea of 2 different photos comes from my background in photgraphy.
I'd be interested in hearing how he arrived at the conclusion that these were (or might be) two different snakes. I'm not a professional photographer, but I'm a fairly knowledgeable amateur, and I also have intermediate-level knowledge of Photoshop. If he can share his reasoning with us, I can certainly follow along.

Of course, I think it's abundantly clear just who has an agenda in this thread, and what that agenda is. Once again we see the truth of the old adage, "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt..."

Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #29
Laura Fopiano
Angry Gee rob

I don't remember asking for your comments or advice, were you there?? I think not!

Maybe if you stick around for a while, you will see a lot of this type of "pawning off" of sick imports, not only on raffle tables, but on other sights as sales, to the unsuspecting public in general.

And as far as "the way the world turns" I don't know what planet you're on, but my planet, planet earth, we in the reptile comunity applaud those who try to make a bad situation better, try to rehab an obviously sick animal, and had this been a purchase, it would be on the BOI, where there would be much more "banter" than here.

Maybe you should read more and type less, because your oppinion means nothing to me unless you were there...........

Old 01-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #30
Cat_72
You know, it TRULY saddens me to see a simple thread about a wonderful kindness done for this animal by Michael, only to have someone take it off on a tangent and turn it into something so completely WRONG. Michael, if nothing else, had the heart to make this snakes last days on earth probably the most comfortable and humane he had ever had..............and Rob thinks he has a hidden agenda? Come on, get real.

As for the whole conspiracy/vendetta theory, and the comment about that being "how the world goes round".......it just plain makes me ill. People with the attitude that, "some live, some die" shouldn't be in the animal business. True, some will and do not make it, but if there were more people that care as much as Michael do in this business, a whole lot less animals would have to die.

The attacks on both Bill and Laura were uncalled for as well........why do YOU have such a problem with these people, Rob??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!