The Colombian Black, Or Colombian Black n White - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
varnyard
The Colombian Black, Or Colombian Black n White

The Colombian Black, Or also called the Colombian Black n White. Here are some pictures of the Colombian tegu. There is another color to these tegus as well, the Colombian Gold. The Colombian tegus are much harder to tame. They also do not show the intelligence of the Argentine tegus.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
ErnieM
Well, then, maybe that answers the question I posed to you in a recent email...is the Colombian Tegu a good lizard for my nine year old (always supervised, of course!)? After reading this and some other information, I am thinking I should hold out for an Argentine B & W. What do y'all think?

Old 05-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #3
varnyard
Sorry, I have been real busy.

The Argentines make much better pets by far. They tame down more. I would recommend the Argentine tegu for your son. The Colombians tend to be harder to tame.

The one in this picture is tame now. But that does not mean he will stay this way. As he grows older he may not be tame at all. Argentines get more tame with age. I have over 50 reptiles now, my Argentine tegus are the only ones I would call 100% child safe.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
xxx6thirty6
yea columbians are devils

Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
ErnieM
Thanks...I will definitely act on this advice.

Ernie

Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
angelrose
colombian tegus

Angelrose is my baby, she is with me for three years now. eats right from hand. she is a character tho. favorite place to hang out is in the kitchen.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
ApriliaRufo
It's not so much that they are devils. Columbians are different.They are much more wild. Capable of understanding you're not a threat after awhile, but not really able to view you as an aid. My tegus see me as something to look forward to, they either get some attention, get to explore, get to eat, get to harrass my cat, or get to bask in the front yard while pa does some woodwork. They quickly become the center of attention to your neighbors, friends, and family, and become the receptor of the family love VERY quickly. I come home to kiss the tegus before the fiancee. I honestly call them "the kids". I make turkey, shark steak, papaya souflee for the tegus, and fix top Ramen for myself. THey are amazing and you will spoil them rotten. The personalities are incredible, and anyone who debates that they are capable of personality is crazy and should come meet APollo. He's a drama king, a sweet heart, and complete HAM! Hold out and nab one of Bobby's tegs. I like the B&W more (good thing they can't read) than my red, and still await to delve into the Chacoan, and possibly a blue, but from what I've seen, they are a little defensive like COlumbians. Good luck Ernie, you're in for a wild ride Mr. Toad.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
angelrose
colombian tegus

I understand what you guys are saying about the colombian and your right. I like some a little wild and I am looking for some just like APollo by the way eats much better then you do but they are our babies, right. as you know I have been at the varnyard reading and learning a l o t.
I am sold. I am going to get in touch with Bobby sometime this week.
I will tell him you referred me
and thank you as always

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!