Add site not working - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
icyshadowz
Add site not working

Everytime i try to add my site it says Page not found

Old 10-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah, I got tired of deleting the spam links put on there, so I just renamed the program. Until I can get around to putting in code to wipe the spam crap, use this URL to add your link: http://www.faunatopsites.com/edit_pass.cgi

Sorry, but the spammers are just getting way out of control on the net. Or maybe the reverse.. maybe they are now IN control...

Old 10-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
icyshadowz
i know about that one i was having the same problem with my forums I hate those guys so much

Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
icyshadowz
OK now i go there and try to add it and it says page not found for the edit.cgi

Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
icyshadowz
i just looked it over and its going back to the same page that i was trying to get around

Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
WebSlave
Sorry.... I'll deal with this when I have some time to do so. Maybe later tonight....

Old 10-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
icyshadowz
hey its all good as long as i can do it thats all that matters just send me a reply when its fixed thanks

Old 10-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
WebSlave
Well, honestly, I am thinking hard about just going to a different script entirely for the FaunaTopSites program. The one I am using has some notable deficiences, the most glaring of which is the lack of any spam blocks whatsoever. There are others, which are more minor, but honestly, I think it may just be time for me to move on to something else.

Problem is that the data in the old system will not be transportable to the new system and ALL current members would have to sign up again for the new system. Unless I can locate a programmer who would be willing to tackle such a job. But I doubt it would be worth the money I would have to spend to do that.

The biggest chore is going to be making up a bunch of new banner icons. Unless I decide to recycle the old ones, which quite frankly, I am just tired of seeing.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know my thoughts on this. I'll post more on this site once I make a decision about what I want to do.

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
icyshadowz
Well if thats the case then ill join when you redo it yea your better off doing that im kinda a programer no to the extent of this but it really wouldnt be worth the cost i would just start over it will be the same site and banners for you or you changeing that too

Old 10-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
scalyskins
Webslave,

email me at mike at scaly skins.com and we can talk about the programming you need done. I think a good PHP and MySQL database system would be rather easy to do.

We can also talk about moving the existing data into a new system...... I am also willing to work for trade

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!