Legality of Eastern or Texas indigo snake in Ky. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Tim Cole
That would be an expensive effort since they cost about $800 and up.

I don't believe TP&W would approve either for a variety of reasons.

Your best bet is to keep brush and other debris away from the cabin and to educate the children.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
bmwdirtracer
Hello, Jenny,
I have lived for 11 years in Terlingua, west of you a bit; no Indigos there, but tons of rattlesnakes.

I'm sorry to say that TPW isn't likely to allow you to relocate Indigos to aid with rattlesnakes. Depending on where in South Texas, the Indigos might not be happy anyway, and might die, if outside their natural range; and the Indigos will utilize a huge area for their homeland, meaning that they might just leave your 22 acres, after you paid a bunch of money for them.

I'd suggest that you consider training a couple of good dogs to raise a fuss when they see a snake -- I had two such dogs that alerted me, but kept their distance, when I lived in West Texas - and I'd come out with the 5 gallon bucket, and a hook, and transport the rattlers a few miles away for release. It was pretty easy to teach the dogs to alert, but stay clear.

(Don't kill the rattlesnakes; that would be bad snake karma - just move them)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
drymarchon, eastern indigo snake, indigo, kentucky, texas