Andre Gennaro, amg20102006@yahoo.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #41
albinoballpythons
thank you all i have a good idea

Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 AM   #42
PaulSage
Andre, don't get me wrong, I see nothing bad about trying to raise money to buy some snakes... but like others have pointed out, certain ads and circumstances raise a few eyebrows. Heck, you're not even old enough to be a legally paid employee in Wisconsin, so it's not like you have a lot of options for saving up $ to afford what you want. I have to give you some credit for finding a way to make money, and if that's picking up some equipment for a price lower than what you can sell it for, then that's what you've gotta do.

Anyway, I'm sure you know there are plenty of 'scammers' out there looking for their next victim to take advantage of. Unfortunately, your ad for the cages appeared similar to ones where a product is advertised for sale even though the seller doesn't actually have it in his/her possession. That's probably why you were asked for a picture. When it comes to avoiding getting ripped off, pictures really are worth a 1000 words since they offer proof and validate the content of the ad. So, it just so happened that your ad might be looked upon as suspicious by someone who's been around for a while, and knows what to look for in a bogus ad... that's all.

I apologize for the remark about mowing my lawn, it wasn't fair. Besides, Appleton is at least 2 hours from Madison. ...but the guy that's currently mowing my lawn does indeed leave a lot of room for improvement

Good luck with your endeavours.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:03 AM   #43
Rockford
HA HA!! You guys are all hella funny!!!

Really you all should take a good look at your childish behaviour. I couldn't believe some of these posts. The kid is 13. There is a right and a wrong way to teach our youth and this thread certainly shows the level of maturity and lack of compassion you "adults'' have.

If you want to be a successful business person you can have ethics and be honest at the same time. You don't have to be cruel idiots to teach that to a 13 year old kid.

You can blast me all you want.....I am getting real sick of way some of you folks act. THERE IS A RIGHT WAY AND A WRONG WAY OF CALLING FOLKS OUT! Some need a little more snap and crackle with the whip but this kid isn't a Sal, Serpentboy or any other tard. He's just a young kid that doesn't know any better.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #44
devenomized
"Jesus guys, lay off him. Some of you are acting like you are the 13 year olds."

It only took 9 pages for someone to realize who is the "real" 13 year old.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #45
daniel1983
Andre, I figure I could contribute a bit since I started all of this.

I do have some advice for you:
1. Change your user profile to show that you are 13 years old so people can know whom they are dealing with right away.
2. Do not try to sell any items until they are in your possession.
3. If you can, get someone over the age of 18 to 'broker' the deals that you make.
4. Keep interest in herps.... because they are awesome

You seem like a good kid and from some of your other posts on this site you seem to really be interested in ball pythons (ha...especially pastels). Sorry, I did not intend for you to be 'treated like an adult' by some of the people here. I am glad to see some are trying to help you understand the way to conduct business. Good luck in your endeavors.

--Daniel

Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #46
MGReptiles
Well I ahve had a run in with this little guy just this past week. I asked for proof of age over and over again and he would not give it to me.. RED FLAG!! Then he posts about me on here that I will not sell to him...hahahaha NOPE SURE WILL NOT LITTLE HOBBIT!!!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #47
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
Well I ahve had a run in with this little guy just this past week. I asked for proof of age over and over again and he would not give it to me.. RED FLAG!! Then he posts about me on here that I will not sell to him...hahahaha NOPE SURE WILL NOT LITTLE HOBBIT!!!
Matt, that was a very insensitive remark....not at all fair to hobbits!

Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #48
albinoballpythons
so you wont sell to me even if i have my mom talk to you?

Old 07-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #49
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoballpythons
After you posted a half truth about him in the form of a bad guy I would not blame him one iota if he blocked your e-mail address permanently. But heh, I'm not Matt.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #50
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoballpythons

With your track record so far I would suggest one of your parents supervise any and all transactions you make. You could try having your mom call Matt and see what happens.

Also it might be a good idea to have a proof of age image scanned somewhere on your computer for easy access. That way you can send it to them along with a statement from your parents saying that you have permission to engage in said transaction. A phone# to reach your parents for verification will work wonders too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!