Kelly Reggie - Caught in a SCAM! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #91
Nirvana
I may well be just missing something, but -- this woman has been shown to operate under any number of pseudonyms, correct? So then it is probably safe to assume that "Kelly Reggie" is not her real name either...? In this case, might she have a difficult time proving that she was not up to something fishy, since she used a fake name? What are the laws surrounding the use of obvious pseudonyms for business transactions?

My apologies if I missed something on this...

Old 02-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #92
KNOBTAIL
They are no different

than people making up names for the reptile business! They change it like the weather. Its not illegal. Nor is the fact that a he may be a she.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #93
Chameleon Company
You are on the right track Kitt

Quote:
quote from Nirvana (Kitt)
.......... In this case, might she have a difficult time proving that she was not up to something fishy, since she used a fake name? What are the laws surrounding the use of obvious pseudonyms for business transactions?
All of Kelly Reggie's (or Reggie Kelly's, etc.) posturing in an email about an attorney, etc, is about as close to folly as it gets. With the track record that we know of, she is much more than "something fishy", and she would probably melt like the Wicked Witch of the West if she even got within a block of a Courthouse, much less swore on a Bible. That's part of the humor here, in that she has so compromised herself by her past actions, that she literally has no firm legal standing in a civil suit involving misrepresentations. Jason could continue to challenge her to "sue me" in every venue known to man, and she (or he) can't go there. She can't even come to this forum, or any other, and attempt to tarnish him, as the floodgates would open wide and she would be buried. Good scammers know when the gig is up, and its time to move on. You can bet that Kelly has learned from this, and will minimize the possibility that this can be done to them next time. No doubt that much of the $1800 was already spent, promised, etc, and Kelly has had to do some "Hummanna Hummanna". I'm sure we all feel her pain.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #94
kmurphy
It
Quote:
might be in KCRD’s best interest not to give her any more ideas on how to handle this situation (starting with myself!).
I have to say this has been one of the more interesting threads we've had in a while. The debate between you guys was great. I agree with Dan though, you may have provided Kelly with ideas she wouldn't have thought of on her own.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #95
hhmoore
I sent an email to what I suspect is her new ReptileAuction ID, as I said I would earlier in this thread. Interestingly enough, I got no response, lol (though that is not proof by any means).
She was teamed up with a male for at least one of her prior identities, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to play lawyer. If you should hear from her attorney, I would recommend just directing him/her to yours.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:08 AM   #96
KCRD.com
Well I think this is over....

She has made arrangments for me to ship them back at her expense. They will be shipped out on Thursday for a Friday delivery. This was hell of a mess. I will also be shipping her the deli cup full of dead ticks since she doesn't beleive there were any ticks on the snakes. I have photographed the ticks so there is no question as to where they came from.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #97
KNOBTAIL
I hope that her

next target does not end up here in the BOI.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #98
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Well I think this is over....
Yes, it might be over for you and for her, but there's a group of snakes though that will be shipped again for the "nth" time since they were captured in Africa.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #99
Chameleon Company
Boasnkc, as Dan has alluded too ..

She is making the $100 investment to have the snakes returned as she will turn them into an $1800 sale somewhere else, and as Jerrry points out, may be a new BOI thread in the making. Sending them back to her may be unfortunately the likely best option for you as well. She is getting a bonus, as with the removal of the ticks, it will be easier for her to misrepresent them the next time. Let us not forget that this person is alleged to have conducted numerous scams, misrepresentations, outright theft, etc. Which only brings me to one last curiosity when you say this:

Quote:
I will also be shipping her the deli cup full of dead ticks since she doesn't beleive there were any ticks on the snakes.
No, she knows the ticks were there. What she may have done is convinced you that she was oblivious to them, which is just part of the charade, for she surely was not. If she has a care about them, its only that she missed removing them before she sent them to you, and if she has any true desire to see them, it is only to know what others will be looking for when she sends out her garbage again. While the ultimate decision is yours, there are more than a few that believe that the right thing to do was to keep all the snakes, or at least until she reimbursed you for your tick-removing, housing and feeding, etc. And your by-the-hour rate should have been the highest. This person deserves no quarter, no favor, and no comfort. All that said, I sincerely hope that others learn by your heads-up action in this entire event.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #100
KCRD.com
I understand....

Hopefully though the next person that buys from her or at least attempts to buy from her will do a search here. I had to ship them back as I gave her two options and she accepted one of them. I don't agree or like the idea of her telling me they are already sold but unfortunatly that's the way this business is. These snakes were here for almost two full weeks and none of them ate. Oddly enough they are being shipped to an address in Georgia. Probably the same person that has been running scams with her all this time.

I argued with myself about keeping them but I just didn't feel right doing it. Although she is a lying, stealing, crook I beleive she will get what's due to her all in time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!