Kelly Reggie - Caught in a SCAM! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #71
Chameleon Company
Do we call thieves "compulsive" liars, or just recognize them as deliberately dishonest? And she almost got you !

Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #72
Dennis Hultman
What I am saying

The address you provided for Kelly Reggie

Kelly Reggie
401 S 14th Ave
Hollywood FL 33020

Is the same address for

Elena Egidi
401 S 14th Ave
Hollywood FL 33020
(954) 923-3331

You can read all about the name Elena Egidi in the Bearded pet’s thread.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #73
Dennis Hultman
Bearded Pets thread
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=32858
First mentioning of Elena Egidi is in post #302

Doing a search on Egidi another address is found in Georgia
Elena Egidi
2057 Alcovy Trace Way
Lawrenceville GA 30045

Also doing a search on the reported owners of bearded pets
Jonathan and Carolyn Laperchia,( Jon posted on this forum as Jon Trunk), this address was listed

Same address as Elena Egidi in Georgia.

Jonathan and Carolyn Laperchia
2057 Alcovy Trace Way
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
Also
Please read the Emily Fegan thread
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=73464

Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 PM   #74
KCRD.com
At a loss for words.....

I don't really know what to say about this. I think more than ever now this really upsets me that these people or person is out making a bad name for internet business for those of us that try to keep things honest and fair.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 AM   #75
ByRandom
I would honestly love to hear a recording if you were to call and ask for Elena. I've read many threads about the woman, it's amazing that she is not in prison. Jason, bless your lucky stars that you were able to cancel payment before it was in her grubby little mitts.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #76
Chameleon Company
Josh,
We all wish that folks such as this could be quickly scooped up by law enforcement, and that the proverbial key would be put in f/t rat and fed to a boa with very strong digestive juices. However, the dollar amounts involved, $1-3K at a time, the use of the internet with most victims being out-of-state, and the fact that the authorities always have bigger-fish-to-fry, makes it a smaller blip on the radar. Not that they are lax in their priorities, but investigators hope that the overall "buyer-beware" obligations of the buying public will help to address the problem, and their unwritten response usually includes a dose of "I hope you will be smarter next time you buy". It is still good to always file a report, and I have worked with more than one detective or officer who had a pet python, etc, and made the event "personal".

Old 02-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #77
Chameleon Company
Josh,
One thing to add, which is very significant to anyone's concerns about legalities and criminal intent here. This particular incident, and all like it, would only constitute a criminal offense if one could prove fraud. Its just not going to happen, as neither the police, or in most cases the victim, are in a position to push that issue. Otherwise, its just a case for civil litigation, as snakes were shipped, and the issue is whether or not they were sufficiently and accurately represented, referred to "as ordered". The scammers know this, and so long as they can change identities on the internet, they know that there's a next target out there who won't be "buyer beware" savvy enough. The "almost victim" here demonstrated excellent last-minute intuition, for as soon as something seemed wrong, he pulled the plug, and not a minute too soon.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #78
KNOBTAIL
Until we have

some kind of accountability with licencing to at least validate the legitimacy of whom we are dealing with, this field will continue to attract the worst kind of scam artist, quick buck thief, etc.

Chamco, you are correct, Josh was lucky, and his intuition served him well because he basically had the machinery set up , and well oiled before hand ,to deal with this loser . But others will not be so fortunate, and as you indicated, this person will not stop until its brought to the attorney generals office, and a complaint is filed by several people. At that point it is no longer an isolated situation gone wrong, but a very well attempt to commit fraud. Mail, as well as Internet. Although I am no longer affiliated with law enforcement, Fla. knows how to deal with these kinds of people. The best way to begin is to notify the Fish and Wildlife. If she is selling, she has to have a permit in this state. Its a beginning!

Old 02-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #79
KCRD.com
Latest Email from Kelly or whom ever she is......

Jason,
You don't return my phone calls or my emails, so this is obviously a well thought out plan to rip me off. In Kansas a money order is considered a check, stopping payment on a check when you were just about to receive the merchandise then accepting delivery knowing that you stopped the money orders is theft.
I have contacted the Kansas City Police the day I found out the money orders were stopped.

I either want my 13 female ball pythons that you stole or the cost of the ball pythons as stated in our deal which is $1,800.
If you do not respond to this email, or answer my phone calls you must know you have done something wrong.

Kelly Reggie

I have to point out that she still thinks she only shipped me 13 snakes when there was 14 in the box.

Here is my reply to her:

Kelly,

I too have contacted the Hollywood, Florida police department and along with some investigating of my own I have found out that you do business under approximately 5 different aliases all coming back to the address in Florida as well as an address in Georgia. You are fooling no one and this transaction has been made public in the BOI on FaunaClassifieds. I gave you five days worth of emails notice to not ship the ball pythons since I didn’t receive them on the Friday they were supposed to come. I have also made it very clear to you that when I did receive the snakes, unexpectedly I might add, that they were nothing like you described. I have photos of the snakes as well as the several ticks that I pulled from them after receiving them. You mentioned early in the deal that these were to be babies that you raised and that you had them since they were all 90-100 grams. I really hope you don’t have a tick infestation in your personal collection. You also mentioned that they were all over 1000 grams and that 3 were even over 2000 grams. None of them were over 2000 grams and 3 were less than 1000 grams. I have received notice that you have called to threaten my bank with a law suite due to the stop payments on the money orders. You will be very disappointed with that outcome should you decide to do that. I have given you several emails with the options you have in finishing this mess. Option 1 is to take them back at your expense as they were never to be shipped in the first place. By doing this you will have to forward me payment for the cost of shipping which will be $145 via’ DHL. I will only ship them back this way so that you don’t try to pull another fast one and try to stick me with the shipping. Option 2 is to sell them to me for the amount I have offered which is $20 per snake totaling $280, this is the going wholesale rate for wild caught ball pythons of this size and quantity.

You really should have done a little more home work on whom you were trying to rip off. I have been in this business too long for me not to notice a crook when I see one. I knew something was up when you didn’t reply back to me with a tracking number on the Thursday they were to have been shipped originally. I emailed you Friday they were supposed to come all the way through the following Tuesday to let you know not to ship them and you did it anyway. Feel free to comment on the thread on the BOI so that all 1500 people that have read about your scams will see how you really are. I also must tell you that all of the emails that have been sent and received from you have been copied and forwarded to my attorney in case you decide to take this to the next level. If I have not heard from you by the end of the day on the 23rd of February I will be taking them to Texas to hand over to a business partner of mine where he will begin the rehabilitation process of these animals. Once this happens, if you decide to take them back you will be billed for each dose of Wormer and each meal they are given as well as $10 per day per animal for water and electricity.

Just so that you know, none of these snakes have successfully taken a meal, live or pre-killed since I have received them. Also when you call me leave me a message including your phone number.

Thanks,

Jason Hormann
KCRD.com
Owner/Operator

Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #80
Chameleon Company
Talking Jason,

Quote:
Jason,
You don't return my phone calls or my emails, so this is obviously a well thought out plan to rip me off. In Kansas a money order is considered a check, stopping payment on a check when you were just about to receive the merchandise then accepting delivery knowing that you stopped the money orders is theft.
I have contacted the Kansas City Police the day I found out the money orders were stopped.

I either want my 13 female ball pythons that you stole or the cost of the ball pythons as stated in our deal which is $1,800.
If you do not respond to this email, or answer my phone calls you must know you have done something wrong.

Kelly Reggie
I guess she thought you would be shaking in your boots ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!