Dave Colling: Great Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
kare
Thumbs up Dave Colling: Great Guy

Early in January, Dave had an ad for Brazilian Rainbow Boas. I asked about purchasing a pair, but living in MN, needed to know if he could hold them for me. He had absolutely no problems holding onto them. (I paid ASAP) Even refused extra $ when the weeks kept clicking by with no relief in the temperatures. He maintained that feeding my 2 was no problem as he had more of his own babies to feed anyway. As the time went by, he showed his great sense of humor by emailing me updates-written by my babies as they spent time "at camp"! I still chuckle on the message "Mom, we ate 10 day old rat pups, yesterday. I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"
My little darlings came home, yesterday. (Mn was at 70ºF, toasty!) They are fantastic. Well started, tame and curious. I want to give a big thumbs up to anyone considering doing business with Dave. He supports his clientele. He keeps you updated. Sends appropriate care sheets, etc. You can't go wrong with Dave.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Junkyard
I had to ad to this, I purchased one Male BRB from Dave back in February and did not even think about using the BOI at the time. The snake came in packeaged perfectly, one of the best packaged snakes I ever received. That little BRB was soooo hand tame I could not believe it, I figured I would have to do a little work, well even to today he has never even thought about bitting me. He has high quality if anyone is looking for a BRB. He was quick with the e-mails. The snakes came with a full feed record and care sheets, his prices were right on budget. I remebered about him when he sent me an e-mail that he has had more hatched out this month. If you are looking he is the man to get them from. Okay so a small plug for him, but I think he deserves it, I was really impressed with him.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Diggy415
i was about to pick up a BRB from dave and wondering if there is any recent dealing with him. He has responded to my emails and all seems good so far, but any newer additional input would be good to hear.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Diggy415
just updating this post since ive recieved my BRB ABBI she came on Wed, well packed and even shed for me. She is setteling down nicely in her cage with manzanita branches and cypress bark to hide in. Along with feeding coming up this Sun all is good to go, here are a few pics of the wee lass, enjoy!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
bogart6868
I lurk alot here.. but don't think I have ever posted.. But for this one, I want to jump in. Dave Colling is a great guy, produces great animals.. and is always willing to offer advice or share his experiences.. I have a few animals that I got from him back in the fall, and without a doubt will do business with him again.

-Tim Osborne

Old 05-16-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
nickstone
Just wanted to add a few more good words about Dave. I got a ghost in a trade deal with him a few weeks ago and its doing awesome. Very nice guy that I wouldn't hesitate to get anything from in the future. Nick Stone

Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
VFR!
Hello Nick - That ghost you got was one I produced. I wish I had made it to that Bay Area get-together. I have to say that Dave is a great guy. He is always professional and talks to you with a warm smile so it is a pleasure whether you are doing business with him or just having a conversation with him. I would not hesitate to do business with Dave again.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
McLovin
I have bought from Dave before. All in all, he is MOST professional and upstanding boa breeder/keeper I have ever communicated with. His devotion to the animals in his care are top notch whether they are his or pending shipment. The only bad thing about Dave is that he keeps all the spectacular brazilians great guy who is truely one of a kind. Don't ever hesitate to buy from Dave as that will be the most pleasurable snake buying experience you will ever have. Feeding cards, birthdate, weights- it's all there and I have spent more money in other places and never got a card or receipt for that matter.
Bob

Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #9
MLynch
This thread hasn't seen a post in a while, but I just wanted to add my $0.02: I'm in the market to buy a BRB, and I've been speaking with Dave via e-mail about a recent litter. His responses have been prompt, professional, and dotted with humor. I haven't made a purchase as of yet, but thus far my dealings with him have been great. And given that he comes highly recommended, both here and in other herp communities, I see no reason why I wouldn't buy from Dave when the time comes.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
Feanturi
Dave deserves a big bump. BUMP.

Dave is indeed a Great Guy. I bought a male and female from him yesterday at the 13th Annual NBHS Reptile Bazaar and Dave was fantastic to work with. He has the respect of people whom I respect, and several of them noticed me at his booth, and approached me to give him a respect and suggest that he'd be a good person to listen to. I'm very glad I did, I ended up with an excellent pair of snakes at a great price, complete with feed/shed records. And of course, because of his killer website, I have baby pics of them both, and pics of the parents I can reference anytime, for when they are old enough to plan the breeding possibilities (ok, so I started that last night...). And I learned more talking with him, and his wife, than I thought there was to know about BRB's, and breeding in general. When I got there, the specific snake I wanted was not available, but through hearing what Dave had to say about all his breeders, and their traits, and how pairings might turn out he helped me to find the right combination of animals, and I am much happier with these snakes potentials than with the snake(s) I had originally planned on getting.

I e-mailed him that night, and we had a very informative series of exchanges - after a long show, and his long drive home on a holiday. This morning I had a small concern with the male and e-mailed Dave an inquiry. He again returned the e-mail, and provided me with good advice, and reassurance about the problem (the silly snake missed me when it struck and got a face-full of coconut coir! Would have been funny if I didn't go through impaction anxiety...). This was on a Sunday morning. Allow me to repeat that. A Sunday morning. 'Nuff said.

I am glad to have checked around and researched BRB's and Dave in particular. There are a lot of nice snakes out there, but Dave is the deal maker. I could go on at length, but it let it be said Dave has one very satisfied customer here. Thanks to the Collings and to Dave for the work and dedication, the outstanding customer service and for the willingness to share your knowledge and wisdom. The Reptile Industry, and Business in general, is well represented in Rainbows-R-Us Reptiles, and by Dave and his family.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!