Motley x Goldenchild? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Tombot
Motley x Goldenchild?

Anyone know anything about the co dominance between these genes? I have an albino motley tiger on hold with prehistoric pets, and really like the idea of putting it to a het albino golden child. But.... Never seen a goldenchild motley before. Would these two traits co exist? or would my clutch be half goldenchild and half motley?

Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Utta
Golden child is a dominate gene. So half will already be goldenchilds. Motley, as far as it's known, is a co-dom gene. So you should get some motley goldenchilds in a clutch.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
Tombot
if my math is right (and by my math I mean genetic wizard ) ... a Purple motley tiger male to(Purple Ph het golden child female gives a 12.5% chance of an albino Goldenchild Motley Tiger ?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Tombot
*a Purple motley tiger male to het golden child female gives a 12.5% chance of an albino Goldenchild Motley Tiger ?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Utta
Yes. That's correct.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
reticguy76
keep in mind, there is not known super gc form

also, if my math is correct, it would be 6.25% to get that from that breeding

Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Tombot
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
keep in mind, there is not known super gc form

also, if my math is correct, it would be 6.25% to get that from that breeding
I wouldn't expect a super GC form (if there is one) out of this pairing anyway... I think the 6.25% is for an albino motley GC tiger, but 12.5 for the three gene combo and het albino

Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Utta
Ryan, dominate gene's are incapable of producing a super form. If there was a super, it'd be a co-dom gene.

your math, is correct though. I apologize for the mistake in mine.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
reticguy76
tyler, i understand about the super form being a co-dom het gene, i guess my point was, that there has only been one clutch (to my understanding) of a gc x gc breeding and there wasnt anything drastically different looking from the orginal gc. however, the ones that did look a little off, havent been able to be bred yet to see if it is a super form.

same with the motley stuff, half of the clutch are pretty much motleys when bred, but there hasnt been females old enough to breed (until this season or next season) to breed to a male to verify there is a super form.

this is my understanding, i havent kept up much on these newer genes/morphs as of late, due to my young daughter and my new little arrival. i dont get to "research" quite as much these days. hahaha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!