Hey I'm new + Rankins :p - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
plietz
Hey I'm new + Rankins :p

Hi people! My name is Phil.

I'm new to this forum. I have been keeping reptiles since I was 10, and I'm 26 now. I still have a couple beardies, but these days my interest has shifted to Rankins. I got some babies last year, cooled them not too long ago and they have just started breeding. So I thought I would share some pictures of them and of some of the copulations I have caught. Some of these pictures are from my Instagram, so don't let the funny colors fool you! haha. I will do my best to be active here and share more pics as things move along here.

Thanks for looking! I think I might know some of you, I used to frequent kingsnake.com
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
plietz
one more set of pictures

The pic of the two babies up top are the same two boys in the picture together here. Also, they two pictures of copulations are also those two boys haha.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
plietz
Progress

Glad to see the first girl digging her nest! I love this whole process. I can't wait to see eggs and babies in the incubator

Phil
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
plietz
Eggs!

Cool! 22 eggs total laid, one was a dud right off the bat, and then I lost a few more during the first week :/ but there are still 16 that are going strong and look great. Cross your fingers for healthy babies!
Also, a picture of a few girls nearing breeding size :]

Anyone else on here messing with Rankins? It's a learning process, they are very similar too beardies, but different in interesting ways.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
mmdragons
very nice I would love to start! Are those eggs you have now or from last year?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
plietz
The eggs are this year, a little over a week ago. Hopefully she will lay again. I also have 1 more female with eggs about 2 weeks out from laying.
These things are super cool!

Phil

Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
mmdragons
they look great Phil and if you ever sell the offspring I would love to have one from you they all look healthy and happy!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
plietz
Thanks very much! I will certainly be selling some of the babies for sure!
Thanks again!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
plietz
Glad to share that the eggs started hatching today!
I am so excited, it has been so much fun raising the parents and finally seeing babies coming out of the eggs. I can't wait to see them eating and running around.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #10
ninthof9
Hey,
Let me know when these little guys are up for sale. I am definately interested.
Dale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dragons, rankins