Experience with KINGSNAKE Website - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #21
DD Reptiles
I too am growing quite tired of Kingsnake, I recently purchased an account and even just yesterday I had an ad that had been active for weeks be pulled down for no apparent reason. They didn't send me a specific reason, just their TOS. The ad had been active for a few weeks as I said and I had not changed anything in it, just re-listed it, yet all of a sudden it was deleted.

They have also deleted my ads for things as picky as mentioning a show I was attending where the animals could be picked up at.

I have had friends banned off the site, just for selling their animals below the "big breeders" prices, with no refund for their account.

Thanks,
Derek Dunlop

Old 08-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #22
Wrongbeach
Seems to be a pattern the more I look into it....

I would love to get emails stating the situation and contact info from anyone that has had this problem, specifically if they have taken their money and closed the account...thks again everyone...keep them coming...Im getting a lot of private emails, so if you feel more comfortable sending it that way please feel free....if you feel confident you should post it here for all to see but I do understand people being scared of these guys for fear of being blackballed...thankfully I dont care anymore, and am very glad for a website like Fuana for letting people say their say without censorship...i will do all I can to support this website...its nice to have an alternative...bottom line is there are more people that just like snakes then there are "big breeders", so maybe a backlash can be made to bring traffic here and let the breeders that feel like they own this hobby play amongst themselves...to clarify this is not all of them....I have met some very straight forward and honest people that stay out of this nonsense...the Barkers, Kahl, Stone, and many more.....however I just cant resist a fight....

take a look at this blog from Jeff Barringer the owner of Kingsnake....kind of scary reading...thank god this guy isnt in office...wow...

http://kingsnake.typepad.com/kingsna...ng_online.html

Come on Jeff Barringer....give me a call...

Paul Harb

Old 08-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #23
SPJ
I had an ad pulled once a few years ago because I didn't use accepted market prices or something to that effect (I forgot the wording used).
Don't know what the hell that means except someone must have emailed them taking issue with me having a lower price on something.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
Wrongbeach
Im trying to find that in their TOS

Do you have a copy of the email they sent to you when they pulled it? I cant imagine its in their TOS that they can pull ads if they feel it is below market price...thats criminal...Im going to have to read that TOS very carefully....keep them coming everyone....thks..

Paul Harb

Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #25
jglass38
I have the answer to your questions...Jeff is a pompous ass who feels KS is the end all be all of the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Kingsnake is terrible! Unfortuantly it is the place to sell. If we could only gradually move over to here. But I don't like the way they do there classifieds.

Just a few days ago they pulled one of my ads that was in the for sale section. I had stated in my add that I was open to trades for other geckos.

KS pulled it and told me that I can only say I am open to trades, but not what type of trades or what I am looking for!???

Luc Cauthorn

Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #27
Wrongbeach
I know how I can affect this guy

Well I guess i am in luck...call it fate...this guy thinks he is a photographer of live events...rock shows to be specific...that is a world that I know very well and have a lot of connections in...this might be a lot easier than i thought...thks you guys, keep them coming....there sure are a lot of stories of people straight up getting ripped off by this guy with no reason except that he is trying to have a monopoly on this hobby....let me repeat...HOBBY...i wish I didnt even have to get involved with this...I have better things to do...but Im not letting it go until I get my money back.

Paul Harb

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #28
callak
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
I have the answer to your questions...Jeff is a pompous ass who feels KS is the end all be all of the herp industry.
ROFL!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #29
SPJ
Don't mention the BOI in your ad or it will be pulled.

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam

Your recent classified ad entitled "Bearded dragons for Ball Pythons, Corn Snakes, Crested Geckos, similar quality Beardies" has been removed due to a violation of our Terms of Service.

Excerpt from the TOS:

Cannot place this in your ad:

All traders will be thoroughly checked out on the BOI prior to any deal being made, if you are a shady seller don't bother.

You may check if you wish, but cannot say it here.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please do not take this note personally, we are only trying to enforce our rules equally. There is no need to respond to this email it is supplied to you as a courtesy.

Classifieds Coordinator
phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com

Below is a copy of the advertisement for your reference.
The thread about it.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...25&postcount=3

Old 08-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #30
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
What that is ridiculous. They have so many stupid rules! Why can't you mention anything about the BOI!

Why doesn't the owner of KS come one here and explain. Is Jeff the owner?

Luc Cauthorn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!