Good Guy Turtletary Terry Kilgore - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
AdamHess512
Turtletary Terry Kilgore

Wow where to start, I have been looking for Gulfcoast terrapins for a while now, and I came across Terry, He has been incredible every step of the way. He was very helpful, had great advice and the animals he sold me are out of this world. It’s almost impossible to put into words. If you are looking for Diamondbacks, or the redfoots he does, go to Terry, there is no question, he is one of the best in the field. Thanks again Terry!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
turtletary
Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 PM #1
jpadams555

Name : Josh adams
jpadams555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trader Rating: (0)
Turtletary
Bought turtle from turtletary very nice guy. Even met along my route back from vacation to save turtle from stress of shipping. Real seems to care bout his animals

Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 PM   #3
turtletary
Bought turtle from turtletary very nice guy. Even met along my route back from vacation to save turtle from stress of shipping. Real seems to care bout his animals

C&P'd Josh's 'rating' just to see how it would work.. from Josh Adams

Old 10-31-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
turtletary

C&P'd Josh's 'rating' just to see how it would work.. from Josh Adams above...

Old 11-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
Monsieur Tortue
Talking Terry Kilgore @ Turtletary

I had been looking for Redfoot tortoise hatchlings for some time, specifically from the Bolivian locale. True Bolivian redfoots are hard to find because there aren’t many in the states. You won’t see them sold from your typical larger “breeder” and the few people that keep them are “private” keepers and enthusiasts. I got lucky when I came across a short YouTube video Terry had posted of a few hatchlings eating some greens. I immediately googled his name to see if I could track him down. That quick search opened the door to Terry and his website Turtletary and a wealth of knowledge, decades of experience and the purchase of not 1 but 4 Bolivian Redfoot hatchlings. Terry is not a farmer when it comes to his Redfoots and Terrapins. He is a passionate and dedicated keeper who truly cares about his animals and who they are going to. In short, he’s not out to just make a sale. Terry and I had many lengthy conversations over the phone and through email. He took the time to answer all of my questions and address all my concerns throughout the process. He has a proven method of raising redfoots from hatchlings resulting in happy, healthy and smooth shelled torts that everyone in the community who is “in the know” follows and refers to. Little did I know when I stumbled across that video on YouTube that I would be connecting with such a well respected veteran of the Herp community and end up making a really good friend along the way. I have nothing but great things to say about Terry and the hatchlings I received from him and if you’re in the market for a redfoot tortoise or terrapin, then I highly recommend connecting with him.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
rtbrooks16
I have bought many tortoises from Terry and he does a great job. The animals are well represented and his communication is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #7
Kapidolo Farms
years of experience do make much difference +++ Terry Kilgore

Way back before the 'hot and humid' enclosure system was well published, Terry was advocating spray then 'till they drip. If you read his early posts on Tortoise forum you will see that his own observations lead him to what is now sometimes called 'advanced' keeping.

That individual attention to detail persist in his keeping today.

I have purchase several red-foots from Terry, all have been healthy and vibrant. And follow-up care advice is great.

Will, Biologist
Kapidolo Farms, All Tortoise - All The Time.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #8
turtletary
Thank you ALL !

In May 2007 this one hatched..

This is him in July 2010..

Old 11-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #9
Bmoore16
Thumbs up Highly Recommended!

We have bought three terrapins from Terry. They are all outstanding animals and his willingness to help is second to none. He has more experience with this species than most people out there and I couldn’t recommend him enough.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #10
turtletary
Again thank you all for your reviews!

Brett Moore and his partner have done an incredible job at "repairing" the crush-plates and beak of the large female Gulf Coast shown in middle pic. As a result she is thriving exceptionally.. and back on track.

We can expect beautiful hatchlings ( due to their diligent husbandry practices ) from all of them shown [ and a few more ] in the near future from Brett Moore!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!