Paul Edwards Reptiles, in Charleston NC...anyone do business with him? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
ljsreptiles
Paul Edwards Reptiles, in Charleston NC...anyone do business with him?

He has a pair of red bloods i'm interested in on kingnsnake. I'm just interested on any reviews people may have. I've been screwed quite a few times recently and don't want that to happen again.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Tim Rash
Paul's a good guy he was into Arboreals for years but sold them all. You wont have any problems with him. I like that pair he is selling also you better hurry .

Tim Rash

Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
DAV6969
Talking Paul's One Of Good Guys!

Paul is a great guy to deal with & to know.he's been in the business since the 1980's,known him that long,no problem dealing with his professional manner.remember Paul you owe me a drink,lol!Dave Powell

Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
Isis Reptiles
I purchased several high-end animals from Paul Edwards about 6 months ago. The transaction was carried out in a timely and professional manner, and the animals were as represented--healthy and beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Paul again, or to recommend him to others.

Mike Madec
Isis Reptiles

Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
Reptile Basics
Paul is A-OK

I have purchased animals from him and met him several times. No problems at all.
Rich Goldzung
Reptile Basics Inc

Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
romad119
Had everything set to buy some Morelia. Price worked out, good info and responses and then the thing that caused me to not go through with it:

Add 3.2% if using paypal.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
romad119
Here is my email when I stated I don't agree with the buyer having to pay the charge for paypal:

From: "Paul Edwards" <peherps@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Alan" <romad119@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: #3 female
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:41:43 -0500

Alan,
You obviously have a hot button for sellers paying for the fees so you can do business with them. I stand by my decision, and I think if you were a seller that had an appreciable amount of volume, and I don't know that you don't, but if you were a businessman like I am, I have to believe you'd take a very strong look at the annual loss of revenue for people to not have to go out and use some other form of payment to buy something from you. It is for your convenience that you use Paypal, not mine. It still takes 3-4 business days for your money to reach my account, where I can actually spend the money to buy things like groceries, approximately the same time it would take for the US Postal service to deliver a money order or some other form of payment to me. If you were to overnight the money to me, or if you were to wire transfer the money to me, should the seller pay that too ? According to your thinking, yes. This is the reptile business, were not Sears after all. For you to not do a transaction because of a $6 charge is preposterous at best and not really being reasonable in my estimation. I have to believe you really didn't want the animals; people change their minds all the time, I know I do, and that's fine. But good God man, have the decency to tell the truth and tell it like it is !!! You disagree with the principle ??? PLEASE !!!
Thank you for your time,
Paul Edwards

----- Original Message -----

So now I lie and make reasons up. I guess know one has principles?

Old 11-23-2005, 08:04 AM   #8
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
Here is my email when I stated I don't agree with the buyer having to pay the charge for paypal:

From: "Paul Edwards" <peherps@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Alan" <romad119@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: #3 female
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:41:43 -0500

Alan,
You obviously have a hot button for sellers paying for the fees so you can do business with them. I stand by my decision, and I think if you were a seller that had an appreciable amount of volume, and I don't know that you don't, but if you were a businessman like I am, I have to believe you'd take a very strong look at the annual loss of revenue for people to not have to go out and use some other form of payment to buy something from you. It is for your convenience that you use Paypal, not mine. It still takes 3-4 business days for your money to reach my account, where I can actually spend the money to buy things like groceries, approximately the same time it would take for the US Postal service to deliver a money order or some other form of payment to me. If you were to overnight the money to me, or if you were to wire transfer the money to me, should the seller pay that too ? According to your thinking, yes. This is the reptile business, were not Sears after all. For you to not do a transaction because of a $6 charge is preposterous at best and not really being reasonable in my estimation. I have to believe you really didn't want the animals; people change their minds all the time, I know I do, and that's fine. But good God man, have the decency to tell the truth and tell it like it is !!! You disagree with the principle ??? PLEASE !!!
Thank you for your time,
Paul Edwards

----- Original Message -----

So now I lie and make reasons up. I guess know one has principles?

His reasoning of it taking three to four days to access the money is lame. He should get a free PayPal debit card, like I did, and he can tap into the money immediatly. And it could easily be argued that PayPal is as much a convenience for him as for the customer. Not to mention that it is a TOS violation to charge a fee for taking PayPal, as well as illegal in some states, and over all bad business. And why charge 3.2% when payPal charges 3% or less depending on the volume of business the seller does....
I agree 100% with you Paul and would have walked away as well, and have taken by business elsewhere in the past for the same reason. Heck, if I se a fee charged for PayPal or CC in an ad i just move on and look elsewhere....

Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #9
Gecko_Den
Too early to post. I meant to say "I agree 100% with you ALAN, and would have walked away as well, and have taken MY business elsewhere in the past for the same reason. Heck, if I SEE a fee charged for PayPal or CC in an ad i just move on and look elsewhere...." I really should proof read before i hit post if I haven't had a cup of coffee yet....

Old 11-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #10
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I still can't believe that some sellers are too cheap themselves and try to charge the fees to the buyer. It is a price of doing business. Any legitimate business will not have a problem with the fees and will not pass it on to the buyer. In the last couple of years I have paid in fees (both Paypal and my Credit Card terminal) myself close to $3000.

I have never purchased anything from Paul but have sold him animals in the past and would have never had a problem with purchasing anything from him. Now if I were to want to purchase anything from him and he tried to charge me the fees I would pass on the purchase as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!