Bad Guy Gorgeous Geckos selling sick animals - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #11
ryanbean1981
Jazzman aren't you Kim's boyfriend?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #12
Pasodama
Gorgeous Gecko (Kim) has replied with what appears to be two very reasonable solutions. A third option, IMHO, could be a partial refund, (and/or, possibly, paying the vet bill if geckos were seen by a vet), if pinworms are proven and the OP (Ryan) wishes to keep the geckos.
A refund is certainly due, at the least end, for the one gecko that passed away (with proof of its being deceased).

Of course, my opinion (or a portion of my opinion) could change depending upon whatever proof, communications, etc., that Ryan posts.... if those things offer something up that would cause me to change any part of my opinion.

That aside, and if it did occur, two day shipping is wrong and would be a negative mark, upon the seller, if that is the choice the seller made and was not due to shipping company's error &/or flight problems.

Now, we just need Ryan to post any proof, photos, communications, etc., that he has, before things can proceed from here.

Hopefully, a resolution can be had without a lot of needless drama and with focus remaining upon what it should.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:10 AM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousgecko View Post
We already went through an entire thread after Ryan posted this in the Crested Gecko Classifieds which he has now deleted because of the backfire he received. He has been offered a full refund including medication AND he can keep the animals if he could show he has taken them to a vet and gotten treatment for the pinworms which had had assured me he had done. He refuses to prove he has gotten them treatment and we have offered to drive 7 hours to pick up the animals and take them for treatment and he would receive a full refund but he REFUSES to give back the animals for a refund. He has been given two very reasonable offers and is refusing both and is now trying to troll around as many forums as possible pleading his case. All he needed to do was provide a vet receipt or proof of treatment and he gets both refund and animals. He is hiding something, we are uncertain what his real motivation is but at this point it looks very much like a scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbean1981 View Post
I have the proof and will post it all soon.
Until you post proof, readers unfamiliar with the situation can only form opinions on what they read HERE. I see a seller who has made an amazingly generous offer pending your production of a vet receipt/treatments which you apparently claimed you had.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #14
Jazzman
Nope...

Old 09-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #15
gila7150
Quote:
I see a seller who has made an amazingly generous offer pending your production of a vet receipt/treatments which you apparently claimed you had.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
200xth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbean1981 View Post
Kim changed the agreement and she knows it, I have the proof and will post it all soon. I have documentation for everything including photos that will be uploaded also. There is a lot I'm having to screenshot and get
From what I understand, nothing on here is deleted. There is an offer posted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousgecko View Post
provide a vet receipt or proof of treatment and he gets both refund and animals.
That cannot be changed (at least on this forum) You don't need a lot of documentation or screenshots at this point. Snap a pic of your vet receipts, get your refund and keep the animals.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #17
Kristi23
I think both offers seem fair. Most breeders will not refund and let you keep the animals. Asking for the vet bill before refunding does not sound unreasonable. If you don't want to take them in, ship the animals back and get your refund.

From what I understand, most reptiles have small amounts of worms. They are only a problem when they increase in numbers. That can happen from stress or improper care (or other illness). If you could visually see the pinworms, that means they were the type carried by insects. Did the geckos eat bugs with the breeder? I'm not sure where I've read this, but I remember the same conversation years ago on geckoforums.

I am however concerned with the two day shipping. Who requested that? I don't even offer that as a possibility. It's next day overnight priority or you don't buy from me.

I did find this on a quick search:
•Pinworms
Also known as the threadworm or seatworm, this is a common kind of nematode worm that you cannot see with the naked eye. It can be completely normal for your reptile to have pinworms since they typically contract them from eating infected mice or insects. Your vet may not treat your reptile for the pinworm infection unless it is causing a problem for your pet, such as a decrease in appetite or a fecal obstruction. People can also get these worms so it is always important to wash your hands after handling a reptile.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Agoralyx
I'm pretty sure the 2 day shipping was putting the wrong geckos in two boxes being shipped out. So the geckos were over nighted to the wrong address and then overnighted again to the correct address. I can't quote that exactly since the thread was deleted, but it was something along that vein.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoralyx View Post
I'm pretty sure the 2 day shipping was putting the wrong geckos in two boxes being shipped out. So the geckos were over nighted to the wrong address and then overnighted again to the correct address. I can't quote that exactly since the thread was deleted, but it was something along that vein.
If that's the case, then it was just a one time (hopefully) mistake.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #20
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
If that's the case, then it was just a one time (hopefully) mistake.
Agreed.
Would also place the seller in better light, if this is what happened, since action was taken to rectify the problem (and if the seller also paid for the second shipment).
The seller just needs to make sure she is more careful from here on out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!