researching IBD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
GuinnyOne
researching IBD

I adopted a red-tail from the Northern California Herp Society today. It is in all ways apparently healthy and kept in a totally seperate area of the house than my ball python. These are the only 2 boids that I have.

I walked into the pet store I used to work at not long after arriving home with my snake (needed a bag of carefresh). The first thing my old boss told me was that Gary (a customer I used to work with) had come in and told her that his redtail boa had just died and the veterinarian suspected IBD.

She said that the snake had gone to the vet 4 days prior (according to Gary) and then died. He also has a ball python in his home.

I've been reading through some of the information on anapsid.org about IBD. And from what I've been seeing, it would have been a much longer, drawn-out death than this. She also told me that Gary had not opted for a necropsy, as far as she knew.

I have read a bit on here about entire collections having to be euthanized to avoid spreading the disease.

Does anyone have any good websites that they could point me to? Any deeper information?

Any thoughts on the death of Gary's redtail? (kind of hard with almost zero details, I'll see what else I can find out).

And are researching relatively sure that IBD does not affect colubrids?

Kelly