32 Spiders in one order of crickets from www.reptilefood.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #31
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKDragons
Hey Matt,
I would give the southern cricket farm a try.They give a good count and they're very clean.I've been ordering from them for a long time and their price is about the best out there.I used to order from reptile food,but their cricket count was really bad.Good Luck....
Brian [BKDragons]

ummm soutthern is renouned for spiders.... especially recluses... the real ones not the wanna be kind

Old 05-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #32
dragonflyreptiles
I buy from reptiledirect.com for mealies, 10,000 are $32 shipped (they are acutally from Ghanns but they get a better price for bulk orders) and crix I use Ghann.com direct, they are $23.24 for 2000 delivered up to 1/2" and $23.24 for 1500 from there to adults. Never had any bugs other than the crix in the crix and they come DHL.

Today the mealies did arrive overheated and mostly dead and they promptly emailed me back with a guarantee of full replacement but thats the first ones I have had a problem with.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #33
Louiscamp
My last order had over 50 spiders. I kept killing them and more appeared. I emailed them about it and they said "yeah, we are having a problem with spiders". I got my last order from Grubco and they were perfect.

Lou Campanara

Old 05-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #34
kiote9
I get all of my crickets and mealworms from Natures Spirit/Casey & Darla Hulse. Not had any trouble with "extra" bugs.

Yes, they are from Top Hat Cricket Farm.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #35
robin d.
Lou, where did you buy the crickets from with 50 spiders? ... like i said i wouldnt bother killing just the crickets that whole order of crix be bug bombed

Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #36
geckosunlimited
Quote:
Setting aside the Arachnophobia that seems previlent in these threads, I don't see what the big deal is about giving reptiles an additional natural food source.
I tend to agree. These cricket "farms" are large and other bugs do get in with the crickets. 32 spiders is a little much. I guess one spider is too much if you are afraid of them. I've used many different cricket suppliers, and each had their pros and cons. I used Southern for 5 years, but I got tired of the phorid flies. If any of you have dealt with phorid (humpback, mausoleum, fecal, etc.) flies, you understand. I've switched to Armstrong, and I've been pretty happy with them so far. Sure, I find a few beetles and such, but I think that goes with the territory. I also feel like they appreciate my business, unlike some of the other companies out there. The spiders pictured are harmless to humans. You don't need to worry about anaphylaxis with those guys.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #37
MGReptiles
I actually was guarenteed by 2 different companies now that they will not have any other bugs in my orders..lol.. I hate to say it but I provent a mited the whole lot of them, amazing how fast that stuff works even on larger bugs...

Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #38
geckosunlimited
Quote:
I actually was guarenteed by 2 different companies now that they will not have any other bugs in my orders..lol
That is laughable! I guess they have to use the Jedi mind trick to keep them away:

"These are not the crickets that you are looking for..."

Old 05-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #39
Rebel Dragons
I just ordered from LLLReptile.Com when they were having that sale 1000 crickets for $11.99 shipped. I figured it couldn't hurt. I just hope no spiders are in with them.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #40
MGReptiles
I actually used to order from LLL fo rmy feeders, Only reason I stopped was there was a problem with my login(forgot username..lol) and never had a problem with them.. I beleive I will be going back to them now.. I also just put in for 200 roaches so maybe I will not have to order them at all....
-Matt Graybeal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!