Randall Ellis, Reptile Locators (BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
africananimals
Thumbs down Randall Ellis, Reptile Locators (BAD GUY)

Dear All,

Firstly I would like to thank to everybody who wrote to our e-mail offering their assistance in reply to our tread published on 16th February:

Dear All,

We are an exporter company from Tanzania – African Animals (T) Ltd.
You can see us on the advertisement banner on www.faunaclassifieds.com.

We are very new in this forum and we apologize in advance if the below information will not give all the necessary details, but shortly this is our case:

Recently we have faced some problems with an importer from USA and would like to ask you all for advice.

In November, 2006 we have send a shipment of reptiles to customer in the US. Knowing the really bad reputation of the Tanzanian exporters as a whole and the fact that people are afraid to send any money in advance we’ve decided to prove that not all exporters from Tanzania are like this.

As a result we have shipped to the above mentioned person without any advance payment and even without him paying the shipping cost. Our agreement with him was that he will pay 30% immediately upon arrival of the shipment and the rest within the next 10 days.

Further, after he has received the shipment he was supposed to send us a report on the shipment within 24 hours after in has arrived in USA. We only got the report from him one week after the shipment arrived.
Nevertheless we have agreed to deduct from the amount he owed us all the animals he has considered as unacceptable and we trusted him completely about their number and condition.

The total amount he owes us in 10 027 USD.

After this moment the guy started to give us plenty of almost unbelievable stories for wide variety of problems he had, has or will have and based on them he is unable to pay us for the shipment.
We believed him for a while, but now – almost 3 months after we’ve shipped to him we are already more than suspicious as we didn’t get even a single dollar from him.

He doesn’t deny that he owes us the money, but he’s not saying when or how he’s going to pay us. The only thing we are hearing from him is the consecutive problem he has making him unable to pay us.

Please note that he is not just a small unknown dealer. He has a web site and he is selling at http://kingsnake.com

In the light of all the above we will very much appreciate any advice on how to deal with this situation.

For now we’ve decided not to give the guy’s name as a good will gesture hoping he will finally pay, but attached you can see a part of our correspondence.

Thanks in advance,

Maria Milusheva
General Manager
www.africananimals.biz

We didn’t write the name of this person and our tread was therefore blocked according to the forum’s rules.

At that moment we were still sincerely hoping that Mr. Randall Ellis really has his “big problems” and the delay in the payment was caused by some forcemajeur circumstances.

Now we can say for sure that the whole “non-payment” situation was meant to be like this from the very beginning and he had no intentions on paying us. Since the moment of his first e-mail with “explanations” he was intending to solve his personal problems on our account:

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:50:08 -0500 (Central Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Importer looking for honest exporter!
To: mail@africananimals.biz
Dear Madam, Mrs. Milusheva
I want to be totally honest with you it is very hard to trust anyone from Tanzania epically in Dar Slam, people there have ripped off lots of honest hard working people here in the USA I know I personally lost a very large amount of money in Tanzania and still have not got any animals and was just 4 days ago ripped off by a guy in Egypt. But I will be wanting to do business with someone honest because I am honest I only want what I order nothing more or less my order are usually large order and I do not have a problem selling the animals also every time someone from another country wants to do business with someone in the USA or Canada there is a Board of inquiry here in the US and Canada to post the name of the company who wants our business and anyone who knows of a good experience or bad will be notified.
So what I am saying if you want honest person to do business with I am willing to work with you but the animals must be shipped up front to us we will advance no money till then when animals arrive we will then send 30% of total invoice and balance within 10 days so please send list with prices
Regards
Randall

We even suspect that this is not the first similar case with Mr. Randall’s shipments, but we are going to conduct further investigations over this issue.
Below is some of our correspondence with Mr. Ellis for you perusal:

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:55:22 -0800 (PST)
From: "African Animals (T) Ltd" <mail@africananimals.biz>
Subject: Payment
To: "Crazy Horse!" <crazydendroaspis@verizon.net>
Hi Randall,
hope you are already fine. We haven't received any money in our account yet?
Please let us know what is going on?
Kind regards,
David

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:40:58 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Payment
To: mail@africananimals.biz
David,
I am still trying to recover from the bite am getting better but still have some problems.
The bite has set me back in general.
On the money we are still trying to sell the bulk of the animals most of our buyers have backed out because the animals are in well lets say not what they expected in quality but I think it is because they already bought from someone else. We have sold some animals and are just awaiting payment. This shipment like others who got east African shipments came to close to the holidays
Which people are not spending money and should pick up by the first of the year in about two weeks I am sorry it has not gone as to plan for sales quicker it is usually not like this I just don't know what is going on with selling animals other than people are waiting till after Christmas Please give me some time I know you need your money I am doing my best at this point to take care of this as soon as possible.

N/B
David, Can you use any Mouse breeding cages?? The lab type if so I can send you a pic of them so you can see if they would be useable to you for breeding roadents.

David, just so you know how I got bit, it was more of a Dry bite but but enough to cause me some serious problems, I was holding the net bag up using forceps trying to un hang the angusticeps fang from the net bag it was wound up and twisted in the bag like an figure eight when the fang was freed it unraveled in the bag swinging the net bag around and caught me in the wrist with the fang protruding the mouth of the snake just wanted you to know it was not incompetence in handling the animal
Kind Regards
Randall

Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:58:38 -0800 (PST)
From: "African Animals (T) Ltd" <mail@africananimals.biz>
Subject: Re: Payment
Hi Randall,
Good to hear that you're getting better. I understand you have some complications, but we have ours as well.
We've agreed the general payment to be done 10 days after you receive the shipment and now a lot more time has passed.
Pls do your best to arrange the payment.
Kind regards,
Maria

Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:46:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Pyment
Hi Randall,
Happy New Year!
Please let us know what has happened with our money?!
Maria

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:16:06 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Pyment
To: "African Animals (T) Ltd"
Hi Maria,
Happy New Years! to you and David
I still have most all the stock! I also am having a problem moving it !
I am doing my best to move it out but have also encountered many problems doing so
All the dealers which made orders with us all landed shipments from Tanzania and at half the cost for most the animals so I can not compete with them till their surplus runs out and I am offering the animals I received from you for what you invoiced to me for It is the best I can do for now.
I am not trying to take your stock and not pay you, I am having some serious set backs do to many issues with the animals, I did not set out to have this kind of problem! And have never had this kind of problem but for the most part it is price I have to sell them for, so like I said I am offering them for what you invoiced them to us for and still many say they can import them for much less but that is neither here nor there I just can not offer the animals any cheaper than them or what they were invoiced to me for.
But if you have anyone who will take the stock you have shipped to us here in the USA we will gladly send it to them.
I will get you paid ASAP and will not make any more orders after.
Please let me know what we can do?
Kind Regards
Randall

I have had enough of this business and am tired of all the people who order animals and then back out because they find the animals before I can get them landed but never tell me before hand

Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 01:08:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Payment!
Randall,

1. We believe we are absolutely straight in all our business relations. We always stick to the agreements we’ve made and despite of the problems we might be facing we’re always carrying out our responsibilities even if it means we‘ll encounter losses.

2. According to our correspondence we’ve never agreed that we’ll have to wait our payment until you manage to sell the animals!
We’ve verbally agreed when you’ve asked us to ship the animals without any advance payment. You said you will pay for the shipment within 10 days after the animals are delivered because you’ve already lost some money working with some other African suppliers and you’ve funds blocked in other shipments from TZ.

3. You’ve agreed with the price for the shipment!

4. You were supposed to pay for the transportation prior the shipment leaves Dar es Salaam!

5. When the shipment was ready for export you said you have some problems with the funds and in order not to postpone the shipment we’ve paid for the transportation as well!

6. Now please note – we’ve had lots of problems with the trappers while collecting the animals for your shipment, but we’ve never informed you about this as this is not your problem and it shouldn’t be! Honestly we do not have any profit from this shipment and now we are only trying to get the money we’ve put in it!

7. We’ve got a report from you almost a week after you’ve received the shipment and still we’ve reduces the Invoice amount you are supposed to pay for the animals from 11258.5 to 8913.5 according to what you’ve asked!

8. Generally we’ve fulfilled all your requests and even more! Until to date we haven’t received even 1$ from you!!! obviously, unlike the other exporters you were complaining about!

9. And now you are explaining us your problems and suggesting us to participate in selling these animals!?
Honestly, we’ve never had such complications with US customers! Actually we would’ve never agreed to work with such conditions if you were not an American. For example we had a shipment of Hyenas to Miami around New Year holidays and we already got the full amount of the order in our account.
We believe that in the business relations all parties must carry out their responsibilities. Inevitably we all have our own problems, but they should not concern the other party and our obligations to them!

Therefore please kindly transfer the amount due to our account at your earliest.

Kind regards,
Maria

Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 03:50:27 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Dear Maria,
I do understand and I also agree with you! And I made a big mistake in counting on my buyers
I am at this point doing my best to sell the animals, and I am truly in a bad position and I am not asking to reduce the invoice any more and I hope you do not feel it was what I was asking. It is not
I have nothing but the full intentions in paying you! All I have asked is you bear with me. I know it is a hard business. And I have made a agreement with you and David yall are the most honest people I have ever done business with and getting off to a bad start in doing business with you was never my intentions and I do deeply apologize.
Kind Regards
Randall

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:11:35 -0800 (PST)
Dear Randall,
I believe we've given you quite a long time and were patient enough not to disturb you during this time, but now we really need our money.
Pls let us know when (we need a deadline date) you will transfer the amount due ie. 10027.20 USD including transportation cost?
Should you wish to call me my ###### mobile is ###########
Regards,
Maria

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:31:54 -0800 (PST)
Randall,
we are unable to contact you both your mobile and office numbers.
Please provide US with you new tel. number.
Regards,
Maria

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:39:12 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Maria,
What number you trying ?? Home office is still same 830-3938783 we have been getting calls with no one on other end of line. Please try to call again as I can not have no international service any longer to be able to call you.
Kind regards
Randall

Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:38:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Payment!
CC: randall@exoticswild.com
Hi Randall,
I tried to call you, but I couldn't reach you again. Your mobile is out of service and nobody is picking up on your home/office number.
Pls let us know what happened with our payment? You've promised payment in February.
Regards,
Maria

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:02:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Payment!!!
To: crazydendroaspis@verizon.net
Randall,

The fact that you are not picking up the phone and not replying to our e-mails is not a way out of this situation. Believe us, it doesn’t worth to act like this.

You are forcing us to believe that we’ve made big mistake shipping to you without an advance payment and believing you will pay 30% upon arrival of the shipment and the rest within 10 days after the arrival.

Probably it was also a mistake that we trusted you and reduced the invoice amount counting on your “honesty”.

It’s really unbelievable that you are acting just like the “scammers” from Tanzania you were complaining about. By only this reason we’ve decided to compromise with our conditions and prove that not all the exporters from Tanzania are cheaters. What an irony anyway!

We know you’ve sold the animals we’ve shipped to you despite of what you were constantly assuring us in your e-mails.

We also know you are trying to buy more venomous snakes from Tanzania using the same scheme with no advance payment– interesting why if you didn’t sell the old ones yet?!

If you are trying to recover your losses by cheating people who have been honest with you it’s a shame.

According to the delay in your payment (we still hope it’s a delay!!!) we’ve cancelled plenty of orders from US which were asking for 50% advance payment + shipping cost and the rest 50% upon arrival.
Currently we are explaining that this is temporary because of the payment problems we have with an US customer. Further we intend to forward this people to you for explanations.

Apart from this we’ve received an inquiry from ######### for references about you and your cases with dishonest Tanzanian exporters. Please note that until now together with ######### Investment we were trying to help you solving this problem.

By now we only told Mr. ########### we’ve shipped to you in November and are waiting for payment in February.

Hope this really correspond with the truth!
Maria

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:55:43 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Payment!!!
According to the delay in your payment (we still hope it’s a delay!!!) we’ve cancelled plenty of orders from US which were asking for 50% advance payment + shipping cost and the rest 50% upon arrival. Currently we are explaining that this is temporary because of the payment problems we have with an US customer. Further we intend to forward this people to you for explanations.
Apart from this we’ve received an inquiry from ######### for references about you and your cases with dishonest Tanzanian exporters. Please note that until now together ######### we were trying to help you solving this problem.
By now we only told Mr. ######### we’ve shipped to you in November and are waiting for payment in February.
Hope this really correspond with the truth!
Maria

Maria,
I am just now able to respond to e-mails as to the delay yes it is a delay I have no intentions in cheating you
Things have happened that are not of my control for the moment and yes I am trying to get things under control as to ###### yes I did tell you by phone conversation I was trying to get another shipment so as to be able to pay you and them as he said he could provide exact animals I do not know if I mentioned to you who I was asking for shipment from he agreed to help me recover 7,900 usd because the guy ######## used his cites docs to cheat me I did send him all the transfer info and info about that transaction I am having a really hard time collecting for animals and I have still a bunch of the animals and am caring for them. As to ####### I have not heard anything from him anymore and am guessing since his contact with your company so I think he will no longer help recover my money which is not your problem
I do not know why things are going like this for me I have never had this much problem selling animals before or collecting for animals I sent out either, I do not need anymore problems and I do understand you are very upset with me because of payment but no one here can say I have ever cheated them and be telling the truth about it nor can anyone in Tanzania say that I cheated them! Other than you if you really feel that I have and you justfuly have the right to feel that way at this time, nevertheless my intentions are to pay you as things change in my situation I have made some bad business disissions in the beginning
And am trying my best to get them corrected I have corresponded with others questioning your business
And have told them that you and David are good people to deal with and would still say the same to anyone who ask me about your business. But putting the kind of pressure on me with other exporters and other people will only make things harder for me to do any business which will make it even harder to pay my debt to you and I do not want this honestly this is a first time I have had financial trouble in being able to pay anyone. Please work with me as I only want you get this debt settled.
I did not intentionally ignore your phone calls as we have gophers and they have chewed our underground phone lines which they have not come to fix because I can not aford to pay for repairs either their are other problems I am faced with at this time which is not your problem but has me backed in to a wall.
And as I did not think about the new cell number I had to switch service because no one could ever get through to me because the service is very poor and is probably why you could not reach me most of the time. At this time I am trying to keep my Internet service on and a cell phone on but do not know for how long I will be able to do this and will make sure you will always have a way to contact me by here is my cell number so you can contact me 830-477-1400 the old cell service was with a company called pocket communication which was poor service! I was however contacted by an associate our yours by phone
And have explained the situation to him he bought some hienas form you and knows I am telling the truth about the cell service. I am hoping to get this all resolved soon.
My wife did tell me that someone did contact her by messaging she did tell me about it when I arrived home as I was traveling trying to collect funds owed to me I contacted the flue which turned in to a pneumonia so I have been extremely sick and went to the hospital to find out I was sicker than I thought this is the first day I have been able to contact you or anyone else.
Kindest Regards
Randall Ellis
830-477-1400

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:16:47 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Currently we are explaining that this is temporary because of the payment problems we have with an US customer. Further we intend to forward this people to you for explanations.
Maria,

Please understand I do not want this to happen this will only cause problems and make it hard for me to do business and then will only make it harder for me to be able to pay my debt to you and David
Which is only my concern is to be able to pay the debt I owe you.
Also please help me understand what you mean here??

Apart from this we’ve received an inquiry from ####### for references about you and your cases with dishonest Tanzanian exporters. Please note that until now together with #######we were trying to help you solving this problem.

Is anyone really trying to help recover funds for us?
I have asked ##### to help but that is now no one cares or will help??
I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.
Kind Regards
Randall

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:28:41 -0800 (PST)
Randall,
We only have one question - when we'll get our money?
Rrds,
Maria

After our thread was published Mr. Randall Ellis called us and offered to pay us 1000 USD now, on which of course we refused and asked for either all or nothing.

We know that the prices Mr. Ellis is asking on his web www.reptilelocators.com and on www.kingsnake.com for the animals he received from us are 3 to 6 times higher than what we’ve invoiced him for despite of the fact he was assuring us that his situation is so bad that he’s forced to sell at the same price as we sold to him and not any higher.

Furthermore we believe most of you guys know who, when and from where is receiving a shipment and therefore it is easy for you to cross-check when some reptiles are entering the US market, who is offering them and on what prices.

In our last telephone conversation with Mr. Ellis on 17th February when he realized that we are ready to go as far as needed protecting our rights he started telling us all sorts of stories about animals being incorrectly sent, about some that died and some that were in not good condition – all new information he never mentioned before and not included even in his “delayed” shipment report.

This is really childish and it’s clear for everyone especially for people who are in this business that if this was true he would’ve claimed all this in his report immediately after he saw the animals and not 3 MONTHS later!

In the light of the above we are withdrawing our claim for the amount of 10,027.20 USD and are now claiming the amount of 12,183.20 USD from Mr. Randall Ellis. This includes the initial amount as per the Invoice and the shipping cost to Miami and excludes the deductions we’ve made according to his report.

Until to date we haven’t received even a single cent out of this amount.

We’ve reviewed the amount due as, most probably, we’ve believed in a false shipment report /considering Mr. Ellis a honest person/ as the report was sent only on 4th December, but the shipment arrived on 28th November.

Now, after we’ve given all this information we are probably giving Mr. Randall Ellis a new motivation and excuse not to pay us, but we need to know your opinion and suggestions.

Once again we want to say that - Yes, Mr. Randall Ellis may have lots of problems, but this doesn’t mean he has to solve them by cheating and misleading people who have been honest and straight and trying to work the things out in the most correct way possible.

Thank you all for your attention!

Maria Milusheva
General Manager
www.africananimals.biz

Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
David Scarboro
Question Randy...

You and I have done good business before, but you need to step up and address this! Fact or Fiction???

Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
I sent him an email and private message with a link to this thread.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Dave Lawson
Randy, you need to step up and correct this situation with this exporter, we have all seen you ads on KS. You have been selling this persons animals and making money on his dime. It sounds as if he has been giving you every chance to make it right to the point of lowering the invoice.

You have sold the animals that is a fact now send this man that trusted you his money. Things like this Randy make it hard for other importers to get animals in.

David Scarboro is right, you need to address this.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
Neil Gubitz
Talk about hypocracy!!.... Lawson, YOU are the biggest THIEF in Tampa and YOU'RE telling HIM to pay his bills??.... WHERE'S MY 6 GRAND??.... You're PATHETIC, and one day, you'll get your's but GOOD!! (legally, that is)....

Neil

Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
land536

you read my mind bro!!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
thomas davis
wow

randall pay these people. i am completely floored with the honesty factor here 10+K in animals upfront???and you cant/wont/havnt paid them thats really sad, its ironic randall mentions the boi to this person and then treats them like this you really need to fix this randall,,,,,,,,
thomas davis

Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #8
Griz
Good grief Thomas and anyone else that is willing to throw a person under the bus. We have not heard Randall's side and quite frankly, I am more then a bit skeptical about any African importer. Instead of simply inquiring as Dennis did you want to assume Randall's guilt. Give it a rest. This is ridiculous at this early stage.

Griz

Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
IBsmokin
I spoke with randell a few times regarding some of those snakes he recieved from this African Exporter.
I know for a fact he has sold a bunch already on Kingsnake and has made money, like the Mole Snakes he recieved 6 of them and sold them on Kingsnake for like $500 or $600 each, like he could have at least sent them some of that money. He sold his high contrast house snakes for a couple of hundred each, this isnt even including the mambas and stuff he was selling for ridiculously high prices, considering the only money he spent on those snakes was the gas money it cost him to drive to the airport.

It is totally unfair because I have lost 14,000 US dollars last year to scam artist in Africa trying to aquire some of those species he recieved and he recieved them with out having to pay a cent, not even shipping cost, man he could have at least sent them something by now.

He has made numerous sales already I know because I have been watching his ads because of the species he was selling.
there is no reason why he could not have sent installments even, they ahve noit even recieved the cost of shipping back form him yet.

if he sodl all 6 mole snakes even at $500 each thats $3000 just for those 6 snakes, but he recieved 100's of snakes.
if he had bills he could ahve sent $1000 of the $3000 he made off the mole snake at least they would have got something back by now.

what about those people who paid those prices, wonder how they feel that he charged them those prices when he never even paid for the snakes, what they cost, 2 cents each if you devide the cost of gas to drive to the airport and pcik the animals up.

If you go on his site he removed the animals off his list but a week ago they were on there he removed them after the firts post last week by this company!

Man buddy doesnt realize how lucky he was to find a company like this, trust me, I know from experience they are far and few between, please pay these people something Randell and dont screw it up for the rest of us.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
thomas davis
well griz

Good grief Thomas and anyone else that is willing to throw a person under the bus. We have not heard Randall's side and quite frankly, I am more then a bit skeptical about any African importer. Instead of simply inquiring as Dennis did you want to assume Randall's guilt. Give it a rest. This is ridiculous at this early stage.............

good grief griz i can read, im not throwing anyone under any bus. are you suggesting the emails posted by th OP are not legitimate?or?
and what do you mean give it a rest? what?
what i find ridiculous is according to the OP randall received these animals more than a month and a half ago and hasnt paid anything for them. i am not assuming guilt just saying he needs to do the right thing and pay for what he received, and IF there were sick/dead/dieing animals that should have been handled within a timeframe (usally 48to72 hrs.) not brought up a month after receiving them imho its poor form plain and simple,,,,,,,,thomas

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!