Warning Points System Mod - Page 52 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #511
WebSlave
Yeah, looks like the guys is using a proxy server:

Quote:
208.68.174.24 : host.tohide.com

Really what the heck is the point of this?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #512
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yeah, looks like the guys is using a proxy server:

Really what the heck is the point of this?

You do know how to block that entire proxy dont you Rich? I know he can just go find another, but every proxy you add to the list is one less proxy that trolls can use to give you headaches.

Besides I dont like these guys causing you headaches, I like being the one to drive you the the Excedrin bottle.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #513
kmurphy
This is for you Rich - from Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #514
shrap
Oh and just a heads up to everyone. The Magnificent Seven is on Encore Western Channel right now, it just started. Would not want you all to miss real entertainment.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #515
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
This is for you Rich - from Otis Redding - Dock of the Bay

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes
Good one!

But only ten?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #516
DThomas
He has tried registering two more accounts..

Wilomm
Claude Raines

Nuked them before he could finish email confirmation...lol

Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #517
WebSlave
LOL!! Dennis or Ken are monitoring new registrations and banning Shrillomn just as soon as he completes a registration. It no sooner come through and he gets whacked.

I'm monitoring them as well. I think before I retire for the night I will put new registrations on an approval basis before they can post.

Yeah, Shrillomn, we CAN keep you out of here. And there is NOTHING you can do that can't be deleted afterwards leaving not a trace of your bs.

Have a good one .....

Old 04-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #518
Griz
Quote:
As for the rest, fair enough assessment, I believe. But tell me Griz, just exactly WHY should I care?
Because you should take pride in what you do? Darn it Rich, you've spent a lot of blood and tears in building this site and quite frankly, it bothers a lot of people that individuals have broken you down to the point that you have simply thrown your hands up and stopped caring. Again, I am not blaming you for that reaction but I still believe you want more out of this.

Quote:
You've seen the changes just as I have. The continual bashing of me no matter what I do. So tell me just exactly WHY should I care? What's in it for me? And while you are at it, please tell me even ONE person here trying to tell ME what to do with this site who has any more experience than I do with the BOI specifically and this site in general, qualifying them to have my ear concerning their recommendations. Anyone? What makes YOUR guesses any better than mine?
I never said my suggestions had any more or less merit then the one's you've tried. However, in my line of work I have to make "best guesses" many times just to get in the door. Sometimes they work and sometimes they kick my can. The guesses that did not work are canned. It does not make me weaker, it does not mean that I did not do my due dilligence, it simply means I had to evolve. Your "gest guesses" have sometimes worked and sometimes have not. Giving the keys to the monkeys has not worked (by my assessment and many others). I think at some point you need to take another walk and see where your "best guesses" have taken this site over the past 18 months. There's been more non-related BOI drama in the last year then ever before from what I can tell. The people have not changed so what has?

Quote:
So do me a favor, please. Get the hell out of the backseat and walk to your own destination. You have no more idea where this bus is going than I do, and until you can prove to me that YOU know more than I do about how to do this, can it.
You know, my wife has amazingly big hair. I'm not talking about poofing it up here and there. I am talking about Chaka Khan big hair. And while driving, it's amazing the number of times that I hear her yell to me that a car is coming because in addition to a car's blind spot, I actually have a "hair spot" in my car as well. While I love her dearly and she is truly the one I was intended to fall head over heels for, her hair has nearly killed us on several occasions. But, her level headedness and willingness to see that which I either could not or that I had overlooked has also saved us many times. Sometimes it's the backseat driver that has the most clear view of the situations.

Griz

Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #519
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Because you should take pride in what you do? Darn it Rich, you've spent a lot of blood and tears in building this site and quite frankly, it bothers a lot of people that individuals have broken you down to the point that you have simply thrown your hands up and stopped caring. Again, I am not blaming you for that reaction but I still believe you want more out of this.
LOL! So how long is that pride supposed to carry me through the fire? How long am I supposed to keep on fighting with those "individuals"? It's like trying to fight army ants with a toothpick. If I were just fighting the bad guys, heck, I could carry that torch for a LONG time. But not when the good guys are bashing me as well. THAT's when I had to step back and try to figure out WHO in the world I am really fighting for. And I just could not come up with a good answer. The TRUE turning point in my attitude was after reading a supposedly hidden thread on another site where members here (even some forum mods) trounced me and others rather viciously. When this issue came to light and the facts laid bare, even then an entire group of members here followed them off to another site, pretty much telling me bluntly that they AGREED with those slurs. Well that told me quite a bit about a significant chunk of members here. That was when it really hit me that my fighting and caring really was a wasted effort. Seriously, why the HELL should I care about people like that at all? How many more feel the same way, cursing my guts while taking what they can from this site at the same time? Probably more than I would really care to know about.

But in any event, that event was when my fire went out. That was when I lost my pride in what I thought I was trying to DO here. And now almost a year later, it has not returned, and is doubtful it ever will. I don't hold any animosity towards those people, just a deep bottomless disappointment in people I had thought better of at one time. Yeah, and probably one hell of a chunk of my own naivete got dropped onto the pavement as well. But who would have thunk it that a handfull of "good guys" could have done what all the bad guys in the world couldn't?

It wasn't long after that when I took down the paid requirement for posting on the BOI and rolled back the rules. Yeah, I made some lame assed excuse about the Chris Johnson thing being the reason, but that was just the public face for it. Now, well just to hell with it.........

So if the BOI can help you, more power to you. If it just entertains you, then more power to you as well. Just don't expect me to care one way or the other any longer.

Oh well, stick a fork in me please, I think I am done.

But you DID ask..... Now I do wish you hadn't. It's a scab I hadn't wanted to pick at.

Sulu, take the helm...........

Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #520
brucestephenson
Quote:
LOL! So how long is that pride supposed to carry me through the fire? How long am I supposed to keep on fighting with those "individuals"? It's like trying to fight army ants with a toothpick. If I were just fighting the bad guys, heck, I could carry that torch for a LONG time. But not when the good guys are bashing me as well. THAT's when I had to step back and try to figure out WHO in the world I am really fighting for. And I just could not come up with a good answer. The TRUE turning point in my attitude was after reading a supposedly hidden thread on another site where members here (even some forum mods) trounced me and others rather viciously. When this issue came to light and the facts laid bare, even then an entire group of members here followed them off to another site, pretty much telling me bluntly that they AGREED with those slurs. Well that told me quite a bit about a significant chunk of members here. That was when it really hit me that my fighting and caring really was a wasted effort. Seriously, why the HELL should I care about people like that at all? How many more feel the same way, cursing my guts while taking what they can from this site at the same time? Probably more than I would really care to know about.

But in any event, that event was when my fire went out. That was when I lost my pride in what I thought I was trying to DO here. And now almost a year later, it has not returned, and is doubtful it ever will. I don't hold any animosity towards those people, just a deep bottomless disappointment in people I had thought better of at one time. Yeah, and probably one hell of a chunk of my own naivete got dropped onto the pavement as well. But who would have thunk it that a handfull of "good guys" could have done what all the bad guys in the world couldn't?

It wasn't long after that when I took down the paid requirement for posting on the BOI and rolled back the rules. Yeah, I made some lame assed excuse about the Chris Johnson thing being the reason, but that was just the public face for it. Now, well just to hell with it.........

So if the BOI can help you, more power to you. If it just entertains you, then more power to you as well. Just don't expect me to care one way or the other any longer.

Oh well, stick a fork in me please, I think I am done.

But you DID ask..... Now I do wish you hadn't. It's a scab I hadn't wanted to pick at.

Sulu, take the helm...........
Some of us have also found out what a vicious club of ass-biters those people really are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread