Trader ratings and BOI... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
Pink Lady Exotics
Trader ratings and BOI...

I make a point to give everyone I do business with (whether buying or selling) a trader rating and/or feedback on the BOI as appropriate (whether they are a Fauna member or not). Reputation is everything in this hobby and I know that the more successful transactions a person has, the more likely they are to have more/repeated business in the future. However, I find that very few people I do business with actually return this favor, even after expressing their complete happyness with my animals or my part as the buyer. The majority don't seem to care -- in either category. I find this unfair, especially as I am leaving them positive feedback in an attempt to help them out and express my satisfaction with our transaction. Is it that hard to take 2 seconds and give someone a trader rating or make a 3-sentence post on their BOI thread? I've had MANY transactions over the last 2 years, probably over 75 individual sales -- every single one being positive and flawless -- yet I only have 12 trader ratings and 14 posts on my BOI threads. It may not seem like a big deal, but as a new person to this hobby, I need all the rep points I can get.

Does anyone else get annoyed by this?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
brucestephenson
I will be glad to give a good person post on one of your threads. I cannot give trader ratings because I am not a paid member. I know what you mean. If everyone I dealt with gave or could give a trader rating, I and a lot of other members would probably break a 100 trader rating. But, such is life. I am very happy to get a 17 rating. I probably will relent and pay the $25, but I have had my reasons for procrastinating on the membership.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
It's not anyone in particular either, it's the thought as a whole -- it makes me disappointed in people in general.

Thank you for the feedback!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
hhmoore
Bruce made one of the points that I was going to...to give trader ratings, one must be a contributing member, which probably knocks out a large number of your transactions. But I do know what you mean...I have given a number of + ratings that were not reciprocated. No big deal - just shrug it off and move on. You've got numbers for people to look at, and good guy posts for them to read. If they ask for more feedback, I am sure it will come.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
WebSlave
OK, so can someone now recall why I put in the restriction for paid members ONLY being able to provide Trader Ratings Feedback?

If credibility is no longer a concern on this site and you would prefer to not have this restriction, then that is fine by me.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
hhmoore
Jen, I am curious about something - I understand that you are happy with the snakes, and other aspects of one of your recent transactions...but I would think that the packaging might have negated some of that (and obviously it did, since you mentioned it both in the trader rating comment & on the BOI).
What if it was a slightly different situation, and you had received sub par animals from somebody, but the packaging was outstanding...would you have left positive feedback? <serious question>

Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
OK, so can someone now recall why I put in the restriction for paid members ONLY being able to provide Trader Ratings Feedback?

If credibility is no longer a concern on this site and you would prefer to not have this restriction, then that is fine by me.
Please keep the restriction.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

Did I say anything even remotely close to wanting this restriction lifted? I didn't even bring that up or say anything leading to that.

Harald, the animals are what I purchased, not the box. Yes, that box was horridly packed but they did in fact arrive alive and safe (somehow). Had they arrived injured, dehydrated, dying, etc. due to the shipping process, then I obviously would not have been happy, but I would have withheld feedback and allowed him to rectify the situation. Had he done a superb job on shipping but sent females that were not as represented or sick or what have you, I would have withheld feedback and given him the chance to make things right by refunding my money or replacing the animals. If he followed through with that, then he would have recieved positive feedback. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and need to be seriously screwed before I leave someone negative feedback or make a bad guy post on the BOI. As I mentioned in his thread, I am extremely pleased with the animals as well as our transaction as a whole -- we kept e-mailing back and forth, he sent tons of pics, he negotiated the price, shipped the next day after payment, and immediately e-mailed the following morning to make sure they arrived. All of those things are positive in my opinion. The shipping packaging was the only thing lacking, but that doesn't qualify for entirely negative feedback.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
hhmoore
I wasn't suggesting it merited totally negative feedback...there are also the options of neutral (for transactions with both good and bad aspects) or not leaving any. It doesn't really matter to me in the least what kind of feedback you give people - that is your choice.

And I agree, it takes a lot for me to leave negative feedback. I have posted one negative thread on the BOI, and added my (negative) experiences to one other. I have certainly had my share of issues over the years, but most of them don't merit broadcasting in that manner.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
Did I say anything even remotely close to wanting this restriction lifted? I didn't even bring that up or say anything leading to that.
I never said you did. But someone else most certainly DID bring up the restriction.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!