So here's my site - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Shadera
So here's my site

All nice and finished. Opinions please?

www.magickalmorphs.com

Please be gentle, it's my first time.

I realize a couple things on there need some tweaking, mainly my terms wording. I was unsure exactly how to word things and am overwhelmed when I think of all the things I probably should have on there to cover my butt. I'd really appreciate some suggestions on those if anyone has them. I have very little experience with being the seller, and I'm really an honest small hobbyist but I just want to make sure some of those high dollar morphs that will ship out of here someday (sigh) won't come back to haunt me. Like, what would be a good example of a DOA policy? Or a return policy? Things like that. I'll definitely do what I can to make the customer happy, but at the same time want to protect myself from the scammers that are out there.

This site was a long time in building, but overall I am very pleased with the look and feel of it. If anyone's interested in having a site done by this gentleman I'd be happy to give his contact info. He works for cash or snakes.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
All nice and finished. Opinions please?

www.magickalmorphs.com

Please be gentle, it's my first time.

I realize a couple things on there need some tweaking, mainly my terms wording. I was unsure exactly how to word things and am overwhelmed when I think of all the things I probably should have on there to cover my butt. I'd really appreciate some suggestions on those if anyone has them. I have very little experience with being the seller, and I'm really an honest small hobbyist but I just want to make sure some of those high dollar morphs that will ship out of here someday (sigh) won't come back to haunt me. Like, what would be a good example of a DOA policy? Or a return policy? Things like that. I'll definitely do what I can to make the customer happy, but at the same time want to protect myself from the scammers that are out there.

This site was a long time in building, but overall I am very pleased with the look and feel of it. If anyone's interested in having a site done by this gentleman I'd be happy to give his contact info. He works for cash or snakes.

I think it looks nice and coming along well. i dont think i myself would have put fairies on a reptile site but thats just me. keep up the good work on it... looks great for your 1st.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
The fairies are a girl-thang, silly; besides, it is MAGICKAL! I like it--took my time going through it and the only suggestion I would have (just my humble opinion) would be to label the photos of the bps in your gallery section (like you did in the 'projects' section).
Are there going to be any links attached to the photos in the project section, or will the results of those projects show up in the available section?
I think whoever did it did a good job!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Shadera
Admit it Bo, you love little pink faeries! :P

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just trying to keep it simple for now and the projects page won't have any links. I'm sure that as my hobby grows I will probably look into having the site expanded and will add more stuff. I have other projects I am working on, but don't have pictures yet of the visual morphs to use. Like I'm obsessed with lavender albinos but all I have are hets ATM. I need to add more pictures to the gallery section when I can get around to it, too. I'll see what can be done about captions for those, good idea!

Old 02-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
AvandisFifth187
Opinions and suggestions...

I love the site! The setup is beautiful and the format is very easy to navigate (a huge plus in my book!).

Here is something to point out though: In the bottom of the genetics section in terms, you mis-spelled genetics in the genetics card part.

I like the fact that repeat customers get discounts. I also like the fact that you will work out payment plans. Not may companies are willing to do that... Well not many that I've come across.

Overall I love it. The animals are beautiful and the site is well designed and easy to navigate. Great job!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Shadera
The payment plan thing is important for me. Like you said, there aren't many people out there willing to do them longer than a couple months even on the most expensive morphs. I'll go as long as they need to as long as they're willing to chip in a few bucks to help feed the rats the snake is eating.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Overall, GREAT But, i will nitpick, and ill just be blunt. ( Dont take it badly though Kay?)

I would make the "Collection" And "Available" and "Projects" scroll area larger, its very hard to see, and, honestly, seeing one thing at a time in a very small box dosnt bring the site together well. If you made it larger so we could see more pictures, it would REALLY make the site look great, and make it easier to look at. Do that, and it will look pretty awesome! The words stuff youll catch as you stare at it

Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
DeeSeven
Hi Shadera I just got done looking over your site. Very VERY VERY nicely done for a first time. Just my 2-3 cents here (like the rest nothing personal just trying to help)

- Move the fairy next to the menu up to your quote and expand that Iframe
- The fairies are a nice touch but the snakes on the bottom look out of place. I don't know how sharp your graphical skills are but you could put some image effect over the snake to make it more "magic" ie..fairy dust, stars, etc. etc.

If you need help on anything image related your welcome to shoot me a pm I have about 10 years invested in photoshop.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Shadera
Thank you Daniel, I'll let the person who did the graphics know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!