Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #501
Snakesitter
I agree, water outside would be a positive. Hopefully none of them went into the walls.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #502
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
You don't think they'll get thirsty before they get hungry? A water bowl inside a bottle or something might make a good trap...

The only problem with that is that the room is full of water sources. There are lots of fish tanks and misting systems in operation 24 hours a day. There's no reason why they would be attracted to this particular water bottle. That's why I'm hoping for hunger to do the job for me.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #503
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
I agree, water outside would be a positive. Hopefully none of them went into the walls.

Luckily, there are no walls in the basement. It is possible that they managed to get into some of the walls in the other rooms, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #504
Snakesitter
Makes sense.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #505
cguarino30
Well, I found number 14 this morning, but it's not good news. I pulled out the sprayer from the kitchen sink and it wouldn't go back in, so I pulled it out farther and found a little red tail wrapped around it. I carefully worked the snake out through the hole, but it appears to be injured about 23rds of the way down its body. The tail end is fairly unresponsive, and the snake itself is somewhat lethargic. I seriously considered euthanizing it, but I remembered that last year I had a couple of the escapees act very lethargic and limp as well and that it turned out to be mostly exhaustion, as they all came out of it quickly. I'm going to give this one a day to recover and reevaluate at that time.

The good news is that I also found number 15 up in the ceiling when I went searching this morning, and that one appears to be just fine.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #506
cguarino30
And number 16 as well, hiding on top of the router in the ceiling. Something the last couple of days must have encouraged them all to move, because I found the last two in places I have checked repeatedly. I guess the lesson there is that if I keep checking the places they like the best, I'll eventually hit on almost all of them. The only problem is that the longer it takes to find one, the more likely it is for that one to find its way to somewhere dangerous, like #14 did.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #507
cguarino30
I just realized that in all the confusion of the escapes, I never posted the pictures from the day they were born. Here are some of the better ones.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #508
cguarino30
And here's some from a shoot today. This is Y14H3, who was in shed, but still looking pretty good, along with Y15H1, who was the one baby whose color stood out so much that I retained her (fingers crossed) in a separate tub when everyone else made their jailbreak. I feel these pictures really show the development over a year. You can see considerable size difference, as well as muscular development and the progression of ontogenetic color change. You can also see why H1 got held back, and why I'm expecting some great things from this year's clutch.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #509
Snakesitter
Love the worm pile shots. I see several of them were ready to take shots of their own at the camera. ;-)

Old 09-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #510
Snakesitter
Fingers crossed for #14, and bravo on #15!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!