Enchi vs Super Enchi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Arrow Enchi vs Super Enchi

Does anyone have any comparison photos (together) of adult Enchi vs Super Enchi? I just had a clutch hatch from Blackback Enchi x Pastel and ended up with 3 Pastel Enchi and 6 Enchi. Statistically that shouldn't have happened (but we all know Murphy!). I've always thought the male looked odd colored for an Enchi, so I thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone had any good comparison photos.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Here are photos of the Enchi in question. He's not the most cooperative and these images really don't do him any justice with regards to color. His coloring in real life is closer to the 1st Super Enchi on WOBB. When initially purchased from NERD, I was told that he was the same Enchi Black Back seen on WOBB, and if you look at the head pattern, it does look like the same snake. He's just not nearly as bright yellow as that particular photo.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
I do have one more clutch from this male incubating from a Black Back Cinnamon. If those turn out all Enchi, I'll be even more suspicious.

The Enchis from this particular clutch look like low grade Pastels, but they don't have the purple heads signifying Pastel Enchi. When you toss them in all together you can't really tell them apart too well based on body color alone.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Forum dead much?

Old 10-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
SamBob
It's been two days. Honestly if no one is replying, no one has an answer for you or no one has the photos. I personally didn't even know that a super enchi existed. Be patient and someone may or may not help you out

Old 10-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Do not lecture me, Samantha. I have been a member of this forum for 12 years.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
SamBob
I wasn't lecturing you, Stephanie. Just because you have been on this forum for twelve years doesn't mean that you are going to get instant replies. My apologies if I came off as rude. However, patience is still important.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
You misinterpreted why I admonished you. It was for your attempt to chide me on how the forum works (ie "having patience"). As I've been interacting here for 12 years, I am well aware of how it works. Forum interaction appears to have declined over the last several years, which is very unfortunate. I myself am guilty as I have turned into more of a lurker these last few years rather then an active participant due to my busy schedule.

A better response from you would have been "I didn't even know Super Enchi's existed! I hope someone else chimes in with some input!" instead of the attempt at censure.

For your education, Super Enchi's have been produced since at least 2003. The difference between Enchi and Super can be pretty subtle, which is why I'm looking for more of side-by-side comparison. As with many mutations, their are various grades within Enchi (just like, for example, Pastel) and perhaps mine is being effected by the Genetic Black Back only and I was just insanely lucky with the clutch of 9 from last week. The other clutch I had mentioned being from this same male should be out any day now and perhaps those results will shed some light on this.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
SamBob
Again, my apologies. I did misinterpret your words. Thank you for correcting me, thank you for explaining a super enchi, and congrats on the clutch.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
Pasodama
Wish I did but I do not have any side by side photos of my own. Am sure you may already know which subtleties, etc., to look for, but pics sure do help.
You may have seen it already, or maybe not, but am going to send you a link, via PM, that shows a clutch of Super Enchis and Enchi. Don't know if it will help but hope it does at least a little bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!